Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Cool picture! Can’t wait.

https://www.facebook.com/vnkeyfanclub/photos/a.332948670108746.73871.332505390153074/868598726543735/?type=1&permPage=1 So this is interesting, and says some things that I haven’t heard of before.

@minatahatsune, maybe you can shed some light on this.

This is a photo of Episode 6’s script? Where did it come from? Where did you hear that the second half of the series is going to see a change in atmosphere to a lot more serious? Would this confirm that Charlotte is going to be 1cour? I’m very eager to learn more!

It was posted on the official Charlotte twitter. https://twitter.com/Charlotte_AB_/status/608309837865230336

1 Like

For “Where did it come from”, Rincchi answered below.
I’m not sure how much cour of this series. But Maeda Jun revealed that “second half of the series is going to see a change in atmosphere to a lot more serious” in the first interview about Charlotte on Dengeki G’s Magazine.

MISA AWAKENS. Clearly.

I don’t remember this… Does anyone else here?

Yes, I definitely remember that. It was something along the lines of: “The series will start off slow to build characters, and then speed up and grow more serious during the second half.”

2 Likes

Woooooaaaaah that looks amazing~ Thanks P.A. Works~ *_*

I saw the picture on twitter, as was said earlier, but they made absolutely no mention of this episode having change in atmosphere. So I guess this doesn’t necessarily confirm that Charlotte will be 1-cour XD

Sure. My comment on Facebook link just a “funny conjecture”, due the red color of script cover makes me think about blood, and because of the interview as said above which was confirmed by Yerian.

That looks awesome, I want to make that into a wallpaper somehow, but… [activate thinking pose] this is gonna be difficult

Thank God. Hope it’s 3 cour.

What if they do it like Drrr x2 and have it 3 cour over 5 seasons? That’d be a disaster! D:

Why? I see no problem with it. And if it’s like this it’s 3 seasons, cour is like a consecutive season.

[quote=“sillylittlemelody, post:541, topic:728”]
Why? I see no problem with it. And if it’s like this it’s 3 seasons, cour is like a consecutive season.
[/quote]Having to wait between the 3 single cours kills me, even the one season break UBW did was torture^^
If it was a consecutive season it’d be alright of course, but generally I think 3 cour would actually be too long, except if they come up with tons of good content without stretching it out for too long, then I won’t complain :3

Hey, does anyone remember when they teased Charlotte with some… VN-looking background CGs of the Charlotte School? I think it was in Degeki G’s or something. Did we ever receive clean versions of those images, or were they always obscured?

I only remember the ones covered with text and stuff :confused:

Also, split cour shows are the bane of my existence. If Charlotte ends up being split cour I will refuse to watch it until it’s finished airing.

You understand my pain! :smiley:

Dear Lord, don’t you guys have patience? It’s the same thing of all animes that get second season (those are actually worse, you pass a lot of time without knowing if a second season will happen, and it’s mostly just after 2 years)

And it’s the same thing of western tv series (Sherlock will just have 4th season after 3 years from the 3rd one, :P)

Well I know this isn’t a for sure way of confirming but looking at PA Works past they’ve never done longer than 2 cour and the majority of their catalog is 1 cour. Not saying that confirms anything but I very much doubt this will be 3 cour.

Don’t a lot of shows not say until it’s a decent way in? The two split-cour shows I actually know about how they worked were Selector WIXROSS and idolM@ster Cinderella Girls. For Selector Infected WIXROSS it seemed just like a 1 cour show until the final episode ended with “to be continue in Selector Spread WIXROSS” or something like that which aired after a season break. idolM@ster had 26 episodes listed on the blu-rays then the week episode 11 aired (I think it was 11) it suddenly became a split-cour.

P.A. Works = money
Key = MONEY MONEY
Key + P.A. Works = LOTS OF MONEY

If PA Works can make a risky original anime 2 cour (NNA), there’s nothing absurd on concluding it could make a non-risky and with a high chance of success anime 3 cour.