Charlotte - Episode 6 "Happy You Did Not Notice"

I for one was more creeped out by the guy than the girl with the box cutter, which aren’t particularly effective as weapons btw.

3 Likes

MAEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Loli was predictable, Yuu wasn’t. Yo, the “I’M TOO LATE” girl is probably from the group of people in the OP, no?

1 Like

For Ayumi this makes more sense than the powers being based off personality (at least based on what we’ve seen of her so far), but for the other characters I still think it makes more sense for the powers to be from their desires. Nao wanted to disappear, Yusa wanted to see her sister again, I think Yu wanted to understand why he is himself and why people are different. We don’t know much about Joujirou, but his power would fit a desire to run away perfectly. Ayumi’s power just feels really out of place, although I have one loose theory.

Ayumi seems (seemed?) to love (have loved?) space and stars. Maybe she wants (wanted?) to leave Earth and experience having no ground beneath her feet, which kind of works with collapsing the ground. Sort of.

On another note, I’m not sure if Nao pushed Joujirou out of the window before Yu could control him to foreshadow something about his power or so Joujirou could talk about how calculating Nao actually is. I hope it was the former and it wasn’t just some minor information about Nao that we already assumed.

Water-guy at the end was kind of surpirsing, I actually hope he will play a larger part in the second half. At the moment he kind of feels like a Deus ex Machina provider just to advance the plot. If powers are based of future need for them like @Kotarou speculated then that would make some sense, but if they are based off of desires, then I have no idea what his could be.

Anyway, about that cliffhanger… shakes fist MAEEEDAAAAAAA!!!

Anyone notice its main website background is changed?

Edit: wow autoupload to cdn/internal assets is cool, but here is the original URL

http://charlotte-anime.jp/assets/img/top/kv_01.jpg
http://charlotte-anime.jp/assets/img/top/kv_02.jpg
http://charlotte-anime.jp/assets/img/top/kv_03.jpg
http://charlotte-anime.jp/assets/img/top/kv_04.jpg

Perhaps, before the next episode airing, we can simply bruteforce for the 05 filename : p

2 Likes

Finally, something else happend!

My view on Charlotte on the last 3 episodes was “Yuu eats breakfast! Yuu goes too school! Yuu then goes to the student council and helps out to stop a guy from using super powers! Yuu then goes home and eats dinner with his sister!” and then the episode ends…

But this is THEE episode then shit gets good and real and hits the fan!
And because of that cliffhanger in the end (MAEEEEEDDDDAAAAA!!!), I’m really excited for the next episode!

Pizza Sauce

1 Like

Welp this is key, you ride the roller coaster up and you ride it down. Next episode I feel is going to reveal a ton of stuff, Honestly I don’t even want to try to speculate what will or won’t happen.

1 Like

Tha blood at the end @_@

A Yandere with any sort of weapon is effective. And the guy ? Oikawa ? I found him nice, he was just "thirsty’ for Ayumi somewhat. Not his fault he loves loli’s.

Tip: If someone can’t take no for an answer, that’s not nice, that’s a wanker. If they’re continuing to harass someone, that’s a stalker.

3 Likes

Thirsty, stalker, same thing. :joy::joy::joy: In the end, he plays a part in Ayumi’s death.

You complain about no cliffhangers and this is what we get…

Wonder if the new girl is connected to the benefactor in anyway or if there’s another faction.

Yeah, not a fan of out-of-nowhere crazy yandere; felt terribly generic.

That said, I liked the tension of this episode, and at some point I started to wonder if Ayu had instead an ability to see the future where her dreams were trying to warn her that someone with the “collapse” ability would do something to her.
…welp, I guess I’m reading too much CLAMP.

I’m quite amused by my twitter feed right now. Key works usually get people with the Feels stuff, but I think this is the first time they leave people shocked with a brutal twist.

1 Like

That tone shift though. Excellent. And while cliche, goddamn I love rain and how it alters the color palette. The whole second half of this episode was very, very visually pleasing.

All in all, me likey.

3 Likes

With how Nao was acting, it’s possible she knows of a link between dreams and powers being granted.

I think Nao was acting based on intuition more than anything tbh. Nut I recall Ayu talking about dreams with that guy that is supposed to be their lost brother in the first episode, so who knows.

There’s also a chance of someone trying to get thorugh the characters via dreams; Yuu had a dream with the supposed brother when he fell asleep listening to ZHIEND as well.

Might as well post my thoughts before reading all the other discussion, since there’s a lot of it.

