CLANNAD - Yukine Miyazawa Route & Character Discussion

Character and route discussion thread for Yukine Miyazawa! Feel free to discuss any and all events that take place in regards to her and her coolness route. Please be sure to use the [spoiler] tag in the event of mentioning any other aspects of CLANNAD’s story. Her birthday is the 7th of August.

This topic also hosted CLANNAD Bookclub discussion from this post onward, and was referenced in our Yukine Route Podcast.

What would you rate this route?

0 voters

Anyone in this topic needs this song at all times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irvOeEnb5S0
No other character theme matters this much.

Probably one of my favorite routes. I don’t think her character was done full justice in the anime

I liked her character. Her route, not so much. In the VN it felt a little too long. At least the last scene made worth it <3

1 Like

Don’t know if I’ve ever said this on the forums before but I think Yukine’s route in the VN was utterly boring.

Anime did it pretty good justice, though! One of the very few examples where anime > VN

Oh yesss one of the best in the Clannad OST.

Oh yeah, I read somewhere that Yukine was supposed to be a main heroine, but was made into a sub-heroine along the line. Anybody have more info on this?

Yukine was my favorite Clannad girl until I found Kanako… Her route was so short though; I really wish they had put more time into it.

Side note: does anyone else notice some similarities between Yukine’s route in the anime and the fight arc from Tomoyo After? I always thought they were similar, but that may just be me…

I thought they were similar~ Weren’t they even set at the same place, on the bank next to the river? It’s been a while since I read TA, but I seem to remember something like that.
Kanako is one of my favorites from the Clannad universe~

I don’t remember much about Yukine’s story route but I remember liking it when I watched the anime. In fact, I think it was the only arc in the anime that I fully watched in one sitting. Yukine herself was very likable and that climax scene…just wow. When I saw that climax scene while I was in bed, I gasped cause I didn’t see it coming. If I recall correctly, I think Yukine’s story route was the first story route in the anime to introduce the light orbs. Also we cannot forget the combination of Sanae’s bread with Akiko’s jam.

Yeah, this song is amazing and one of the best in the OST. I love the combination of the piano, strings and synthesizers. :smiley:

@JDAM_Cid/ @Pepe
I tried to compress my thoughts to much and it was confusing. I think the anime doesn’t express the character as well as the VN, but the route itself was adapted very well and kept at a nice length.

[quote=“Pepe, post:5, topic:415”]
Oh yeah, I read somewhere that Yukine was supposed to be a main heroine, but was made into a sub-heroine along the line. Anybody have more info on this?
[/quote]Yes, that is why she is on the cover of the Regular Edition VN because she was originally a main and they were too lazy to redo it. According to script writers, she became a secondary because her story didn’t live up to their original expectations

1 Like

The reason I’m heartbroken by this- No Yukine poster in my Memorial Box. ;;

1 Like

Even though her route in the Visual Novel wasn’t told as well as the others, the interactions she had with Tomoya made her one of my favorite characters, I mean she’s just so cute! Haha I wish she was one of the main heroines ;-;

1 Like

That’s how I see it. She may not have ended up with a big route- But her character was wonderful and feels valuable to the Clannad experience. I don’t think there’s a character more worthy of being part of the main crew of heroines that isn’t one already.

Yukine is just so… Pleasant to be around. She has such a calming and welcoming aura.

4 Likes

Not to repeat what tons of people have already said, but Yukine has a very pleasant personality. That room she resided in at school was perfectly fitting for her. I bet everyone would want to have a Yukine-like person around ^^
Her route in the VN was indeed dull and uneventful if you consider its length. In the end, I don’t think she’s the type of character that is supposed to have a very dramatic and flashy route, but it still was kinda disappointing. I wanted MOAR Yukine ^^
The anime made it more exciting and I consider it a job well done.

3 Likes

Now that I have rewatched Yukine’s story arc, I can say that I liked Yukine a lot more than before (I liked her before too) and now she has become my third favorite girl in the series. I think Biz said it best when he said she’s a heartful kind-hearted sweetheart cause that’s what she is. She is very kind, friendly and sweet and you can’t help but feel happy whenever she’s around. Plus her story was really good and the climax shocked me back then and it still shocks me today. The music that plays when she’s around is fantastic and oh I just liked Yukine a lot. Nothing more needs to be said. <3

Yes that’s true. She was supposed to be the sixth heroine (one of the Clannad game covers shows this PS2 I think) but the creators thought her story didn’t live up to high standards…labeling it as just “heartwarming” instead of powerful, emotional tearjerkers like Nagisa, Fuko…Kotomi…etc

no way! The gang wars thing was so dumb. Chilling in the reference room with Sunohara being an idiot is way better.

Yukine is my favourite character in Clannad. So perfect.

The gang thing did make sense though for what was shown. The most touching moment of her route in the anime, was when she started praying to her brother, then “Shining in the sky” started playing when the gang members put their hands together to join Yukine in praying. That was just beautiful imo

I personally liked the anime version of Miyazawa’s route better than the VN. The gang-war was really far-fetched but it was a nice shoutout to Tomoyo After imo

1 Like

Bookclub discussion begins from this post onward!