Civilization V!

I think I’ll stick to civ 5 because my computer probably would kill itself harder than it already is. Also I played with @ghagler the other day and I realized I can’t play maps bigger than standard. By late game my computer just can’t handle it and it runs ~0.1 frames per second. (It was large map size.)

Strategic view is laggy too?

Okay. So lets bring this topic up from the pit of Oblivion it fell into.
Seeing how people actually showing interest in playing a game or two…
I think that we should start discussing the actual time (and actual day) when we can play… I hope that we will, yeah.
I am in UTC+7 timezone, but I can find a time to play at pretty much anytime on the weekends (for now).
So… any ideas?

I’d like to play a game…

No really, I’d be down on weekends as just a scheduled thing if we can find a time.

Thought: if anyone has an old machine they can set up for it, we can play Pit Boss mode; asynchronous, anyone can take their turn whenever they’re free, and the turn ends when everyone has taken theirs. (Only strictly enforced turn orders are PvP wars, obviously.)

Do you happen to know of a way that notifies the player who doesn’t take their turn with something on discord? Like if someone forgets is the a thing that will remind them a few times?

It can send emails or Steam notifications!

Thats actually a good idea, but I don’t have a 2nd alive PC now, so I can’t set up a server. orz

Oooh. I may have something here. Let me see if I can’t get something set up tomorrow.

@Aspirety I wanna play too!

I like Civ V

1 Like

Count me in. A bit bored from playing Hearts of Iron IV.

So, @Aspirety, did you try what you wanted to?
I guess this weekend is impossible, but would be nice to decide thing before the next Saturday.

Hey remember when we all had scheduled games… Never. Well that doesn’t mean we still can’t do them! I’m bumping this thread to see if we can get some people for either Civ V or Civ VI. I’ll also add a doodle poll when I get home (if I can remember) and then maybe we can have a weekly session or something.

5 Likes

Well as you probably already know I’m up for this, should be fun! I don’t think I’m very good at Civ but I’ll try to put up a fight :haha:

This may have been overkill but it’s my first time using it. Here’s a doodle poll for Civ V only. I’ll probably make one for Civ VI later. I made the options into 2 hour block because its Civ. If the same bunch of people vote for a large block in succession then that would probably work out nicely seeing as Civ games aren’t the shortest things ever.

It’s been a while since I’ve played Civilization 5 (I only have Civ 5) but I’d like to test my skills with you. My main computer is still broken, but I think my notebook should run the game. I will have to download the game.

I’m down for Civ 6 whenever. New expansion coming out next week for it too; looks pretty great. Just let me know when the time sheet is out.

Well so far I only got responses from @JmTrad and @Realta… By the way you should get into our discord @JmTrad so we can play some time. You already have dango rank.

2 Likes

I already mentioned it in the game night discussion topic, but I’ll be away for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. The trip got delayed for a bit, but now we’re ready to leave so I won’t be able to play Civ anytime soon. I’m up for more games when I’m back though, and hopefully I’ll have improved too :yahaha:

1 Like

I do not know exactly how Discord works, I’ve never actually used it once, I have an account. I put my nick in the post, but it looks like I have not been accepted yet. I do not know if that’s why I put the nick in the wrong way or if they forgot me.

Edit: I finally was accepted! lol

2 Likes