Charlotte - Episode 10 "Looting"

Yeah I think this will be more than likely right, I really think it is going to a pick a chose type thing, where it is his sister or nao’s brother. Also I was just randomly looking at the other threads and it seems that the op has some lyrics about picking and choosing? Also the fact that people are saying it was too easy means that key is going to rubberband it back and say was it? Also the fact the name of this episode is plunder/loot or whatever the hell you want to call it, I think it has a higher meaning that he is taking away from nao, but he himself has gained from this.

I really feel like this is tons of evidence that the sala thing will not go well at all. remember when she was talking to him she some how knew he was sad, and he won’t be this time around will he?

Just wondering. But is it possible that Yu didn’t actually take away Ayumi’s ability ? It was never stated that just because you can locate someone with an ability, doesn’t mean they even have it yet. Isn’t it possible that Ayumi still has her ability ? Not to mention that we would have gotten answers too if she had it, if we waited 1 second more. Plus, we never actually know if Yu can even use the ability, I mean, it would be stupid to use it, but yeah.

And, should we even worry about Kazuki ? Sala’s still gonna come. Ayumi’s death didn’t have anything to do with, if Sala was coming or not. It just had to do with the tragic story Sala heard from Yu. And if this timeline repeats itself and Sala sings again, shouldn’t Kazuki become more sane if he also regains the memory of the timeline before, since if Yu remembers the other timeline when Sala was singing, isn’t it possible for Kazuki to become more sane if he remembered it too ? It’s like a build up of sane-ness in a way.

I’m just curious about the photo that was shown to us before Charlotte was released, we still haven’t seen any scene like that in the anime.

And also, I’m still curious about the black/blue haired girl we see in the OP everytime.

He did, because he said Nao was ‘always right’.
Even though in this case, she was very wrong.

1 Like

uhm, he used her ability, so yeah, he took it for sure.

I’m pretty sure he didn’t? If you’re talking about when he shattered the glass, that seemed to be Telekinesis at least from the body graphics. Those seem pretty consistent.

oh right, that could be it too. Didnt occur to me that telekinesis could also work that way.

So the time-travel-tragedies and failures some people were expecting did not occur. While I agree that saving Ayumi ended up being too easy, thus disappointing, I’m actually glad that the rest of Charlotte didn’t become a Steins;Gate copy of sorts. In my opinion, it would be inappropriate for the grand conflict of the series to be centered around an ability that isn’t even Yuu’s.

Yep. Even now, after episode 10, we’re still Jon Snow. We know nothing about the final conflict.

[quote=“Kanon, post:9, topic:1864”]
Yandere-chan looks better with the bangs cut.[/quote]

Heck no. That new haircut practically ruins her character.
Also, the fact that she was scared off so easily means she’s not a true Yandere. Maybe Ayumi’s life wasn’t even in any real danger there.

[quote=“Kanon, post:9, topic:1864, full:true”]
Also way to re-break Nao’s onii-chan after you just got finished fixing him, Yu.[/quote]

…wow, good job noticing.

That’s kind of what I hate most about this episode. They undid episode 7!
On the bright side, not 100% of it was lost. Those events are still part of Yuu’s character. Also, Yuu’s relationship with Nao wasn’t completely reset. Instead of Nao saving the grief-stricken Yuu, Yuu has now scored a lot of points with her by getting across that he understands her now. I mean, look at that voice acting in the balcony scene! “Well… you’re welcome.” Nao is totally moved by the fact that someone finally understands her! To me, that’s the best moment of this episode!

Other random thoughts:

• Fujoshi will have a field day with Shun x Kuma now
  • How many times did Shun repeat that 3 years period? Exactly how old is he now?
  • The reason why Kumagami became the wet guy is kinda weird
  • So how exactly did Yuu remember the alternate timeline? Was it really due to Sala?
  • Nao’s sharp mind amazes me once again. “What if I said I time-leaped?” “I would believe you”
  • Ayumi turning silent and more dere was her biggest change in behavior yet

Last but not least, now that Yuu can time-leap, it will be wayyyyy harder to create a Key-level dramatical scenario.

2 Likes

Idk should we worry about Kazuki? its hard to say. I think that girl in the op or really when ever we hear Charlotte, gives us the biggest mystery. Why is this anime called charlotte to begin with? Who is this girl in the op? What photo are you talking about by the way?

One thing I feel like will almost certainly will happen is something bad, this too easy feeling just doesn’t feel like key, they are going to pull something I feel, it could be something to do with Kazuki or maybe Ayumi’s ability didn’t get plunder or maybe even both? We just gotta keep putting out theories like a shotgun; one of them is bound to hit!

