Charlotte - Episode 10 "Looting"

I’m disappointed that they said they keep the character numbers low so they can fully explore each of them, but so far the characters are increasing and we hardly have any character development except for Yuu.
(o right, little Yuu was so cuuuuuuuuttteeeeeeee)

Don’t really know what to say about this episode but I guess I’m shipping Shun x Pooh now.

1 Like

shun is so gay for kumagami

8 Likes

That’s just a theory, but it might be for the reason that he was telepathically connected to Shunsuke while he used his time leap ability (or at least he might have been, depends on how much the fact that he became unconscious affected that). It might be possible that it created a sort of incomplete time leap for him too, after all we don’t know if those abilities might interfere with each other.

From what me know now, that’s the only explanation that seems to make sense, except there is more behind it which we’ll see in the upcoming episodes.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it again, this theory is pretty much impossible, because of the fact that Shunsuke time leaped more than once.

Oh this is some legit stuff,

Further proof that Maeda should never be let near an Anime again.

We’ve had a decent amount of NaoNao, more subtly than Yuu, but she’s got more upcoming.
They’re the only two that matter and that’s clear so I’m glad I discarded giving a shit Jojiro and Yusaless quite early on.

1 Like

One day Maeda is gonna say that he won’t write anymore vn’s and then NOPE Charlotte vn. But I’ll just be here… waiting for that day.

Waiting for the day he doesn’t write any more VNs or for the day he says he won’t which means he actually will? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure myself but I’m going to guess both because that’s totally gonna happen…

EDIT: I forgot I was gonna actually try to contribute something and not go off topic. So anyways I was watching with my friend and thinking it would be really funny if Yuu used the photo power to scare the crap out of Yandere-chan because LOLI LOLI HUNTERS but I guess that would be too weird. I really want to see if there’s a useful way for him to utilize that power other than random perverted things I guess. I mean he basically used every other power he had other than collapse because that’s basically just Electrode used Explosion.

1 Like

This episode firmly cemented my loss of hope in this show. I no longer see how it could get good. Even if something more tragic than Ive ever seen before were to happen, it would still be bad because these last 10 episodes have made sure I dont care about any of these characters.

I want to care about Yuu. I want to love Shunsuke. But this show has just handled the moods so terribly that something that should be serious is happening and everyone’s just like “la la la, daijoubu~”

But seriously, they just took a time-travel story and made it about as boring/pointless as possible. I swear every time something that could possibly be meaningful happens in this show, they throw it away: Yuu’s original personality, Nao’s lonliness, Ayumi’s death, Yuu’s regression, Nao’s brother captured by scientists, Shunsuke being a badass, anyone being a badass, WHAT THE POWERS ARE, WHERE THEY COME FROM, HOW/WHY THEY GET THEM.

If they can wrap all that up in a satisfying way in the next three episodes, it could still have a chance of getting a “good” mark in the books. But atm Kumagami’s one of the best things thats happened to this show, and he’s barely in it.

My lols when @Pepe was completely right and there was absolutely no reason (yet) that Yuu should have been able to remember what happened before Shunsuke leaped.

Btw… how the hell does putting power users in a school stop the scientists from taking them away?

[quote=“chesca, post:50, topic:1864”]
Yeah. He has become a bomb at this point so it’s kind of interesting to see what happens now.
[/quote]You know thats actually whats gonna happen. This “monster’s” gotta come into place somehow. Now all we need is for someone to make a promise to come back home and we’re golden.

Deathflag-kun didnt have his power yet at that point…

EDIT: You know what? I think I could also still end up liking this show if we got some cool factor in there. Ya know? Like even if the characters and writing are all still crap, if some really cool shit goes down, I might still like it.

1 Like

[quote=“Yerian, post:59, topic:1864, full:true”]

Btw… how the hell does putting power users in a school stop the scientists from taking them away?[/quote]

I think the idea is that they created a school, which is marketed as just a regular school which means anyone attending that facility would be seen as just your average student. So that if anyone did get abducted then they could make a big hoo-hah out of the fact one of their innocent students have been taken away and make a big newsflash as a protective measure.

