CLANNAD - Katsuki Shima Character Discussion

Character discussion topic for Katsuki Shima of CLANNAD. Please tag references to events outside of common and Misae’s route, as well as outside works with [spoiler] tags, with adequate context provided in parenthesis.

3 Likes

I LOVE the character design the anime gave him! It’s quite creative, considering he had none originally.

I have to admit, though, he annoyed me at times. I sympathize with him wanting to give Misae the best wish imaginable, but he’s terribly unhelpful in giving her any suggestions. Every time she tries to make a wish (flippant or otherwise), he seems to pressure her into deciding against it. Couldn’t he have done a better job of outlining exactly what it is he wants from her?

Otherwise, though, his awkward, earnest charm is highly endearing. I think he’s a solid example of a shy nice guy in Key. My only gripe is I wish there was a way to have more of his personality be apparent when he’s a cat. I understand it’s hard without dialogue, but he hardly shares any of his traits from the flashback, aside from his eternal devotion to Misae.

2 Likes