It’s interesting how very in-sync Yuu and Nao are; and this isn’t only referring to them saying the same stuff while Ayu is teasing them. They both thought that bringing Joujirou along would be a bad idea, and I definitely saw some of Yuu’s episode 1 personality when he tried to possess Joujirou… buuut Nao took hold and kicked him off herself. That was actually minus points for Nao in my book :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m already liking Nomura more than all the other side characters. She’s a bro! Oikawa, on the other hand, is pretty suspicious. Yandere girl is eh :stuck_out_tongue: Nothing more than a plot device, probably.

This episode was successful in making me like Ayu, though. When she’s not fawning over pizza sauce, she’s pretty fun. It’s really cute how she teases Yuu and Nao together, and she seems like she’d be pretty fun to hang out with too (and not as airheaded as Yusa, who is shown to be very similar to her). Though the whole “Wow she’s already on TV” thing was pretty stupid, heh.

Now let’s go straight into the meat of the story. We all know exactly what happened way until right before the credits scene. Although I guess it’s pretty obvious now that we have a third party involved, what with the orange-haired girl. A third party with a lot more power and influence than Hoshi no Umi in terms of dealing with ability holders. Definitely going to see more of them as we go on.

So then, what do I think happened? We don’t have much clues except for the appearance of Kumagami at the end but… my personal vibe is that I think that Joujirou saved Yuu at the end, and the blood we see there is that of Joujirou’s. I definitely have no proof towards this, but I feel it would make a much larger impact on the viewers if we have this innocent person, who has always been a bro, to be the one to be affected by all this. Also it does not make any sense if Joujirou didn’t do something after all that we’ve seen of him so far. He’s not that stupid.

Not saying that he’s dead or anything, but I propose that he will be involved in this accident more than just being a bystander.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about a third party. We’re already in the half of a 1-cour series so I worry about having too many characters sharing screentime.

Wait, I thought Ayumi’s power was jumping… ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[quote=“Yerian, post:17, topic:1694”]
TFW nothing happens to Ayumi at all and her cold is just a red herring :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
[/quote]Well waddaya know XP

Honestly… it wasnt as great as I was hoping. Not that it was bad in any sense. I mean, its pretty much because I already knew everything that was gonna happen. I already knew shit was gonna go down this episode. I already knew I had something to do with Ayumi. By the half-way point of the episode, I already knew that something bad was gonna happen with Ayumi’s power and Yandere chick. I immediately knew who the “Im too late” girl was.

So by the time the end rolled around, the concrete falling on Yuu was just like, umm… OK? Basically my mood and immersion were kinda ruined for me by the fact that despite shit going down in front of my face, it didnt feel like shit was going down. Even the ending credits I wasnt totally feeling it, and normally I love love love the just black with instrumental after something dramatic happens.

That said, the last 10 seconds: (b*–*b). Finally some shit I wasnt expecting.

As for if people died… this wouldnt be the first time Maeda had killed someone that I was 100% sure wasnt actually gonna die, so… who knows?

As usual with when Im feeling this way about something like this, I’ll probably change my mind on somethings when I inevitably rewatch it.

EDIT: See, just sitting here thinking about it made me like a bit more already.

Ummm… wanna tell us what you do think it is…?

[quote=“Aegair, post:5, topic:1750”]
Tad interested about assumed scientist girl
[/quote]It was pretty obvious to me who she is:

At least I wasnt the only one. Their group obviously does either similar stuff or the opposite of what Nao’s group does. Thats why she was looking for Ayumi and was too late.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:7, topic:1750”]
it looks like we know what the red Charlotte visual was about.
[/quote]Wait, why? What do we know now…?

[quote=“Kotarou, post:24, topic:1750”]
I feel like this episode was in a visual novel format.
[/quote]Actually gotta agree with you in a sense. Not with what you’re predicting, but the general feeling. Definitely got huge (LB!) Rin2/Regret vibes there at the end.

[quote=“Kanon, post:27, topic:1750”]
Ha, I called it! I knew the cold was seriously just a cold and not dangerous at all!
[/quote]Nice try XD

1 Like

My actual worry is that with the entrance of another team, the other team might be cool as shit and get shafted by not enough time. That said if the writing can stay above water, it’ll at least be enjoyable- But I feel a lot of bitter-sweetness coming later on with these characters. Who knows.

1 Like

Super intense. If nobody died I’ll be very disappointed unless they give a REALLY good reason why.

1 Like