Currently Airing Anime

Impressions so far:

• Aoharu: Seems fun so far, should make a good saturday morning breakfast anime for the next 12 weeks
  • Chaos Dragon: Oh man, pls fix the pacing, otherwise interesting
  • Charlotte: see Charlotte episode threads^^
  • Classroom Crisis: Not sure what to think of this yet, just hoping it won’t get too boring
  • Danchigai: might be a amusing little short anime
  • Durarara: Really liked the 1st/13th episode, Izaya is interesting
  • Gakkou Gurashi: Holy crap that twist, this show is one of the biggest surprises so far
  • Gangsta: They’re making the Dogtags look a bit too “cool”, but I like it
  • Gatchaman: aw yiss, this season has much potential, need more Hajime
  • Gate: Fun so far, dat ep2 tho, those poor armies ^^
  • Himouto: Umaru knows how to properly relax at home, fun show
  • Kuusen Madoushi: eh, don’t usually like this type of show, but I’m giving it a chance, 3ep rule and all
  • Million Doll: not sure what to make of this, if it was a full length show I’d probably drop it, but as short it might be amusing
  • Monster Musume: Love the manga, will hopefully love the anime, need Papi and Suu! Centaur a shit!
  • Non Non Biyori: I missed this show so much, maximum relaxing and healing, just watching it makes me feel happy
  • Okusama ga Seitokaichou: pretty much built on ecchi, and a bit silly, but I’ll watch it^^
  • Overlord: First ep was nice, Madhouse doing a good job yet again, looking forward to learning about the world and the NPCs
  • Prison School: More ecchi, but amusing, and love hearing HanaKana in this :smiley:
  • Rokka no Yuusha: Seems like a good fantasy-concept, will definitely watch
  • Symphogear: Still can’t decide if Hibiki or Chris best girl… also mages!
  • Shimoneta: This should be fun, but man is there a lot of ecchi this season, I’ll take it^^
  • Sore ga Seiyuu: low-budget Shirobako focused on Seiyuu’s? We’ll see

From last season:

• Kekkai Sensen: final ep when?
  • Yuki-chan: still haven’t continued, at ep6
  • Ore Monogatari: still haven’t continued this either, at ep8
  • Souma: great show, very fun to watch still

Also waiting for God Eater and Venus Project to start, and 2 movies, Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda
and Date A Live Mayuri Judgement

1 Like

Boy, when the old waifu left you, you oughta find new waifus. Of course I mean, seasonal waifus. It’s hard to say goodbye to the old ones, but you might find something better in the new waifus.

So, as for this season I’m watching:
Charlotte - Boy we all do.
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - It’s detective-y and the visuals were gorgeous. Better yet, it’s basically a loose adaptation of Edogawa Ranpo’s novels (which I have never read before, but Edogawa Ranpo has a big name for something, ain’t I right?)
Durarara!! x2 - Honestly I am not as excited as I was before, when watching the first season. But for the continuation sake, why not?
Working!!! - I watched this because I have OTP to ship, that’s all.
Rokka no Yuusha - This one seems promising. At least the characters designs seem to be made to please everyone’s fetishes interests.
Akagami no Shirayukihime - I have no idea why I picked this up especially I’m not usually fond with shoujo titles. But I don’t find it too bubbly and too corny, so maybe I’ll stick with this one.
GANGSTA - I’m usually interested in anime with unusual setting, maybe something outside school life and otaku-ism. This anime starring two ossan, gotta love it. Or at least I’ll try.
School Life! - This is just your other moe show, starring 4 girls in a club, with a pet and beautiful young teacher. It’s basically like K-ON! Everyone is full of smiles and everyday is just so happy! What could ever go wrong!? And when there’s trouble, we all should just pretend that it never happened, just like Komari’s theory of happiness, right!? You should at least try watching one episode! You’ll love it!

Sadly gonna drop:
Himouto! Umaru-chan - seems like interesting comedy anime, but I don’t think I want to spend my time watching this
Aoharu x Machinegun - looks full of action, includes a reverse trap and bishies. Sadly not to my liking.
Chaos Dragon - THIS. I had a lot of hope when names like Ryohgo Narita, Urobutcher and Nasu are involved, but the anime was just… just disappointing. Awful off-putting CGI dragon, so much that I remembered that mana transfer night with Saber. Screenplay was terrible. Everything feels so slow. It looked like as if it was made in 15 fps. I’m also not a fan of listening a boy screaming every one minute, even if it was Marina Inoue. Character design were awful, like they’re trying too hard. I can’t even try to love this one, I’m sorry.

