Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Edit because I misunderstood your post >_<

Anyways, the reason why we mention the control is because the role of the student council is to monitor and help other students who can’t control their powers. So the main 4, it might be less of an issue. but for other students, it becomes a bigger issue

ok thanks, I guess I misunderstood too as I thought the posts were referring specifically to the main 4.

http://charlotte-anime.jp/ heeeey updated websites with character info and new key visual! They’re making the superpowers a public knowledge thing now :wink:

Aaaaand both versions of the interview are now up on the website :smiley: http://charlotte-anime.jp/special/

2 Likes

I would say the draft’s notes give some interesting insight but then they seem to keep saying maybe/perhaps so I’m not sure if they actually meant it or not.
For example : “The school seem to be surrounded by mountain,giving the impression that it was placed far away from the urban/city.Perhaps those with ability are secret matters,making the place isolated.”

1 Like

I will continue my theory that these people are being kept here away from society and that the idea that it’s ‘for their good’ is a ruse and the idea that they’re protecting society from danger- The people with powers- Is the actual purpose of this school. They’re being monitored and isolated because the world is scared of them.

What better a way to collect them than to trick the kids themselves into thinking it’s for their benefit and working to find more themselves? Normal people don’t want to get close to them. If another kid with powers gets into a tight spot getting a kid with powers- So what, no ‘normal’ life lost.

2 Likes

Interesting. The same happened when talking about Yusa’s power. “Yusa is understood to be a medium- Seemingly capable or channeling and/or conversing with the dead.”

1 Like

I guess I’ll chime in with what I said on the skype chat.
If this thing is gonna be 13 episodes, then I think they’ll make it a simple story about the everyday problems that these students encounter and the drama that occurs from having these powers

If it’s gonna be 26 episodes, then that’ll be too long for simple everyday problems, so yeah, I can totally see that happening.

It would be nice to see that sort of thing, definitely! But I wouldn’t want it to balloon into a long shounen manga-ey sort of thing where they have an overarching quest with numerous sidestories in between ^_^;

1 Like

I definitely agree with @Bizkitdoh on this one; thats pretty much the feeling I get from this whole thing.

[quote=“Pepe, post:267, topic:728”]
If this thing is gonna be 13 episodes, then I think they’ll make it a simple story about the everyday problems that these students encounter and the drama that occurs from having these powers
[/quote] But no matter what it is, I somehow doubt it will be as simple as this. Thats just not how Maeda rolls. Theres always some overarching plot line, some deeper meaning, some hidden twist. At least, I hope it won’t be as simple as that. I really enjoy those parts of Maeda’s stories.

2 Likes

I found out randomly that Maeda has these radio podcasty things on the Charlotte website, and one of them has WHO I THINK is Riya.

RIYA IS YUSA?! Speculation.
Love Song 2 confirmed.

1 Like

Am I the only one who think the the camera was not all with bad intention ? ^^"
It seems like this is a newly established school so maybe it there for precaution and as the note said maybe it’s used to monitor and prevent trouble-maker,probably like those who have the tendency to cheat during exams.

Beside,why would they bother to create a student council to help the students?
It would be faster to just put explosive collars on them then throw them on an island and have them fight in death matches.

1 Like

Hahaha that makes a good point, even though it was made in jest xD

I think it’s more we’re saying what we want to see because, well, it’s an interesting social aspect of having powers. Like you said, they probably don’t have any bad intents towards it though it would make the story more interesting if it did!
I still expect it to play a role in Nao’s drama simply because of the first visual that had the camera pointed at her but didn’t show her in the viewfinder XD If she somehow becomes invisible to cameras, that would mean something in the story later on, I think!

To use them because they’re lazy and don’t want to touch those freaks with 10 foot poles.

We already got that it was called Owari no Hoshi.

1 Like

No that was Yanagi Nagi though.

In the radio podcast I’m sure Maeda and the other guys talked a lot of names. I remember they were talking about Sakamoto Maaya and Makino Yui particularly they are both excellent voice actress and singer, plus the latter even compose music as well. (They were like, so amazed with their multi-talents.) Maybe we’ll have them. Maybe not.

About Love Song album though… That is really one underrated album, but I’m pretty sure the yanaginagi one (Owari no Hoshi no Love Song) is Love Song 2 (because when the website launched I was wondering why they wrote all the links as lovesong2 - that was before I know that particular Love Song album by Riya)

Now back to topic: I love Tomori’s expressions. I love how she smiles. She’s expressive and how she pats on Ayumi’s head. Damn cute.

1 Like

This so much. I’m glad she isn’t going to be a Kanade clone

The note for baseball field is such a tease,it’s like they are saying “Hey! Baseball field in Maeda’s work! You know what to expect right ? Although we still not sure if it will actually happen but we already know it gonna be TOTALLY FUN with all those perky abilities” LOL

Hmm it said in the scan that Tomori seems to get the student president role because of her power,I wonder why.

Hmmm now that you mention it… XD

Then again Angel Beats had a baseball field and we all know how that turne…
oh wait…
episode 10…

RIP

Because she needs to be sneaky sneaky to monitor the other students. Which means they want her to monitor the other students. Which means… Oh god it could mean so much x.x

I doubt it will be only 13 episodes, as Maeda said he didn’t want to commit the same mistake of Angel Beats! 26 is good, but I think it could be even longer. CLANNAD had almost 50 episodes counting the 2 seasons and OVA, and Little Busters!, 47 (counting Refrain, EX and the OVA).
You can argue that they were wonderfully popular VNs so they could afford an adaptation that big.
But there’s a lot of original animes that have 26 episodes, and they aren’t created by someone famous like Jun Maeda. So if an anime like this can have 26 ep, why “Charlotte”, that’s created by Jun Maeda and Key can’t have more than that?

1 Like

The mistake wasn’t the episode count, it was the overall direction and the way in which episodes were treated.

5 Likes