Charlotte - Episode 10 "Looting"

I don’t get why people were upset about how easy it was to save Ayumi. You have to realize that the yandere girl only had a box cutter. It would be sad if we saw Yu go back countless times. Not to mention there’s only 3 episodes left. For those of you who said it was too easy, did you want it to drag on ? Charlotte would be a failed series if that became the dilemma. Most anime’s with time travel take that approach.

The one thing I wish they told us in this episode, was how they got captured by scientists. I mean, obviously there had to be a reason.

I honestly think you should be happy that Yu recovered in 1 episode. Because if going back in time was in a future episode, then healing, and dragging on how he felt for countless episodes, would have been kinda boring. There’s a reason why things don’t drag on for countless episodes. There’s a reason why Yu recovered in only 1 episode. There’s a reason why the Pizza sauce gag was relevant at the end of each episode. Theres a reason why Yu had to go back in time only once. We already saw his brother blind. Seeing him becoming blind would become useless in the series. There’s a reason for everything Maeda did in this series.

A lot of things still feel unanswered. I also think the concept of time-travel in this series made some of the character developments feel wasted and went with the cliché main character route of “everything will go my way.” I hope there’s a little more to the show than just what we see so far, what was the plot of this story is still something I don’t have an answer to.

According to the series. Yu was the only one who actually had character development. Time traveling did not ruin or waste the character development. Cause since he controls it, he has lived both timelines, having character development of both timelines. You should know by now, since this is Key, that when something resets, character development is still there. The only other person who actually had character development was Kazuki. And that’s something that can be fixed easily.

@Kotaru Fair enough, this is just my third Key anime (or Key anything for that matter) so I’m still new to some of their patterns. The stance of the story’s main plot still leaves me hanging, however. Are they trying to stop the scientists or just be safe?

If you remember. The whole point for Shunsuke going back in time, was to stop the scientists from capturing them. So he finally realized he needed to make a school for wielders of the abilities. So that was his last time leap, and it was a success. So thst timeline, when he makes the school, is the timeline that we saw from episodes 1-10. But then in this timeline, Ayumi dies from her collapse ability. So that leads to Yu going into the past to save Ayumi. So in away, they’re trying to be safe, yet they’re not at the same time.

Because 1. This is a new timeline that has never existed in the future/past however you was to interpret the other timelines, meaning we don’t know what can happen.
Because 2. We still aren’t clear about Yu’s power’s disadvantage. Yes, he can take other people’s abilities, but for how long ? Until he’s done with adolescence, or for a certain amount of time ? Is it possible to also give it back to the person ?
Because 3. We don’t know if Yu actually took Ayumi’s ability. It was never clear on if he could take it if it wasn’t activated. We don’t know if it was even activated yet during that time, since Ayumi was still sick when he went into her body, meaning it could have still been processing. That means Ayumi could still have the ability.
And last but not least, because 4. It has to do with reason 3. If Yu did take Ayumi’s powers, we don’t know what’s gonna happen do we ? What if Yu activated collapse on accident ? What if he activates it when he’s on the ground on earth ? What if he activates it if for some reason, he goes through a time leap ? There’s a lot of questions and speculations, but only time can tell.

1 Like

When Yuu was saving Ayumi I was definitely expecting Ayumi to use collapse, because I’m not convinced Yuu actually took her ability.
I think they will let their guard down and Ayumi will use her ability and bad stuff will happen. Or something.

Surprised he saved Ayumi so easily; expected a Steins;Gate like plot with Ayumi dying again.

Only thing I don’t understand is how Yuu managed to have memories from when he was captured by the scientists; since that was actually a different Yuu (I suppose he was killed by the scientists)

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been saying ever since last episode lol… I still don’t have an answer

Something I’ve been thinking about lately is that even if Ayumi doesn’t die and this one particular school is a success, is that really a proper happy ending? After all, that only accounts for a small part of Japan. What about the kids with special abilities in the rest of the world? Shunsuke asked Pooh to work on setting up more schools, but we don’t know much about how that’s going. I wonder if maybe that will be explored in the last few episodes.

This episode needed a breather. I wanted to see more interactions between the characters. Shun to his friends, Shun to Yuu and Ayumi, Shun’s meeting with Nao, Yuu to friends, Yuu to Ayumi etc. Instead, we get another set of flat characters and relationships that feel so distant and empty. I shouldn’t really expect so much at this point but sighhhh

I like that little bit between Nao and Yuu. I think the series is pointing out that they genuinely made an intimate connection there. I’m guessing the next episodes would lean towards their relationship though I am expecting something else happen out of the blue again. Charlotte could be so unpredictable (and underwhelming) sometimes.