Continuing:
Ore Monogatari
Kekkai Sensen - although at this point I’m already too fed up. It’s just a goddamn 13-episode anime, why would you need a recap episode and then delaying the ending forever!? I actually didn’t find it as good as people claim it would be (yeah, the writer in AnimeNewsNetwork even claimed that it was the best anime of Spring 2015.) But I love the songs so why not?

Waiting for:
God Eater - because ufotable

And for the rest I don’t think I plan to watch 'em.

I enjoyed the twist at the end. This is my number one pic this season and i think this could be one hell of a psychological animu. Kinda reminds me of Higurashi.

Other stuff I’m watching this season:

Chaos;Dragon: Terrible pacing and the massive info dump was so overwhelming I didn’t understand a thing. I see potential with the characters and the story seems to subverting another character type again when the hero has to kill people to kill other people(?). Though it’s been done before, I find that part interesting as to how the MC is going to handle his shitty existence. Unless they don’t do something with the pacing, I’m ditching this out.

Charlotte: of course

Godeater: I was a bit disappointed to this. I know nothing of the Godeater franchise and the only reason why I watched this was because Ufotable was behind. It was not as interesting as I thought it would be. It looked just like any shounen anime, but with beautiful, grungy art and really, really nice transition effects.

Ranpo Kitan: It’s been awhile since I watched a detective show like this one. Love the nonchalant personality of the MC. The second episode was kind of weird to my opinion and less emotional than I think it was trying to be.

Rokka no Yuusha: Love this one so far. The pacing is slow but the characters are fun to watch while they interact. Ep 2 was just another load of info dump but I like how they handled it while providing bits of backstories of the characters. And the animation is just fucking awesome and the MC is flawless. I could watch this guy scream that he’s the strongest man in the world all day.

My impressions:
Gakkou Gurashi: started really cute; and then…those who’ve seen it know what happens in the end…So far the only anime that can come close to Charlotte. I agree with the suggestion that you should at least try the 1st episode; the twist is done really well.

Ushio to Tora I’m getting interested in Japanese mythology so I might enjoy this

Rokka no Yuusha: seems interesting; and I love the Aztec inspired setting

Non Non Biyori Repeat I kinda enjoyed the first season even though pure SoL isn’t really my thing; so I hope this one doesn’t get boring

Durarara Lost interest in the 2nd season; I which they could have given at least one of the seasons to Baccano which was much better IMO.

Himouto Umaru-chan: to be honest it has been a while that I have seen an anime this bad that I dropped it after the first episode. I found the main character really annoying, spoiled and arrogant. I enjoyed Bikini Warriors more than this

Not sure if I’m with Wooser no Sono Higurashi and Miss Monochrome being double length. They have had their charm as short anime but now they might become to boring.

And of course continuing Shokugeki no Souma with it’s epic food battles. My mom always watches Master Chef and thinks that Canadian judge is scary; but this is million times worse.

Still need to watch:
God Eater
Fate/Kaleid: First two seasons were fun: FSN characters fit too perfectly in an anime like this

Nyanpasu~

Non Non Biyori 2nd episodes was awesome! Ah, how much I missed this… Even if it was just for a little time… Glad to have it back, nyan!

I have watched God Eater, but sadly the theme and story look very generic RPG (well, it is an adaptation of RPG game…) and I’m also not very fond of main character who is like, totally special and super awesome and has something that other doesn’t. But the animation and art look unique and new, nevertheless. I’m sure it’s just as expensive as UBW in term of production value, but I think I’ll have to get used to this animation style.
I’m not sure if I have to continue or drop this…

1 Like

Other than their fantastic animation I’m not super infatuated with ufo table, the only anime by them o throughly enjoyed was fate/zero

Iirc, God Eater’s team is quite different to the guys who did the Type-Moon stuff. I’ll probably not watch it.

