Charlotte - Episode 6 "Happy You Did Not Notice"

Also, anyone else think that was a shitty place to end the episode? Not just like, “shoot, I hate cliffhangers,” but an actually not well placed ending. Think about it. This would be like ending episode 4 when it goes to black after Nao randomly tells Yuu to take over Pitcher-kun’s body; or like ending episode five when Yuu was falling in Saito’s body, but right before he stopped himself.

In both of those cases, things that could have been huge “shit’s going down” situations turned out to be nothing. Thats right where we’re sitting right now. Crumbling buildings falling, or “almost falling” on people is not really uncommon in fictional media, Ive seen it several times before. So this could be something huge and gamechanging… or everyone could make it out just fine and it turns out that whole scene was just setting up something else.

But we dont know! And its left me feeling uneasy about the show, because I dont know for sure if something important actually happened. If they had made it more clear, maybe just showed one more second of what happened to Yuu or whatever, that kind of ending would have made me extremely interested. Instead it just felt cliche and almost silly.

Im just super glad for that 10 seconds after-credits.

I like it. It’s a fair setup for a lot of reasons. Works just fine.

“Everything is gonna be ‘die’-joubu, cuz they are in a ‘die’-kazoku” - From my facebook’ friend.
My feeling now is very nervous to wait next episode. Oh my Ayumi !!

1 Like

This so much. There is no way he is just a random in love with Ayumi. It was clear he was desperate to keep Ayumi around school for serious reasons, possibly stalling time for the orange haired girl. My initial thought was he and yandere-chan were scientist spies looking to kidnap Ayumi, but yandere-chan’s terrible plot device actions shows at least she is not. Regardless, Oikawa was definitely getting close to Ayumi for ulterior motives.

About Ayumi’s collapse power and why she might develop such a power: let us remember her love for stars and that mysterious comet of foreshadowing. Now let’s read an explanation of how comets form:

I believe Ayumi’s unhealthy love for stars is the source of her ability of collapse in that her powers attempt to replicate this galactic creation, albeit in a much weaker but still very dangerous form. Going back to my initial guess from episode 1:

I believe there are people who already knew or suspected Ayumi would gain this power of collapse, and this is why both Oikawa and new girl were so desperate to get to Ayumi because they knew she had finally developed this dangerous power. Perhaps I was wrong in that her powers ARE the main problem of the series, but it’s still too early to claim that for sure. I also suggested last week that she may have been experimented on as a child; perhaps this instillation of love for stars was the experiment in hoping that she would develop such a powerful ability.

3 Likes

the hype i so huge!! dat clifthanger!!!
well, here my asumptions and opinions:

1. naonao didn’t let yuu take control over jojirou, so she didn´t want yuu to use joujiro abitilty. and the previos experiment with yuu’s ability. undoubtely naonao knows something about abilities ( or at least yuu’s ability) we don’t know and I think that’s gonna play a big role plot!!
  2. I think all this thing with yandere-chan was quite forced and the main characters rushing based on a kind of hunch also seemed forced!.
  3. about that blonde girl at the end. I assume she’s someone with a task similar to nao´s but with a higher rank and I think she has an ability as well ( maybe predicting some events some minutes before they happen or something like that). ( maybe she could be that person naonao thrusts)
  4. about that bad end theory. I also felt that vibe ( but I think it was just due to the imageless credits) I wouldn´t mind if it was the case (like in hugurashi series).

I cannot wait for the next episode!!

I don’t think Oikawa or Yandere-Chan have any plans for Ayumi. It’s a pretty obvious love triangle that happens almost everywhere. There’s the girl who loves this boy, then a new girl moves in and the guy starts liking the new girl. Then the girl who loved the boy, gets jealous of the new girl.

For Oikawa, I don’t think he’s that suspicious. Like @Aegair said, he’s just those people who don’t like taking no for an answer. It’s a pretty common stereotype.

For Yandere-Chan, she’s just a jealous depressed piece of garbage. Nothing new.

I don’t think 2 middle school kids would have anything to do with Ayumi’s fate, other than by making her un-easy and cutting her. It’s a normal middle school love triangle.

It’s too bad they made Oikawa a freak. He would have been a great love interest for Ayumi.

@Pepe Some interested things
http://studybank.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-8.html
They seeked from OP, about some abilities.

1 Like

I think that mysterious girl, mysterious water superpower boy and even security guard in apartment already know she has dangerous superpower and will come soon—that is why they locked Ayumi—just forget about pizza sauce dear~ your life in danger…

Even— Joujirou…hide about something important

hhhh— I won’t complain…eps 6 is rock~ yes it’s full of rocks

that little girl—see…what have you done girl—c’mon…your life still has a long way to go…that’s no good to bring cutter around school and use that because you jelly to someone----

and also can someone explain to me why no one in corridor though it’s noon and break time?

P.S. : Like usual sorry for my bad english and good job for Kazamatsuri newest layout~ it’s perfect~

The student council would’ve been there on time if not for the friggin’ Pasta. Pasta is the true villain here.

I wonder if it was necessary for the yandere girl to go full yandere and pull out a box cutter. Wouldn’t it have been enough if she just started beating Ayumi for her to trigger the collapse ability? I mean, Ayumi is a sheltered child. She has no way of fighting back against an insane person. So being beaten by someone with a crazy look in their eyes would’ve been scary enough, I think.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought too. That would have been genuinely threatening.

Initiallly I thought this sounded forced, but after looking up definitions of 崩壊 it does seem to fit. That also fits with their powers being symbolized as galaxies. Maybe Yuu’s true powers are related to the expansion of the universe then. Like if his current abilities is him expanding him consciousness into others.
Also because I can’t not link this.
http://puu.sh/juODH.ogg
[Rewrite: z2076_000153]

I always figured Ayumi was acting dumber than she is. She seems really knowledgeable, so I just thought that made sense.

