Christmas Topic!

Dang, your whole post reminded me of the Christmas I spent alone in Japan :uee: I know how tough it is to spend such a holiday alone, so I am glad to see you made the most of it. More power to you!

1 Like

I had a really nice and quiet Christmas. It was just me, my husband, and our 2 dogs all day. We keep our celebration pretty small, but we are do decorate a bit. We are both into anime and video games, so that includes some of the Amibos getting Santa hats, and Nendos on the tree.

My favorite new Nendornment this year is Jack Frost. He got rereleased this year, and I was really happy I was able to buy one this round. He works particularly well on the tree. We also had a curious Isabelle watching over the gifts :slight_smile:

This year we started a new tradition of marking the gifts we got from each other as being from Fate’s Santa Alter.

For presents I got some Yuri on Ice stuff and a plushie Zorah Magdros from Monster Hunter! The Yuri on Ice art book is really cool - all of the colored art pieces also feature the under sketch! I wish more art books did that.

We got my dog Gilgamesh a plush piece of meat which he has been proudly prancing around the house with since.

Lancelot, my other dog got two pigs ears. He was only supposed to have one originally, but Gil was too busy protecting the fake meat to care about the real food.

We ended up playing a lot Smash during the rest of the day and then had a slow cooker beef roast for dinner.

Pleasant, calm and quiet :happy: which is everything I could want. We will be going to see each others families over the weekend for Christmas, which is a bit more chaotic - especially since I have a large extended family and the gatherings get pretty chaotic. But it will still be nice as this one of the few times of year I see some of them.

7 Likes

Hey! I see posts with photos and like, I only have a boring story to tell.

First off, december 25th and 26th have been very boring this year. I was with my family, got up early for breakfast, I was very tired. Early but very a lot of good food for lunch I headed to work on both if these days.

More interesting is Christmas Eve, which is traditional the one that is celebrated here.
It usually Hey! I see posts with photos and like, I only have a boring story to tell.

First off, december 25th and 26th have been very boring this year. I was with my family, got up early for breakfast, I was very tired. Early but very a lot of good food for lunch I headed to work on both if these days.

More interesting is Christmas Eve, which is the one celebrated here.
Not much was happening for a until about 4 pm, which is when my family went to church. I did not join them for that.
When everyone returned I was with my parents, my brother and my grandmother. We had a good feast, that’s about the same each year. A lot of fish on toast. I stuffed my belly a lot.
After that, it’s time for Bescherung, which is the german name for the gift giving. We usually start out with singing a few christmas songs, that my brother plays on the guitar and we sing.
We then exchange gifts. The biggest thing I got this time was a new chair for my room.
After that, my mom usually gets a board game that the 5 of us play for a bit in the night.
Which was a quiz game that also utilized google. It is called know! I think. That was fun. We played until about 11 pm and then my grandmother was driven home by my brother and I went to play some video games for the rest of the night.
Was a good night in general.

3 Likes

I guess I could say my Christmas went as a three-parter haha~
I spent my 24th/Christmas Eve with my dad’s side of the family, had some dinner and stuff.

Me and my cousin had a bit of a manga exchange/sharing session, had the chance to read his collection of RWBY manga while he had the chance to read some of my random manga (that I borrowed lol).

But that night was very stressful because it was also the very night I tried baking for the first time, and it was a complicated one at that. I tried baking choco cornets. (#japan)

For Christmas day, I went to my mom’s side of the family. Traveled to the province for that, but it was nice that I had time to sleep (during travels) after mixing family stuff with winter festival stuff.

And for the 26th, I hung out with my batchmate from school and one of my other cousins to a local anime convention! Perfect timing to spend the money I got from Christmas.

4 Likes

So after Christmas I also got a gift from @bionic when we were hanging out with our friends. This is not the Kaza secret santa though. Actually this wasn’t even a gift exchange, he just got us all stuff. So we were hanging out by the bonfire we made and we open up our gifts. The pictures were taken later since bonfire isn’t very easy lighting. So here’s my thought process.

(Actually idk what happened with this picture. There’s absolutely no reason why this was blurry.)
Oh it’s a Switch box. There’s no fricken way he got this for me. It’s heavy though so like what the hell even is this??

And so I open it and…

Lol wtf. So it’s apparently a Minecraft creeper onesie with a bag of water inside for weight to make it seem like it was a switch. We were sleeping over at our friend’s house so I got a chance to try it out and it was actually pretty comfy.

So anyways I finally got my Kaza secret santa gift. I was tracking it for like forever because I needed to get it before I went back to school. And so I opened it along with bionic again.

First was this Nagisa pillow.

I don’t actually know what people do with these things cuz it’s kinda very small… I like it though!

The second was this Yumemi art!

I believe this is the official art from the anime which I really enjoy. I’ll probably find a place to put this in my room somewhere. So yeah, thank you secret santa! I don’t really have an idea who to guess because the package was from a Japanese retailer so it doesn’t really have a trace of the actual purchaser.

5 Likes

That’s a signed shikishi! I wonder whose autograph it is??

1 Like

Komatsu E-ji

3 Likes

My secret santa goods arrived! We have an awesome Kyousuke ‘Mission Start!’ mug, a Mio glass, a Kyousuke fan, a Mio plush, little Mio and Shiori figurines, and an Index clear file! Thank you so much to whoever prepared this package, they’re awesome! :heart:

6 Likes