Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Awww man that anime art looks so bad =3= P.A. Works usually makes better character art than this =/

But it was all as I suspected! The Key Set calendar tells no lies!

Tomori looks muuuuch more mature in this art.

So, where are they getting this information from anyway? Is this source reliable?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/27/staff-and-schedule-for-charlotte-anime-updated
I just saw this today and yeah it is reliable.

1 Like

I think it’s looking pretty good… although Na-Ga’s version is much much much better (no sh*t)
I really can’t wait to see the jerky protag in action.

Well hey actual info! Now if only crunchyroll wasn’t blocked in Japan xP

But yeah, I was waiting around for more info. Like, okay, sure, it releases in July, but there must be more to that. I am assuming this is in the Dengeki G’s magazine which shouldn’t even be out until Monday.

EDIT: Used a proxy and it just says the same stuff in a much fancier way. There’s gotta be more to this article and I am just aching to find out what else there is >.<

Hey everyone, I updated the top post to be up-to-date with what we currently know of Charlotte! While doing research, I came across an interesting tidbit, loosely translated from: http://charlotte-anime.jp/story/

So it looks like it won’t be just a drama story of the people in the situation, but they will genuinely be looking into the concept of these abilities.

Heck, this changes everything! I need this to be 2-cour now!

5 Likes

Everything up to this point suggests 2 cour. Have faith!
And thank you so much for taking the time to do this! We need to share it around now.

1 Like

9 Likes

…I think what Zak meant to say is that Dengeki G’s magazine is out now, and here’s a punch of photos of the Charlotte character designs!

I’ve also seen some photos of the 4koma floating around.

2 Likes

Awwwww man smug face Nao-nao is the bestest~ Hyyyyype XD

I see so many… expressions.

What’s up with that Joujirou creepy blush? Is he… that?
Otosaka’s jerkiness is 1000% confirmed jerk.
Nao has the most colorful range of expression. Love it!

2 Likes

He’s probably watching Yusa perform or something… probably…

Does seem like a creeper, yeah. Like a creepy fanboy… HOW CAN I SHIP THEM WHEN HE HAS THAT EXPRESSION DX<

It’s interesting how expressive Nao-Nao is in various concepty sketches but always completely lacks an expression in all the big artworks.

3 Likes

Well she is smiling in the latest big artworks, so that’s a thing

http://charlotte-anime.jp/ Hoooly shit everyone, looks like some sort of bomb is going to drop. It’s in 2 hours, and it seems to reference hikikomori and the comeback of something… BUT WTF IS UP WITH THAT BLOODY HANDYCAM

So yeah, this is the website update that I was talking about in the article: http://kazamatsuri.org/everything-we-know-about-charlotte/

1 Like

Holy mackerel maaan, is this just an April’s fools joke they always come up with, or does Hikikomori no Uta actually have something to do with Charlotte… Or Key will turn Higurashi mode or something…

Either way I’m gonna stay up until the clock hit 1 April in Japan.

If you haven’t been following, Key’s idea of “April Fools” is an excuse to reveal crazy news that will actually happen. Whether or not it’s a joke, I am surely excited for this

No, their announcement on April Fools is not always happening.

Take Rewrite for example. They announced Rewrite on 2008 April Fools. Turned out it’s real.

Later they made this announcement on 2010

making Rewrite into “Sexy!” a.k.a. Ekusutashiiii or R-18

But one year later they published Rewrite anime OP, which turned out really used for Rewrite VN.

So it could be real, it could be not real. Let’s just wait, it’s not that long anymore.

I did not know about that one. Looks like I’m the one who wasn’t following as well as you were; I apologize ^_^;;;

I’m currently reading and re-reading info about Charlotte… And I can’t help but to feel that there’s a connection between Charlotte and AB. — From a commercial point of view, it would make sense I guess. New (huge) VN and Charlotte anime… (angel beats spoiler) it may be something different tan AB, but it looks like it might be a computer generated simulation thing (ala AB). Supernatural powers might mean “powers” like in AB… and the blood they’ve included right now on their website might hint that there would be “deads”… but in Key’s style (again, ala Angel Beats!).

Besides, why Jun Maeda’s song along with the AB ad on the video?

Finally, I feel that hikikomori would definetly be one of the major topic / metaphor in Charlotte’s story.

1 Like