I am super bitter over the translation, because it just soooooo wrong. Fucking crunchyroll can’t get it right. But yeah, I don’t claim to know japanese well, but 気づかなかった幸せ definitely means more on the words you mentioned.

Same lol. It’s a bit suspicious for sure

Like I said, wouldn’t be the first time an anime pulled off that shit :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess a lot of people right now are talking about how Ayumi’s powers don’t jive in with her pesonality. That could mean one of two things:

1. We don’t know everything about ayumi quite yet; though I like the links made between comets and “collapse” so it could be something unconscious
  2. The powers aren’t actually related to the personality after all. Maybe something else controls the powers that they receive. Perhaps all the clues we’ve obtained so far are just the characters unconsciously adapting their personalities to the powers given to them.

Just my two cents, for now

2 Likes

Friggin’ cliffhanger.

I was waiting for Misa to meet Ayumi, but dang, it didn’t happen.

That short-haired girl… pretty sure I’ve seen her somewhere… Oregairu? Well does not matter.
I think she also is related to Kumagami somehow…

So apparently “Happy you did not notice” is literally the google translate version. That’s how stupid the translation is. I’ve silently laughed at some of CR’s translation choices in the past but this is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Oh yeah… No Misa this episode, huh?

1 Like

I’m pretty surprised we saw a young girl with a box cutter attempt to stab another girl inside a school.

I was definitely feeling the friends as scientist-planted fakes the whole way through, especially Oikawa with the way he seemed to try and corner Ayumi near the end - I still have some suspicions about his role but he could just be another example of predatory youth.

Very very very much looking forward to seeing what orange girl’s role will be, taking note of how she both seemed to be familiar to the Hoshinoumi guards and was somehow cognizant of Yandere and/or her role in the disaster when she arrived based on how she was looking at her.

3 Likes

yeah, I totally just would have ended it off with Yuu shouting Ayumi’s name. Would still have been a nice cliffhanger and kinda more impact, but I guess the plot needed it to end like this.

Also, why the hell did she not run either back to where the other two are or down the stairs. Running upstairs was literally running into a death trap. If the door was shut or not wouldnt even matter in that case.

OK, so after rewatching, I began to see the progression a little bit better. I could see it all building up to the ending, everything getting worse and worse, a bit better this time. Basically I liked it more theis time. Still dont think it was as dramatic as I was expecting it to be.

I also kinda wish they had let the fact that Ayumi had just been caught under the rubble, and very possibly might be dead, sink in a bit more. When I think about it, that whole scene was really scary, but it all happened so quickly that it didnt really have as much of an effect on me as I was expecting the “game-chaning scene” to have.

Also, I think I would have liked the 10 second Kumagami clip to be before the credits. I know most people would probably disagree with me on that, but I feel the mood of the credits more fits what I was feeling after the Kumagami scene than the rubble falling scene.

Aww man, you beat me to it. Yeah, collapse was in the OP the whole time, btw. I was wondering when it was gonna show up.

[quote=“Akito, post:74, topic:1750”]
I think she also is related to Kumagami somehow…
[/quote]Interesting that you say that because I was kinda thinking that he could possibly be

The way they wrote it, I felt like they wanted us viewers to feel the “yuu being crushed under the rubble” to sink in way more than ayumi. It’s like they’re telling us “who cares about ayumi, look at what’s happened to yuu!”

1 Like

Yeah but unlike Ayumi who clear got caught in the collapse, and we “know” something has happened to, Yuu easily could have just jumped out of the way. Or not. My point is, we dont even know if something happened to Yuu.

I guess it would have kinda been cool if there was some foreshadowing to Yuu being caught up in the collapse. Like if Ayumi’s dream had been about “a boy” getting caught up in the ground breaking or something. I dont know, I feel like that would have made the last scene with Yuu better for me maybe.

My reaction on this episode

But seriously, I have mixed feelings about this episode. It started tame and funny with Ayumi’s bleeding from her nose over Yusarin’s visit. And then there’s convenient yandere character as trigger for Ayumi’s power. It’s pretty sudden and unexpected. Will we ever see those middle schoolers in the future episode? Hhmmm…

Aside of the yandere girl, that boy who was rejected by Ayumi, too, shown a small yandere trait. He’s like, overly persistent on getting Ayumi. I bet something’s bad would happen if Ayumi accepted his offer to eat dessert together. He’s not normal… (and if what yandere girl said is true (and she’s not exaggerating 'coz of her over jealousy), that he only sees Ayumi and no one else… I guess yandere is the new chuunibyou?)

As for the other girl who appeared to be important… I do think she’s probably someone with similar “profession” with Tomori. I honestly don’t think there’s only one group like Hoshinoumi stuco. Solving every juvenile esper problems all over Japan would be too much for a group of two (not counting Yuu and Yusa).

And Mr. Wet Guy… Honestly I have no idea.

And now for safety tips!

1. If someone’s pursuing you with cutter knife in hand, don’t try to reason with them. That’s plain stupid and suicidal. They won’t listen. You’ll be dead in seconds.
  2. When such things happen, don’t you ever run upstair. That’s plain stupid and suicidal. Always go to somewhere crowded where you might find someone who can help you. Going to a clubroom full of people, or teachers lounge is probably the best in school.
  3. Distract them! Throw whatever you have in your pocket to their face. Scream like crazy! Ask for help! Take people’s attention! Struggle like your life’s depending on it, literally!
  4. Find a weapon. One you can use. Don’t use something you can’t properly use, like incomplete juvenile superpower.

I hope you all learn something from this episode!

5 Likes