Charlotte - Sala Shane Character Discussion

Here we are with another character discussion topic, this time for the lead vocalist of ZHIEND, Sala Shane! What do you think of our blind star?

All Charlotte information may be discussed in this topic without spoiler tags. However, references to important information from other Key series must be kept in spoiler tags, with context specified.

Not even blindness can contain our hype.

SALA IS ONII-CHAN.

“my little brother was held for ransom once”
SUSPICIOUSLY RANDOM, WHO IS THIS LITTLE BROTHER HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

“why does she feel so nostalgic”
I WONDER.

1 Like

She’s still a big mystery to us currently.
Well, I’m not certain, but I’m fairly sure she had a power once too.
I think it was kinda like how she is now, I just don’t kinda believe she is able to tell emotions and her surrounding atmosphere that well just by her instincts.
I believe she has a power comparable to a really light mind-reading or something.
And my theory is that because she overused her power or something, she might’ve lost her eyesight because of it, but was somehow able to keep a fraction of her power in return.
Or maybe it’s something completely different entirely.
Maybe she had/has a power that related to her getting successful.
I’m really interested in how all of this will line up and what/ what doesn’t get revealed in future episodes.

2 Likes

Dropping the bomb, (Angel Beats spoilers) she is Iwasawa reincarnated after she got saved in Angel Beats.

Haven’t even seen the episode yet, but based off of the picture alone I can totally see that, also based off of the style of Zheind’s music. Girldemo music was very poppy but I have a feeling she wanted to do something a bit more raw.

oh boy, sorry forgot about spoiler tagging the AB spoilers. more AB spoilers Remember “My Song” the song she did sing when she disappered? That one was more like the music ZHIEND is doing.

That’s a good point, though another notable difference is that Iwasawa has a very clean and also poppy voice while the lead in Zhiend has a very raw and imperfect voice, then again if she is theoretically a reincarnation not everything would be the same

yeah, for example (Angel Beats spoilers, kinda) Iwasawa also has a different eye color than Sala

“I cheated.”

What could she mean by that? Moments before she talks about how “her life was already beyond hope before she knew it, and she couldn’t grant herself that dream.” But then she somehow became a massively popular star anyways? And then became a star for a totally unpopular band instead?

Did she get a power to change things to her advantage, or meet someone with such a power? Could even be that she’s the one who has (or had) the fabled Time Leap power and abused it to get things rolling her way. Maybe she even undid her popularity that way.

1 Like

This character is Jun Maeda. Would marry.

2 Likes

I was thinking something similar. The “I cheated” line was vague and cryptic and certainly sounds like it could be related to the powers.

Sala is a really fun character. Just the right balance of craziness and kindness to be interesting and appealing to the audience.

Unfortunately for the series, I got way too invested in her back story, and would feel really bad if we end up not learning the truth to her own story. Either she becomes a bigger part of the main plot in the future, or it’ll simply leave a bad taste in my mouth

1 Like

I disagree, I think it would be better if she drifted out of the series. Much of the conflict in the series comes from characters not being honest with their feelings, and Sala is so incredibly empathic that it basically derails the angst. It’s fine to have her show up here to push Yuu’s development and the plot forward a bit, but if she was around too much it would get weird.

We don’t necessarily need to have her there; I would just appreciate learning more about that backstory that she had been so vague about.

I’m fine with it being left a little vague, but maybe we’ll get a little more info from Nao’s brother if he makes a full recovery?

I’m hoping he’ll become a central character. It should also be interesting to see how Nao is affected as a character if he is around.

I’m so certain she’s related to Iwasawa somehow. She is obviously not the same character as i first theorized, but she is obviously closely related. Not only is she physically similar, she also have the same voice for when she sings. My guts tell me there will be some kind of connection between Charlotte and AB! I don’t know what yet, but Sala just reinforced my conviction.

same voice for talking too. Sala appears to be from North America though (Or somewhere else where English is a main language) due to her not only singing in English but being introduced speaking in English and apparently having issues with Japanese culture “Can I send smoke to your sister?”.

1 Like

I believe that ZHIEND is from the UK, making Sala british?

Her English sure doesn’t sound british, nor american :stuck_out_tongue:

They are? I thought I read they were an American band. Guess I misread or it was a mistranslation.