Either way smells like a plot convenience to me… Or just not a great idea to start with. But I guess from that perspective it makes a bit of sense?

It’s only been an episode, right? I don’t think this is even a problem right now, it just seems like something to be picky about.

Or… They could beat up the attackers? I mean, it’s an institute of super-humans after all.

The entire logistical drama behind being captured by scientists and a protective school has been one of my complaints since episode 2. At this point, I think the answer is bad writing.

2 Likes

I think the point of the school is that it’s much easier to protect a small area than a large one. You can’t be everywhere at once, so if the power users are spread throughout the city then the scientist’s stormtroopers can just kidnap them one by one. When everyone is in the same area, though, you can focus your defenses (whatever defenses Shun may have waiting in the wings with all of his funds).

It also seems like the scientists are working in secret, so assaulting a school may be too high-profile for them.

I mean, there are a bunch of reasonable explanations that could exist. The problem is they haven’t bothered explaining anything (beyond “hey we made a school; we’re safe now!”) even though it’s apparently such a big deal. Any explanation or reasoning we try to come up with is just baseless assumptions.

Also, I said in an earlier episode thread that apparently Nao and friends have no qualms with going out and using their powers all over the place, without fear of scientists, so that makes it seem like just being a student of the school protects you from scientist kidnapping (as opposed to say, the actual school location being a safezone). Again, reasonable explanations could exist but are completely baseless with the given information.

1 Like

I thought they made the school so they could find the teens with powers before the scientists, and then keep them at the school so the teens would keep their powers in check and fly under the radar. So the point of the school is to find the kids and keep them at the school so the scientists don’t find them.
I’m pretty sure that’s what it said in the show…

Yeah, the idea was to find them as early as possible, (hopefully before the powers even manifest) bring them to the school, and warn them of abusing powers. At the school, they can stay in a safe environment until they age and lose their powers.

This is an interesting point, and I’d like to give my thoughts on this. One thing we know about the scientists is that what they are doing, as far as their government is concerned, is legal. They don’t necessarily do any kidnapping either; we saw how Nao’s family was somehow bribed or threatened to hand over their children. The point I am making is that I think the scientists do not take these children by force, but go through “legal” means to do so.

As such, maybe the school offers more protection than just being a physical refuge; maybe being a student of the school itself also offers political refuge against the scientists, such that if you are a student, they no longer have the legal means to capture you.

Of course this is all speculation, and it would have been nice if they actually told that in the story

This is one of the more reasonable guesses, and I really wish they bothered saying something along those lines, even in passing. Even so, I’m not sure how this is any different from other schools. If the scientists are threatening or bribing the family to get them, this means either the school can somehow prevent parental requested transfer or has even more power to threaten/bribe the family. If being a student at the school can prevent approaching the parents, that’s some pretty darn amazing political power.

Another question is the fake school that Nao was placed into. Nao is the only person we know of who went there instead of the normal facility. Ayumi, who didn’t have any powers at the time, was placed in the scientist facility with her brothers. Why wasn’t Nao? Once again, we can probably think of a reasonable explanation like their policy changed in response to the Hoshinoumi school, but the anime sure doesn’t seem to care about explaining it.

1 Like

Maybe, because of her brother’s power, they thought that Ayumi had a chance of gaining an equally dangerous power (which she did)

Althought Ayumi being in the facility happened in the timeline where Hoshi no Umi didn’t exist

Yeah I mean in the timeline where Hoshinoumi exists, they decided to make a more normal school too, which is where we see Nao at.

1 Like

…The anime explains that the school doesn’t prevent the scientists from taking them, it prevents the scientists from finding them.
Nao and crew are conscientious of the scientists so they’re more careful about using their powers when in public. They don’t draw attention to themselves.