Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

I don’t see anything wrong with that 8D

Is the PV already up? 6 hours ago twitter said it would broadcast Friday 24:30. But it’s already Friday 4:30…

When they said Friday at 24:30, thats mean 0:30 Saturday XD

1 Like

Oh yeah there was supposed to be a new PV today. Gonna be hype for that~~~

5 Likes

Well now, that’s a lot earlier than the scheduled release :stuck_out_tongue: Haha thanks!

I definitely can’t understand anything, but I guess the first part is introducing Yuu joining the student council and the rest of the members but… I can’t get anything else past that :frowning: My limited knowledge in JP is haunting me T_T

But maaaaaan that Naonao kick! Holyyyy shit.

And maaaaaan that Bravely You sample! I was literally shaking hearing it for the first time :smiley: HYYYYYYYPPPPPEEEEEEEE

EDIT: Alright so after watching the PV and analyzing it a bit, I’m more and more tempted to think that there’s something up with Yuu’s “identity”. He keeps referring to himself questioning his own identity. Like, he seems to feel that his body is not his own. It makes me start to think that Yuu is somehow connected to some other person, who holds Yuu’s true identity. Like his mind was somehow transplanted into the body of another person (whom he now occupies). And that other person may be holding Yuu’s true body.

However that theory may see many flaws that we don’t know quite yet. Naturally his own family (or, at least, his sister) would have been able to see through that facade somehow?

There’s definitely not enough information to confirm it, but I definitely have a feeling about Yuu’s personal identity crisis being more than just him thinking of it because of his own ability. There’s something up with that, and I’m calling it.

Hyyyyype! That chilling “And then, a new everyday began” just as the music cuts out. It also sounds like they’re in a really dangerous situation from what little I can understand of the dialogue in the Bravely You segment. I want to see it so baaad XD

1 Like

Some infos gathered from 2ch :
・能力は歳をとるとやがて消える
・主人公と妹には両親がいない
・昔は能力者たちは脳科学者たちのモルモットにされていた
・能力を悪用してるやつを脅すために友利たち生徒会は活動してる

Thanks for translating :V

I though it was pretty easy to understand with google trans and ANN should have done translating the PV by now :V

Well it said their abilities will disappear when they get older and those with abilities were being used as brain test subject in the past (and obviously still happening now).

4 Likes

Having this info really makes me hope for somebody to translate the PV soon T_T I tried, really I did, but I could only understand half of the dialogue. But yeah, thanks for that info. It does make me wonder what exactly these abilities are

Early leak ~

4 Likes

Something about them appearing in Ep1 and the right one has Rin’s VA?

I think the black-haired girl is one of Yuu’s fangirls or something.

I guess first leak of the side characters, then. They did say that there’d be a lot of them. I’m guessing something will happen to either of them that will somehow convince Yuu to join the student council. If the last PV was any indication, it’d be to Yumi)

The girl on the left is Shirayanagi Yumi voiced by Mai Nakahara.
The Madonna of Hinomori High School. The kind of girl who blushes just by talking to the opposite gender.

The girl on the right is Mishima voiced by Tomoe Tamiyasu YA HEAR ME! IT’S TOMOE TAMIYASUUUUUUU
Yumi’s friend, despite of being a contrast on each other. Seems to be a childish genki girl. Nickname is Micchan.

By the way, it does seem that Yuu was a student of Hinomori. And the high school is a complete opposite. Hinomori (Forest of Sunshine) and Hoshinoumi (Sea of Stars).

1 Like

Awwww why did I not bother looking up that Kanji! Nakahara Maaaaaai (AKA Nagisa from Clannad)

It’s gonna be a pain to hear her when something bad happens to her ;_; ehem

… that just made me realize something and I am a horrible fan of this series for only realizing it now. Don’t mind me, I’m just an idiot~

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first character of the day! I’m speculating for at least the first few episodes, each will see a new character introduced with a problem that our student council have to solve. That is their job after all, helping those with powers safe, and keep them from putting anyone else in danger. Yumi here is their first case, Mishima is probably just there to support her.

1 Like

I can’t be too sure about that. Yumi and Mishima are both wearing uniforms not from Hoshi no Umi, but from Hi no Mori, so that doesn’t guarantee yet that they are under the jurisdiction of Nao’s Student Council

We know that the student council’s jurisdiction isn’t limited to the school. They’re like a little group of vigilantes in the town.