Currently Airing Anime

Iirc, God Eater’s team is quite different to the guys who did the Type-Moon stuff. I’ll probably not watch it.

Not much time for anime these days, but definitely catching up on the weekly episodes of Charlotte (can’t miss it as a Key fan :P) and Non non biyori repeat for its slow paced setting and lighthearted comedy that really calms me down after a hectic week at work^^

1 Like

Positive surprises (as in better than expected):
Gakkou Gurashi, Gate, Rokka no Yuusha, Himouto

Negative Surprises (worse than…):
Chaos Dragon, God Eater, Million Doll

[quote=“21hunter, post:265, topic:28”]
FSN characters fit too perfectly in an anime like this
[/quote]what about Carnival Phantasm?^^

tbh I’m not really fan of their character designs either

[quote=“Skyzzed, post:271, topic:28, full:true”]

haven’t seen it yet, so don’t know

You can watch all of Carnival Phantasm on Youtube. They’re really open about it since the vids have never been taken down. It is one of the best things in the world if you like Type Moon stuff.

Type-Moon’s, or God Eater’s?

[quote=“21hunter, post:272, topic:28”]
haven’t seen it yet, so don’t know
[/quote]I’d recommend not watching it until you’ve read Tsukihime, but I know several people that have anyways and still really enjoyed it.

[quote=“Skyzzed, post:271, topic:28”]
Negative Surprises (worse than…):
Chaos Dragon, God Eater
[/quote]Chaos Dragon certainly. Although my expectations werent very high, its still a type moon thing, so I was at least a bit excited. But Im honestly considering dropping it. Its so annoying when a show takes an interesting concept and then has terrible execution.

Im not really sure what everyone’s so upset about with God Eater. The art, I guess? I don’t know, I think its kinda cool looking. Basically, its certainly not the uber-quality of the Fate series and Kara no Kyoukai, but the animation is still really good, the music is also really awesome, and honestly it makes me want to play the game. So I think its doing its job.

I also have to say: for once, I actually looked at the description for a show, and for once its come back to bite me. I went into Gakkou Gurashi already knowing “the twist”, not because someone spoiled me, but because the summary blurb talked about it!

Granted, I probably wouldnt have watched it at all if I hadnt read that description. And it was still handled pretty darn well, I had no idea it was going to get psychological in the way that it did.

1 Like

I knew the fan title “Moe-Zombie Apocalypse” which is what got me to watch it but when watching the first episode I thought the apocalypse was going to start at the end of the episode or something, not the twist. I guess if it went in more detail than what I said I might have guessed.

Right, that was the part about “it being really well done”. I like how it slowly hinted at the truth and then just showed you everything. I already knew what the twist was about, but I didnt know about the psychological shit with the girl not computing that they were in the middle of an apocalypse.

I read the manga, so I knew everything. It was no surprise for me, but it was for my imouto who I asked to watch (tehehehe). I’m liking the adaptation so far, it’s really good. However, the fact that Miki is present from the beginning is bothering me. I still don’t understand why they did this.

While I haven’t read the manga so I can’t say for sure, some things work in one medium and not another. Some examples I can give are how Shokugeki no Souma switched the order of 2 transitions arcs (one just ended and the other starts next episode) and it flows a lot better this way (even in the manga these 2 arcs felt weird how they were ordered though). Another thing is taking out romance in anime and manga adaptations of visual novels for all except one route. A more specific example would be Kanon 2006. The VN had characters like Mai have no interactions with the other heroine while in Kanon 2006 she helps Yuuichi with both Makoto and Ayu’s problems.

I remembered hearing it had something do with zombies but I assumed it was going to be an upbeat comedy during a zombie apocalypse where students (as in the whole student body) lived in a school, the twist got me pretty bad

Continuing the discussion from Currently Airing Anime:

God Eater. Or more like Ufotable in general
Didn’t really like the character designs they used in the UBW anime. The animation quality kinda made up for it though.

My anime backlog is quite big so I can postpone watching Carnival Phantasm and see whether I’ll read Tsukihime one day…else I’ll just watch it

Same for me.
If you rewatch the first episode; there are some moments before the twist you can see the zombies in the background; also MANGA SPOILERS: the teacher’s grave

MANGA SPOILERS

Not to mention the broken windows that are overexposed so the viewer can’t see it clearly, and Miki doesn’t care about the ‘classes’. Also, I and my imouto were discussing if Megu-nee was really alive in the anime adaptation, because up to now they haven’t shown that she is a zombie. But I think they didn’t do that. If you notice how Kurumi, Miki, and Yuuri completely ignore Megu-nee when they are talking, which is used for comedic purposes, but it could also indicate the fact that they aren’t seeing her.

I haven’t read the entire manga yet; so I’m being careful with spoilers for now

You can read. The spoiler is the same of yours :wink:

Yes there is a lot of foreshadowing; also somewhere in the 1st ep MANGA SPOILERthere is one chair missing
also, you should visit the official site after midnight :slight_smile:

So I’m guessing episode 4 is supposed to be present day while it seems more like flashback?
Also a question I have that I only want answered if it’s not a major spoiler, why is Yuki’s uniform blue while the rest are green? I thought that might be a year thing at first but I think Miki is the only one not in the same year and Miki has the same uniform as Kurumi and Yuri.

Anime spoiler It’s meant to represent her “inverted” state of mind. If you put her uniform in negative, it becomes like the others.

Oh that makes sense. Does that mean it’s actually green but looks blue to us?

On the off chance that you’ve overlooked or didn’t watch season one Gatchaman Crowds: Insight is pulling no punches this season. It’s addressing all the worries and unrealities about it’s first season whilst covering so much related to gamification, society in the modern age, elections, how the media controls and destroys people etc… And all that is connected to a show that at it’s very heart is heavily critical and exploratory of the superhero genre, denying it in it’s modern gritty way in favour of an optimistic but still down to earth fashion.

Even the individual characters themselves are playing off and destroying common tropes. It’s probably one of the most stand out shows of the year at this point. Easily so.