Obviously I have no idea what will happen it is just speculation but it could be sorta right, very right or completely wrong.

1 Like

I don’t see any possible way they can fill up three more episodes without some kind of plot twist, so I’m remaining optimistic that things will stay entertaining. I think Nao’s brother somehow becoming relevant again is a very plausible theory.

(By the way, was anyone else getting some serious Lucia vibes from those windows breaking?)

OH HE CALLS HIM POOH BECAUSE KUMAGAMI HAS KUMA AND POOH IS A BEAR

ok

3 Likes

tl;dr Yuu doesn’t break, there isn’t grounds for a touching moment between him and Sala over his mourning, NaoNao BroBro stays rip, etc.

This episode was uhm… Well, empty…? To me? I don’t know. I felt zero tension or weight from anything that was happening.

Err…

1 Like

Man, if there were at least 2 or 3 episodes of that quality, I might actually like this anime!

I’d have hated that. Dragging the story out even more? She’s already died twice, her death isn’t meaningful any more.

Shame she has those “Imma kill ya” eyes.

It always was. For one, the build up to it was so awful that her death was more a blessing than anything. Also, this is Key. She’s gonna come back.

Use it on a elevated platform, with a big mattress underneath… Or use it on top of a pool.

Seconded.

The target’s brother was lying in wait for this exact moment, shielded his sister, threw the the attacker’s weapon away without even moving, cut the attacker’s hair, and broke all of the windows.
I’d nope out of there, insane or not.

It’s not like the past events were just scrapped. It all still happened. A conclusion doesn’t make it’s means pointless.

Wonder what Sala’s power is. I’d say it’s something like “remembering your most important memory” but that doesn’t account for the blindness.

Yuu had a pretty sudden character change after all, and she knows his power, so it’s not unreasonable.

Yuu now has three of the most powerful abilities that were know about by the scientists in the previous timeline. That might bring up some problems.

A wild Slowpoke appeared!

Seems normal to me in a world of powers, especially since she knows he has plunder.

Rather, it pissed me off when that blond guy who can GO THOUGH WALLS was like ‘NANI FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE’ at the mere prospect of Shunsuke being able to time travel.

In a world of powers, this is reasonable.

1 Like

This is just the set up for the real plot. Though I think it’s kind of a problem that we’re 10/12 episodes in and still don’t know what that plot is. Hopefully they blow us away quick. Honestly though, I don’t feel like that’s gonna happen.

Also, if the scientists don’t somehow turn out to be good guys in the end, this will be the first Key work (that I am aware of) since Kanon in which anyone actually has bad intentions.

Charlotte is 13 episodes, not 12. Though, 3 episodes still isn’t a lot.

There’s still quite a bit to cover, and not just the scientists. Like, why were those girls beating up Nao for instance? Nao’s brother has to be fixed again too.

This episode seems to be getting a lot of hate, even though the average rating is over 4 :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, this was my favorite episode so far. I was hoping they’d be able to save Ayumi ever since she died, and I am quite glad they didn’t drag it out (the repetition of time travel was the thing that made me dislike Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate).

Now I am wondering three things.
What is Sala’s role?
What will happen with the scienists?
When is this show going to make me cry?
That is all.

Well on the bright side, I felt like the pacing in the episode itself was okay. Choice of events and pacing within the greater context of the show? Maybe not.

I think maybe Maeda should just stick with VNs and let the adaptations struggle independently. :stuck_out_tongue:

A lot of people are saying that this episode “undid” Yuu’s development from Episode 7, but I honestly disagree. The point of his development wasn’t just to get over Ayumi’s death; he became a better person after it. He became more aware of the responsibilities and dangers of being a power holder, which we saw a lot of in episode 8.

So, no, it didn’t undo the development nor did it make the development meaningless; he won’t forget everything that happened just because Ayumi is okay now.

8 Likes

I agree! It still happened to Yuu, even if it didn’t happen to everyone else, and I think that’s what’s important.
I think the point of her death was to incite a change of heart for Yuu, and Yuu definitely had a change of heart.

In my opinion, I suppose the fate of Ayumi is death, we can’t stop this fate and Yuu continues looping to save Ayumi, and Yuu will be blind. Seriously I expect more this episode. Very boring, talk, say, explain,… since Ayumi’ death… 10th episode already, Maeda should speed quickly to high tide. As you see, we still have many news characters, many mysterious, Misa has been missing since 6th episode too, if Maeda keep telling, explain, reveal the past like this, Charllote will be worse than AB! Well, he should come back to Visual Novel, his writting skill is suitable of route-based scenario.

2 Likes