Currently Airing Anime

I don’t really know either, I mean I know it’s not a good show, maybe it’s because it at least tries to be original with its premise? Dunno^^

[quote=“Takafumi, post:361, topic:28”]
Huh, I heard the adaptation of Utawarerumono was pretty good
[/quote]Oh I didn’t mean to imply it’s bad, it’s pretty good actually, I just wanted to say that it’s quite a lot to take in because so much happens in a single episode which makes it pretty hard to marathon

How can you hate the guy? While his voices are indeed similar, his acting itself is first-class. He’s really good at conveying emotions and being the tsukkomi in comedy scenes. Remember Sakurasou? He was soooo good as Sorata.
He kinda makes some anime a little bit better just by having a role there. His role as Kirihara in Rakudai Kishi actually made me watch it up to episode 4. That battle in episode 4 - that I’m-shitting-my-pants-panic-screaming by Kirihara was some good stuff.

I’m just so tired of hearing the same voice over and over. Be is a good actor (Tale of the Worst One and Food Wars! are two roles of his I like) but for a while he was super overused and there’s others that are talented and do different voices.

I get this with Kanahana sometimes. I like to time how long it takes for an anime to include her. Tokyo Ghoul was like… 5 seconds or something.
But then I remember that it’s Kanahana, so it’s okay… Well, most of the time. I didn’t like her as Marry.

What’s she in this season btw?

I think she’s only in Owarimonogatari and Ushio and Tora. Going off her wiki page while waiting for class so I’m probably missing something.

With her I don’t mind as much as Kosaki, Kanade, Ubiquitous (I think that’s how you spell it, justice girl from Akame ga Kill) all sound different. You can tell it’s her but it’s not pretty much the same voice over and over.

Check out Zetsuen no Tempest if you have the time. That’s where I think Hanakana played her best (or should I say most fitting?) role yet.

What @Doublethree1 said, from the stuff I’m watching she’s only Nadeko in Owarimono, but even there it’s just 1 little flashback so far
Not doing a lot this season, not even a minor character somewhere, takin it easy maybe

And I quite like her voice, Tonari no Seki-kun was fun because it was basically just Hanakana monologuing for 21 7min episodes (with a few exceptions here and there)^^

You’re not missing much… So far it’s been pretty meh.

Yeah I figure this’ll end up being the case. No self respecting trashy light novel would just abolish the cut and paste harem it worked so hard to create.

It’s not worth your time at this stage. It’s the same as the first season minus having an interesting first episode and with some added fripSide to make you feel kinda disoriented about the whole thing.

Am I missing something, or are generic harem anime dying out? Nowadays, all I see are Otaku fantasy for Otaku self-insert harems. Are they becoming the new generic? Since most of them are blatantly similar.

I was about to say the generic harems have stopped existing, but then I remembered that Lance N’Masques exists, which is technically a generic harem… right?

I guess? I never thought of it is a harem but I guess there are multiple girls that want Yotarou. There’s also Shomin Sample.
Last season had Monster Musume, spring had Nisekoi and winter had Saekano (which is getting a second season) going by what I watched but generic do seem to be dying out.

There’s always 2 or 3 a season, but they’ve dropped in quality overall I think. We’re not the mid-2000’s anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s times like these when I rewatch stuff like Shakugan no Shana and go “wow, they made really good characters back then”. It’s sad to look at the currently popular stuff like Mahouka and notice… well, the quality drop you mentioned.

It’s not about giving a weak guy a chance and developing him until he lives up to the size of his harem anymore.
Now it’s all about placing some boobs around a dude who’s (unjustly) an outcast because he’s too cool for the world.

Or am I just getting old and not keeping up with the times?

I’d give an answer, but cheap romcom and harem stuff from back then was my gateway to anime, so I’ll be unjustly positive when talking about them. Trashy pop OPs that I listened to so much that I hate all of them now. Less Rito clones. Dense MCs weren’t annoyingly overdone yet. There were a lot of multi-MC shows too, which was nice, because all the male leads had to be developed enough to be different.

They are the kind of shows that were average at the time but seem slightly better now, despite the rough animation that a lot of shows had back then… That was a rough transition.

I think my three favorites this season are Owarimonogatari, The Perfect Insider, and Utawarerumono: something something else. In particular, Utawarerumono is fun; played the first game, and besides some particular points, I loved it. Makes me want to hurry up my Japanese learning, so I can order and play the 2nd VN. IIRC, it’s available on Vita, so I should be able to play it if I buy a Japanese card.

Anyone else watching Shomin Sample? It started off kind of crap, but now I find it to be one of the most enjoyable shows this season.

How much has it improved? I dropped it after the hundredth “what is ____? It looks/tastes/sounds/feels/smells so amazing!” joke and if it’s going to continue those I’ll probably just continue getting annoyed. I’m all for giving it a second chance though.

Almost every joke comes from a “wtf” moment, but the character’s back stories are getting interesting. I’d probably enjoy it more if there was a little less ecchi but that’s just me.

It is enjoyable, but I still wouldn’t count it as one of the good shows this season^^

[quote=“Doublethree1, post:378, topic:28”]
How much has it improved?
[/quote]It hasn’t really, it’s still the same except for a few jokes that come from either a misunderstanding or the girls doing something silly, like last episode was one giant wtf moment… “gets.”

1 Like

I never knew how much I would love watching something totally plot-less and entirely adorable until I watched “Is the Order a Rabbit?” They’re broadcasting the second season at the moment. Pretty much cuteness overload. I get embarrassed just pressing the play button, but it’s heartwarming.

3 Likes