Kumagami had already tracked her down so it means she does have the ability by then.

Yeah. He has become a bomb at this point so it’s kind of interesting to see what happens now.

1 Like

I don’t think it was ever stated that Kumugami could only point out the ability wielders when activated. Not to mention Shunsuke probably explained everything to Kumugami so it was probably played out.

I’m disappointed that they said they keep the character numbers low so they can fully explore each of them, but so far the characters are increasing and we hardly have any character development except for Yuu.
(o right, little Yuu was so cuuuuuuuuttteeeeeeee)

Don’t really know what to say about this episode but I guess I’m shipping Shun x Pooh now.

1 Like

shun is so gay for kumagami

8 Likes

That’s just a theory, but it might be for the reason that he was telepathically connected to Shunsuke while he used his time leap ability (or at least he might have been, depends on how much the fact that he became unconscious affected that). It might be possible that it created a sort of incomplete time leap for him too, after all we don’t know if those abilities might interfere with each other.

From what me know now, that’s the only explanation that seems to make sense, except there is more behind it which we’ll see in the upcoming episodes.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it again, this theory is pretty much impossible, because of the fact that Shunsuke time leaped more than once.

Oh this is some legit stuff,

Further proof that Maeda should never be let near an Anime again.

We’ve had a decent amount of NaoNao, more subtly than Yuu, but she’s got more upcoming.
They’re the only two that matter and that’s clear so I’m glad I discarded giving a shit Jojiro and Yusaless quite early on.

1 Like

One day Maeda is gonna say that he won’t write anymore vn’s and then NOPE Charlotte vn. But I’ll just be here… waiting for that day.

Waiting for the day he doesn’t write any more VNs or for the day he says he won’t which means he actually will? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure myself but I’m going to guess both because that’s totally gonna happen…

EDIT: I forgot I was gonna actually try to contribute something and not go off topic. So anyways I was watching with my friend and thinking it would be really funny if Yuu used the photo power to scare the crap out of Yandere-chan because LOLI LOLI HUNTERS but I guess that would be too weird. I really want to see if there’s a useful way for him to utilize that power other than random perverted things I guess. I mean he basically used every other power he had other than collapse because that’s basically just Electrode used Explosion.

1 Like

This episode firmly cemented my loss of hope in this show. I no longer see how it could get good. Even if something more tragic than Ive ever seen before were to happen, it would still be bad because these last 10 episodes have made sure I dont care about any of these characters.

I want to care about Yuu. I want to love Shunsuke. But this show has just handled the moods so terribly that something that should be serious is happening and everyone’s just like “la la la, daijoubu~”

But seriously, they just took a time-travel story and made it about as boring/pointless as possible. I swear every time something that could possibly be meaningful happens in this show, they throw it away: Yuu’s original personality, Nao’s lonliness, Ayumi’s death, Yuu’s regression, Nao’s brother captured by scientists, Shunsuke being a badass, anyone being a badass, WHAT THE POWERS ARE, WHERE THEY COME FROM, HOW/WHY THEY GET THEM.

If they can wrap all that up in a satisfying way in the next three episodes, it could still have a chance of getting a “good” mark in the books. But atm Kumagami’s one of the best things thats happened to this show, and he’s barely in it.

My lols when @Pepe was completely right and there was absolutely no reason (yet) that Yuu should have been able to remember what happened before Shunsuke leaped.

Btw… how the hell does putting power users in a school stop the scientists from taking them away?

[quote=“chesca, post:50, topic:1864”]
Yeah. He has become a bomb at this point so it’s kind of interesting to see what happens now.
[/quote]You know thats actually whats gonna happen. This “monster’s” gotta come into place somehow. Now all we need is for someone to make a promise to come back home and we’re golden.

Deathflag-kun didnt have his power yet at that point…

EDIT: You know what? I think I could also still end up liking this show if we got some cool factor in there. Ya know? Like even if the characters and writing are all still crap, if some really cool shit goes down, I might still like it.

1 Like

[quote=“Yerian, post:59, topic:1864, full:true”]

Btw… how the hell does putting power users in a school stop the scientists from taking them away?[/quote]

I think the idea is that they created a school, which is marketed as just a regular school which means anyone attending that facility would be seen as just your average student. So that if anyone did get abducted then they could make a big hoo-hah out of the fact one of their innocent students have been taken away and make a big newsflash as a protective measure.

Either way smells like a plot convenience to me… Or just not a great idea to start with. But I guess from that perspective it makes a bit of sense?