Community Event: Osu! again

Not sure I even still have the authority around here to host one of these again, but I said I would host another one a long time ago, so I figured I should get off my butt and host one.

Since I bet there are a ton of new people here, I should probably give a quick introduction. My name is AngelofDeath720 or Ian, since some people around here don’t too much like the screen name. A long time ago I used to host a bunch of community events on here to help the people bond and be friends outside of just Key, should they so wish. For various reasons I haven’t been doing this lately and I don’t know if I’ll do it more after this, but since I said I would do this one I’m going to at least see how it goes.

If you haven’t played Osu! before this is what it looks like. It’s completely free and doesn’t require a gaming computer or anything, so almost everyone should be able to run it. Also, we tend to play really easy songs most of the time, so don’t think you’ll be excluded if you’re not very good.

Whether or not people actually come, I will be playing osu on December 20 at 3pm GMT.

5 Likes

count me in ^^
looking forward to this, since I couldn’t attend the last ~2 events due to schedule conflicts

1 Like

AWESOME! been waiting for OSU! event again :333333, I hope we get to play some hard songs too, because I love to find songs I cant play - it makes me “omg i gotta beat this”.
Im in! (thats what she said)

In my experience, there are 2 types of really hard songs on osu. “holy crap I can beat this if I practice” and “this is F***ing impossible, wtf?” … Needless to say I’ll be bringing a few of the latter, just for good measure.

True yet I had this “this is fucking impossible wtf?” and beat it anyway after practicing my reactions :o. Its just about improving myself imo, but yeah you are right. Definitely.

I’ve had this one song in the “this is impossible” category since my first week playing osu… 3 years later, I still can’t beat it… I can keep up now though! I just need to get better at streams before I can beat it. But yeah, there have been a lot that I once thought were impossible that I can now play with ease; it just takes a lot of practice.

1 Like

Alright guys, I’m even better since last time. I have a very special surprise for this event too, so look forwards to it!

2 Likes

Hoo boy this is gonna be a bit hard for me as I am currently using a trackball (ergonomic reasons) and don’t really have plans to get a mouse. But if I pick up a cheap one in time, perhaps I could join!

oh boy i cant wait to fail so many songs with everyone

Oh come on, we wont laugh at you (maybe).

Well if we have everyone we usually have then purple will already be better than quite a few people. Bear in mind that people like to join these osu events even though they don’t play usually.

I know bone, I do keep that in mind, and hey we we just want to have fun right? I was just teasing purple a bit :pp sry

I’m more just reassuring purple that it’ll be easier than he expects :stuck_out_tongue:

even though I am like shit, in normal osu, I’ll try to join you.

I guess time for me to practice being sucky again.

I’ll try to come if I remember, I used to be alright, I was able to clear most hards and very few insanes.

Sounds like fun. I’ll try to practice these coming days so I don’t look like a complete noob :smile:

I’m playing right now for a while if anyone wants to join. Remember that it’s tomorrow!

1 Like

Game is up, but we won’t be starting for another few minutes so people have time to join.

the name of the game is: “That One English Key Forum” osu event since I apparently don’t have permission to use the actual name anymore :wink:

Password is: key

if I have any of you as friends on osu I’ll probably send you an invite, but thats the information for anyone new.

I’ll also start up a skype call in our group if I can get that to work, so feel free to join that too

Event just ended. It was a lot of fun~! Thanks everyone for showing up.

And thank Aspi for singing for us all.

3 Likes