Charlotte - Episode 6 "Happy You Did Not Notice"

Goddamn Yanderes ruin everything!

Good episode though, they kept their promise of making shit get real at the halfway point

[quote=“Takafumi, post:7, topic:1750, full:true”]

I’m kinda glad the little sister is gone[/quote]

… You are a really cruel person, Sakagami…

But regarding the episode… Awesome! Very intense; the best so far! I wonder what happened to the siblings… And I hope both of them aren’t gone, because I really like them…

And it seems the orange-haired girl will play a major role. Look at this:

2 Likes

This episode… Such a cliffhanger :rage::rage::rage: WHAT HAPPENED ?! STUPID YANDERE GIRL. Ayumi’s powers should have been making people collapse. Make that YANDERE girl collapse.

I feel like this episode was in a visual novel format. As being the “Bad end” while the next episode resets, I’m basing that off of the credits, though I understand that if they played the normal ED, it wouldn’t have fit with what was happening.

Such an amazing episode ! Such a tragedy ! The middle school love though, lol, the guy likes Ayumi, the YANDERE likes the guy. The YANDERE hates Ayumi. Then there’s the blue haired girl who’s protecting Ayumi from the guy. The love story kinda reminded me of (GGO spoiler) Asada, Kirito, and Death gun’s brother

Sometimes, I wish Anime’s were real in life, so you could go hit those irritating anime characters, like the YANDERE.

Eh… There’s absolutely no reason for them to do that. Not even VN adaptations do that…

Nah, she needed to go so that we can get a proactive protag.

It’ll just continue like normal.

Some do. There are even manga and LN adaptations that do.

Ha, I called it! I knew the cold was seriously just a cold and not dangerous at all!

…oh, oooh…ooooooooooooh…

Ok well um, you know what lets ignore the Giraffe sleeping in the room for a sec.

YUSS MUH YUU/AYUMI RELATIONSHIP SO GOOD. Muh overprotectiveness, muh couple teasing. Whatever happens, I can be happy that at least one solid believable relationship was written into the series.
…Yuu is gonna fuckin’ SNAP. like ayumi’s spine

now then

I don’t understand why NaoNao didn’t just outright ask Ayumi to try and collapse something on a small scale, or even checking attendance records for the day too see who ELSE would have been in the building, she has never been this indirect or none thorough about her job before, it’s out of character, the only reason I can think to support why is respecting Yuu’s wishes to not give Ayumi more bananas than she needs.

Also, kind of a big deal, Saito basically confirmed last episode that personality powers, or at least powers linked to desires, so why the hell is Ayumi ‘Collapse’.

This episode absolutely lacks the writing quality of the last one, but definitely put all it’s points in a more raw emotion side of things, the tone shift was intense.

Nah man.
Clearly Yusa found her first.
It’s just residual nosebleed after the event.

8 Likes

You never know :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: But if you say so.

Also, there were visual novel adaptions that did do that…
It won’t be surprising if Charlotte does it too

I don’t know, she doesn’t seem like she works for the school how she kind of rushes in but would the guard let her in even if she’s from a different school? Unless you mean works for whoever the person Nao trusts. As @sillylittlemelody showed she’s probably the one the OP so she’ll probably be important now.

There have been but if they reset now would that fit with a twist that changes things up happens in the second half? Maeda also said this won’t be a VN and I think this would be the first Key anime to have a bad end (besides Operation High Tension) which would be weird if there’s no intentions to make it into a VN.

Uh… Episode 6 isn’t the end, ya know?

I think she fills a similar role, but with higher authority.

Context is important.

1 Like

@Kotarou was talking about how he thinks this is a bad end and I was saying, aside from the obvious joke in the Operation High Tension episode Key anime have never done a “bad end” and reset. While it could happen the fact Charlotte isn’t planned on being a VN makes me doubt it.

You know, I came in expecting SOMETHING bad to happen this episode, but I can’t say I saw any of that coming. The episode raised even more questions than I already had though, like:

1. If the powers are linked to personality, then why does Ayumi have such a dangerous one? Is there more to her than we’ve been led to believe?

2. Is water guy actually going to be a significant character?

3. What was that orange-haired girl doing at the end? Does she have a similar role to the student council, where she has to hunt down ability users?

4. They wouldn’t kill off important characters this early on, right? …Right?

Anyways, I’m going to be optimistic and assume that at least Yuu is going to make it out alright. It wouldn’t be too farfetched if Takajou used his ability to run in and grab him before the pillar fell on him or something. Still, though, this week’s wait os going to be an intense one for sure.

And hey, at least Key didn’t just go the “kill her with Key Aids” route like I thought they would. I mean, this was probably worse in the scheme of things, but at least it wasn’t typical Key in this case.

1 Like

Episode 6 is a perfect time to change the OP to one without imouto!

3 Likes

Maybe, I’m just speculating, but maybe that their powers come from the future that awaits them that has already been set ? For Ayumi, she had the collapse power, and it was used for her, during this scene, where she was about to die from the YANDERE girl. For Yusa, it was so she could connect with her sister (without realizing it). Maybe their powers come from the near-future, as in the future has already been set for them, so their powers come from that future, into their adolescence for their needs, to either change that future, or for personal needs, like Ayumi’s and Yu’s. I won’t go in depth for Yu or Nao, since this is Key, so I’m pretty sure they’ll have a much bigger role near the end. And also, when is this “After story/Refrain” arc coming ? I’m sure we’d have a little glimps of it on episode 6.

But anyways. Does anyone have an idea what the title means to the episode ? I find no relation.

1 Like

Supposedly it is better translated as ‘Happiness you did not notice.’ which would basically suggest the fun, happy times that’s been portrayed thus far end at this episode. As well as the idea that Yuu, or I guess a different character or us the viewers, didn’t savour them as much as they should have.

1 Like

I’m in turmoil about what they want me to think about certain characters, and therefore I’m indifferent towards most stuff that happens. One thing that has kept me interested throughout the show is the picture below. Specifically the galaxies framed inside the contours of the Otosakas. With Ayumi’s power now revealed we see that the colour of their powers matches their galaxies. So, Yuu is most likely in for a power-up to bring him up to “galaxy status.” This things aren’t hard to guess, but it’s still some neat visual storytelling.

3 Likes

Right now, I’d assume. Episode 6 was the transition.

1 Like

Is anyone gonna make a “Character discussion” page for Nomura, Oikawa, or Yandere-Chan ?

Unless/Until they return in future episodes - which none of the episode-specific characters have done so far - I’d say let’s just discuss them right here.

1 Like

Okay. Though I don’t understand why on the official Charlotte page, they have the 2 girls from the first episode, when those 2 girls aren’t returning.