Community Event: Osu! Night

Yes people, Osu! isn’t dead! For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s a free rhythm game based on clicking on circles, moving between sliders and destroying your arm trying to get a good score on spinners. Here’s a video so that you get an idea of how it works.

So we’re reviving the Kazamatsuri Osu! Nights this Saturday 8th of April. Since I’m unaware of who’d join, for this one I’m going to say that the party starts at 16:00 (4pm) UTC. If the schedule is inconvenient for some of you, worry not, for the schedule will be made to accommodate as many as possible and will be changed in other Osu! Nights for this matter. I myself will be on Discord voice, so feel free to join so that we can laugh at each other’s horrible music tastes and equally horrible ability to click circles.

If you’re a new player, don’t worry, newbies are welcome, but you’ll probably want to play a bit first to get the settings right (especially sensitivity). The less we have to wait for minor stuff to be set the more time we’ll be able to be playing it.

If you’re already a player, you have nothing to worry about either. We’ll try to play songs with a difficulty level everyone is comfortable with. Also, if there’s a big gap in players’ ability, we can still play beatmaps of an average level and have mods like Easy or Hard Rock help us adjust the maps to everyone’s needs.

Remember, you’re all welcome, so show your interest to assist to the Osu! madness by posting in this topic.

We’ll be playing a set array of beatmaps. Everyone can post up to 10 beatmaps of their liking. Refer to this post for more information. The following are the Beatmaps that have been submitted and approved to be played so far:

Alicemagic -TV Animation Version-
Little Busters! - Ecstasy Ver. -
Owari no Sekai kara
Killer Song
Yuusou naru Tatakai
Mezameta Asa ni wa Kimi ga Tonari ni (TV Size)
Boys be Smile (TV Size)
PSYCHIC LOVER - Rewrite (Short Ver.)
Yousei Teikoku - Kokou no Sousei
Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke
Sweet Sweet Cendrillon Drug
Mushikui Saikede Rhythm
Strike of the Ninja
KOROBUSHKA (Ryu*Remix)
Cirno’s Perfect Math Class
U.N. Owen Was Her?
Aoi Haru (TV Size)
Bloody Purity
Vanilla Salt (TV Size)
Adagio for Summer Wind
Alice Maestera
Sister, Friend, Lover (TV Size)
CHOIR JAIL (TV Size)
Happy Material (31 person ver. TV Size)
Arashi no Naka de Kagayaite (TV Size)
Senketsu no Chikai
Airman ga Taosenai (SOUND HOLIC Ver.)
Night of Knights
Sparkling Daydream (TV Size)
Okochama Sensou
Welcome Berry’s
Sakura no Zenya
ROADS UNTRAVELED
New Divide
Always Summer
INSIDE IDENTITY (TV Size)
Angelic Break Beats
Ichiban no Takaramono (Yui Ver)

Other info:
Download Osu!
Create an account
Search and download beatmaps

2 Likes

Yo, I’ll be there, I expect at least one Reisen theme with that image you posted :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sounds fun. I can’t really play maps more difficult than 3 - 3.5 stars, but count me in!

On board I am. I will even perhaps be able to pretend I’m talented at the bloody thing!

Disclaimer:

I haven’t played in years God help me overcome the circles.

Looks interesting. I might hop in.

I’m down to play, although I was never good at it…

Not sure if my schedule could get me available yet, but I’ll do my best to join!

(my osu skills are dropping each second ;-; )

Looks interesting, but I probably won’t be able to join in at that time… if it was 2-4 hours earlier…
Well, I can probably still join the night as well, just not the voice call.

Ooooo, been a while since I last played OSU!. I might join (hopefully I won’t forget. -plz @ me on discord-).
But yeah, time to kill any chance of me regularly playing the game once and for all.

OK guys, to accommodate people from Asia/Oceania, we’ll be moving the schedule to 16:00 UTC (4pm UTC). Please state whether you’ll still be able to assist or if you have any problems with the new schedule. Also, in general for all events, if you aren’t able to assist, but would want to, say so and we’ll try to adjust the schedule to fit in as many as possible!

Tagging people who had already expressed interest:
@RyuuTamotsu, @Khsellhu, @Madekuji_san, @bionic, @Whales, @Natsume, @RazoRTR, @VyseGolbez

I’m still there~

With the amount of people we have we might have to think about some form of rotation, osu! only supports so many players in multiplayer. (8 or 10 I believe)

Well, we are still 9 and there are 10 slots in Osu! iirc.
Also, as I’ve said earlier, I am in. 'Cause the earlier it is, the easier it for me to get in.

Should still be good since it’s the weekend.

Yeah, we’re probably going to have a full room here with an additional player. Should we agree on a set of beatmaps to download beforehand so that no one gets caught off guard by slow internet and the likes?

Edit: Actually, as of a fair few updates ago now, the maximum amount of players one can host in a room is 16. We’re still open for a lot of people. :haha:

1 Like

Good point. Anyone who wants to play will be able to list up to 10 beatmaps they like (providing a raw link to the download page) for anyone who won’t be able to quickly download them do so beforehand. I’ll copy all the links in the opening post. Those’ll be the ones we’ll play to start off and if necessary we’ll download an extra one or two on the go.

For newbies, the way beatmaps work in Osu is the following:

You go to the beatmap download page I linked on the opening post. At the top left there’s a search bar. The best you can do is to search for Beatmap name. It’ll look like this:

Once you’ve searched something, the result will be the following:

Make sure that you select Osu! as gamemode! You an also use other filters to do a better search. On the bottom part, you’ll have the results. There, if you click on the image you’ll be able to hear the song itself. There are also the difficulty levels that the song has. If you click on the beatmap name, you’ll be taken to the next page:

To download, just click on the giant “DOWNLOAD BEATMAP!” button. To add it to Osu!, simply double click the file that you’ll have downloaded. Note that you have different statistics for the beatmap itself, as well as a more detailed report of the difficulty level for the level you’ve selected. The most representative value is the “Star Difficulty”. 1 star is extremely easy, 2 stars is normal, 3 is tricky (specially for beginners), 4 is difficult, 5 requires quite some experience and anything above 6 is nuts.

However, the best indicator is trying the map for yourself!

Additional advice:

If your PC is a bit on the slow side, you can download the videoless versions of TV-sized beatmaps. It’ll show itself as a blue “without video” button next to the “download beatmap” one.

Furthermore, you can also head into Osu’s settings to try and turn off some graphic effects and adjust some settings. I recommend everyone gives it a shot and plays a bit before Saturday so that we encounter no technical difficulties that could’ve been prevented before. :lucky:

1 Like

Sounds fun, I might be able to join too if it’s 3-4 hours earlier (12:00-13:00 UTC). Still can’t play anything more than 3 stars tho…

Unfortunately moving the schedule 3 or 4 hours earlier is too much of a stretch as it will cause American members to be unable to play at all. Schedules will be different for the next big event to accommodate more people who were left out this time, so you can look forward to that.

To everyone assisting, make sure to submit your choice of beatmaps so that people with slower internet connection can download them beforehand!