Not much time for anime these days, but definitely catching up on the weekly episodes of Charlotte (can’t miss it as a Key fan :P) and Non non biyori repeat for its slow paced setting and lighthearted comedy that really calms me down after a hectic week at work^^

1 Like

Positive surprises (as in better than expected):
Gakkou Gurashi, Gate, Rokka no Yuusha, Himouto

Negative Surprises (worse than…):
Chaos Dragon, God Eater, Million Doll

[quote=“21hunter, post:265, topic:28”]
FSN characters fit too perfectly in an anime like this
[/quote]what about Carnival Phantasm?^^

tbh I’m not really fan of their character designs either

[quote=“Skyzzed, post:271, topic:28, full:true”]

haven’t seen it yet, so don’t know

You can watch all of Carnival Phantasm on Youtube. They’re really open about it since the vids have never been taken down. It is one of the best things in the world if you like Type Moon stuff.

Type-Moon’s, or God Eater’s?

[quote=“21hunter, post:272, topic:28”]
haven’t seen it yet, so don’t know
[/quote]I’d recommend not watching it until you’ve read Tsukihime, but I know several people that have anyways and still really enjoyed it.

[quote=“Skyzzed, post:271, topic:28”]
Negative Surprises (worse than…):
Chaos Dragon, God Eater
[/quote]Chaos Dragon certainly. Although my expectations werent very high, its still a type moon thing, so I was at least a bit excited. But Im honestly considering dropping it. Its so annoying when a show takes an interesting concept and then has terrible execution.

Im not really sure what everyone’s so upset about with God Eater. The art, I guess? I don’t know, I think its kinda cool looking. Basically, its certainly not the uber-quality of the Fate series and Kara no Kyoukai, but the animation is still really good, the music is also really awesome, and honestly it makes me want to play the game. So I think its doing its job.

I also have to say: for once, I actually looked at the description for a show, and for once its come back to bite me. I went into Gakkou Gurashi already knowing “the twist”, not because someone spoiled me, but because the summary blurb talked about it!

Granted, I probably wouldnt have watched it at all if I hadnt read that description. And it was still handled pretty darn well, I had no idea it was going to get psychological in the way that it did.

1 Like

I knew the fan title “Moe-Zombie Apocalypse” which is what got me to watch it but when watching the first episode I thought the apocalypse was going to start at the end of the episode or something, not the twist. I guess if it went in more detail than what I said I might have guessed.

Right, that was the part about “it being really well done”. I like how it slowly hinted at the truth and then just showed you everything. I already knew what the twist was about, but I didnt know about the psychological shit with the girl not computing that they were in the middle of an apocalypse.

I read the manga, so I knew everything. It was no surprise for me, but it was for my imouto who I asked to watch (tehehehe). I’m liking the adaptation so far, it’s really good. However, the fact that Miki is present from the beginning is bothering me. I still don’t understand why they did this.

While I haven’t read the manga so I can’t say for sure, some things work in one medium and not another. Some examples I can give are how Shokugeki no Souma switched the order of 2 transitions arcs (one just ended and the other starts next episode) and it flows a lot better this way (even in the manga these 2 arcs felt weird how they were ordered though). Another thing is taking out romance in anime and manga adaptations of visual novels for all except one route. A more specific example would be Kanon 2006. The VN had characters like Mai have no interactions with the other heroine while in Kanon 2006 she helps Yuuichi with both Makoto and Ayu’s problems.

I remembered hearing it had something do with zombies but I assumed it was going to be an upbeat comedy during a zombie apocalypse where students (as in the whole student body) lived in a school, the twist got me pretty bad

Continuing the discussion from Currently Airing Anime:

God Eater. Or more like Ufotable in general
Didn’t really like the character designs they used in the UBW anime. The animation quality kinda made up for it though.

My anime backlog is quite big so I can postpone watching Carnival Phantasm and see whether I’ll read Tsukihime one day…else I’ll just watch it

Same for me.
If you rewatch the first episode; there are some moments before the twist you can see the zombies in the background; also MANGA SPOILERS: the teacher’s grave

MANGA SPOILERS

Not to mention the broken windows that are overexposed so the viewer can’t see it clearly, and Miki doesn’t care about the ‘classes’. Also, I and my imouto were discussing if Megu-nee was really alive in the anime adaptation, because up to now they haven’t shown that she is a zombie. But I think they didn’t do that. If you notice how Kurumi, Miki, and Yuuri completely ignore Megu-nee when they are talking, which is used for comedic purposes, but it could also indicate the fact that they aren’t seeing her.