Community Event: Osu! again

(forgot to post this)

I’m glad to know that, despite me being a pretty terrible Osu player and struggling with a trackball the whole night, I was able to win at least one round:

イージーモードさいこう!

6 Likes

You were on a trackball!? That explains a lot.
And god, don’t remind me of that moment. Easy Mode Mockery doesn’t work that way!

All in all, the event was pretty fun, though. We should osu! more often~
(Also osu!mania is the best mode and I am amazed that none of you knew how to play it)

3 Likes

Yeah pretty sure I said that on the chat before we even started lol :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, was totally fun

I have been secretly practicing osu!mania because it is really fun. The only problem I have is that I cant coordinate my fingers they way I want to ;_;

Also I feel kind of ashamed being with that low score, all because I tried to act cool n stuff hurr durr and played everything with hard rock (the slower it is, the harder for me to play it - logic right?)

So I’ve been trying to think of other games we can play as a community, and one recently came to mind: 100% Orange Juice! It’s localised by Fruitbat Factory, who are made up of members of Team Fluffy who translated Little Busters into English including @Phlebas , so I think they deserve our support!

Not only that, but I think it’s the game is perfect for us. A quick a random 20-minute board game we can play over Skype, and at the moment you can get the game for $2.80 (or less in a 4-pack!). Only downside is the 4 player limit, but there’s no reason we can’t run multiple games concurrently and chat with each other on Skype!

What do you guys think?

1 Like

It’s cheap so I’d be up for it for sure. I’ll find it fun purely because it’s with you guys.

1 Like

So basically its something like a magic the gathering but only in anime style + that you are moving around the field right? It seems fun tho, but I think for truly mastering such a game and be good at it we need some practice first. But as an idea its really good + its pretty cheap so i dont think price is a problem.

It ain’t not cardboard crack that’s for sure. If you ever played one of those Asian Monopoly with weird combat systems or quirky power up effects this is a toned down version of it. I played one where I got to nuke the whole board for all my money and everyone ended up in the hospital for 10 turns, it smelled like… victory.(not in 100% Orange Juice!)

1 Like

Yeah, don’t worry Ika, this game is super simple. It’ll take 15 minutes before you have the game down pat. You just roll dice to move around the board, landing on spaces, collecting powerup cards and progressing toward the victory condition as quickly as possible. It’s nothing really complicated, unlike some other Japanese board game video games :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice! Then Im totally in :3!

I’m up for it. Will probably buy it on the day of the event, if you ever do set one up

1 Like

Bought 100% OJ- Can’t run it until I get my new computer lol.
My only question: Number of players…? Looked like max was 4…? Idk lol. Multiple games in one call could get nutty and I doubt there’s spectating, but yeah I dunno

Yeah I’m totally up for this game but multiple games in one call does sound kinda of… dangerous

1 Like

Well imagining it, half of us would be silent and the other ones would go like “GET REKT OOOO DAYUM”… yeah that can be a problem :confused:

That’s reminded me of Board Game Online. Free browser game that’s full of funny references and stuff. Usually games are around an hour long, and the amount of spaces needed to move can be adjusted to extend or shorten this. Extend them stupidly far like I once did and you get a 6 hour board game…
You guys should totally play that one day. Always something to laugh about in it.

One of the current steam beta tests that you can opt into now allows your friends to watch you play a game; effectively streaming it like it was on twitch. we could possibly do a tournament and have everyone watch the game that’s currently being played. I’m still not a fan of making people buy a game, even if it is cheap, but I can still toss up some ideas if you really want to make it happen

2 Likes

mmmm yeah i like your idea with twitch - that is prolly the best idea if we make a tournament.

I don’t think we’re against gifting a copy to those who really want to play. I’d gift one of two if demand is high enough.

Already addressed. I understand your concern, but I don’t think that should deter us!

I’d totally get a copy, but I’m 8 pennies short. orz Ohgod don’t put a . after an orz I’ll go to the bank when it’s open next, but by then the sale will have stopped xAx

I’ll end up getting it anyway just to support the team.