Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Well uhhhh

I’m fairly confident that a good number of them aren’t in control of their powers just yet

Isn’t it obvious? Superpowers are an analogy for puberty. It’s a story of youth, and the rough transition into adult society.

1 Like

I like that idea but it might not be as relatable if they use superpowers to represent their transition into adult society?

It totally will.
Self-consciousness
Cheating and struggling to understand others
Identity crisis’ and loss of loved ones
Reckless behavior that leads to self-harm

4 Likes

Fair enough. Okay, so I guess the transition from youth to adulthood seems to be the most plausible theme as of now~ Hmmmmm~~~

Charlotte site was updated.
Profiles for Yuu and Nao were added and also new interview with Maeda.

2 Likes

Well, it seems plausible, but… Childhood, adolescence, growing up… This is the same theme of Little Busters! I don’t think they will repeat it.

The fact that this and Angel Beats! are marketed together still weirds me out.

I think that it’s really just them being lazy lol

Y U S A I S Y U S A S S I S T E R

Prove me wrong.

Scans are in ~

5 Likes

Yeah Jojiro totally looks like Takamatsu, geez

I’m gonna be stupid here, pointing out pointless stuff and such.

The website has character page now, and Otosaka Yuu’s name has kanji 乙 in red.
乙 according to dictionary means “the latter”, “duplicate”, “strange” and “witty”.
Tomori Nao, has kanji 友 in red. 友 means “friend”

But it could be nothing, really.

1 Like

Oh Jojirou is like Takamatsu’s younger brother. Both of them have the same hairstyle btw.

I thought Nao would be stoic like Kanade but her personality seems more like Saya’s or Sasami’s.

1 Like

Just like how Yusa’s sister is AB Yusa!
Jury is out on who Yu and Nao-Nao are related too though.

2 Likes

You might also want to know that part of their names are based around Yokohama baseball team player’s names,Maeda’s fav baseball team.
Now you know why Key so obsessed with baseball.

And it kinda amused me that Yusa doesn’t even know about her ability.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say Key is obsessed with Baseball so much as Maeda is.
The man isn’t one for Subtlety.

Nao’s expressions are similars with Yuri, so she can be Yuri’s sist… no… wait… her siblings are dead… I don’t know…

Yu should be only child.

They’re all the descendants of Yuuichi :stuck_out_tongue: Or something like that. He was a stud after all

But yeah, how funny would it be if these characters actually had some relation to the AB characters. That would imply that special abilities exist in the AB pre-afterlife (pre… after… geez)

We have the hair colours of Sayuri and (VN)Mai, but jet black and orange ain’t coming from Yuuichi’s harem.
I mean, there iiiiiiiis an orange in there, but, ya knoooooooow.

1 Like