Charlotte - Yuu Otosaka Character Discussion

Re: Nao x Yuu: I definitely don’t feel any romantic tension between the two of them as of now, coming from Yuu’s side especially. However, and this is speaking from experience, people who are teased as “going well together” have a higher chance of actually getting together. Despite neither of them being interested in each other previously, as long as one of them is interested in a romantic relationship in general (which we know Yuu is), it’d get them to start thinking, and start being more interested…

Not sure if he has the chance to think of that from here on out, though.

I really don’t feel a romantic atmosphere in the show as a whole and feel any romance from this point on would feel forced. As much as I love romance in anime, some shows need it and others don’t, Charlotte is a perfect example of one that does not haha

1 Like

We’ve only seemed the first half of the show… The plots just begun… We don’t know what the future holds…

episode 7 PV spoiler Yuu is alive and seems to be together with that other group for a while. At least we see him in the car of the glasses guy, that was also shown in episode 6.

I have a theory that, if Yuu controls someone with powers (and maybe use the power) then he is able to use their ability. that way he could save himself using the powers from the flying guy in episode 5. I really can’t explain the blood in this case though

(Most recent Dengeki G - Maeda interview) Seems you were right about this, at least to an extent! Probably has something to do with Yuu “becoming a monster” as well.

1 Like

It’s really the only thing the narrative supported after all. What that entails, no clue. But that’s certainly something that might be interesting in later episodes.

So we now know that Yuu’s actual power is “Plunder” and the whole 5-second takeover thing is just a means to perform the plunder…

This now opens a whole can of worms worth talking about! Firstly, does he steal their powers entirely, or does he just gain the ability to use those powers? If he could actually steal those powers, that’d make Yuu a prettt god-like being in front of other power-users…

Secondly, this says a lot about how the powers work, I theorize. Since Yuu gets to see the perspective of another person, perhaps that’s all he needs to be able to use their powers. Perhaps the powers are tied into an ability holder’s perspective on the world entirely.

I have a lot more to discuss about Yuu from here on, but I’ll stop for now

1 Like

I think he steals the powers. As I pointed out the the episode 9 discussion we never see a power user even try to use their power after Yuu possessed them (Including the guy who can walk through walls who died because he didn’t) and Nao didn’t seem to want him to possess any of the council members (Yusa was only monster of the week he never possessed and she stopped him with Joujirou).

I would be incredibly surprised if this wasn’t the case. Also “Plunder” sounds a lot more like theft than an ability like “Copy” would.

So I guess that means that Yuu has the power of psychic photography, baseball, and flight now? I wonder if those are going to come up at any point…

I also wonder this. The OP has him and Nao falling similar to what it looked like when Yuu was in Saito’s body but who knows if that will actually happen or if it’s just a random OP thing.

1 Like

OTOSAKA BLOODLINE STRONK.

He steals them, that’s clear.

Now it makes sense why Nao had such a huge boner for him, that’s an amazing power for their line of work, why convince someone to stop using it when you can just steal the power and force them to stop?

She probably wanted to confirm he wouldn’t abuse that power by molding him how she wanted the entire time instead of just having him do that immediately.

You know it’s funny, I totally hold Nao in a similar light I’ve given @Bizkitdoh shit for doing with Yuri.

4 Likes

Now you’re getting it. The line of all powerful Maeda girls started with Kyousuke and will only grow!

Yuu is good, but NaoNao is great.

1 Like

>girls
>Kyousuke

Aaaaanyway…

It’d be weird that Nao told all the other power users to stop using their power even though she is completely aware that Yuu stole their powers away. Unless she was just using that as a ruse so that they won’t realize that their power is gone.

Oh hey, I guess that kind of answers the question “Why weren’t the other power users brought into Hoshi no Umi?”

NaoNao is a rusemaster, she’s gotta do that to trick Yuu too.

Even in the face of this, I still refuse putting Kyousuke and Yuri in the same bucket!

Skyhigh Saito is really going to be in for a surprise when he trips and falls off the edge of a cliff and only realizes he lost his power inches from the ground.

5 Likes

Saito’s power is going to play an important role in the climax, I can feel it.

The real question is… Is there any chance he can retain powers across the time leaps? If not memories, then why not powers?

Very interesting…I doubt it would work out that way, because I think our Yuu is still a different Yuu from the one in the other timeline, and the memories are merely an echo. A more likely scenario that I can see is that Yuu plunders the time leap power, then plunders a bunch of other powers and leaps back to before they were plundered, so he can retain the powers without the other person losing them.

This is assuming, of course, that he actually retained those memories and didn’t oh… I dunno… havesomeoneartificiallyimplantthemehem

(It seems like I’m the only one making a big deal out of these memories thing)

I’m just convinced that the explanation for why he has those memories will be unsatisfactory, or there won’t be one. Key magic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like