Charlotte - Ayumi Otosaka Character Discussion

And the last of the character topics! So, what did you all think of Ayumi’s involvement in Charlotte so far, for those who have seen episode 1? Let’s hope this small animal-esque little sister brings some interesting development to the story~

All Charlotte information may be discussed in this topic without spoiler tags. However, references to important information from other Key series must be kept in spoiler tags, with context specified.

My Charlotte Hype can’t be this cute!

She reminded me of Fuko a bit, not only the third-person speaking but that picture you have there was really close to her “star fish cute” mode. Other than that she’s pretty interesting so far, looking forward to seeing more of her.

1 Like

I loved her and this is all I have to say:

3 Likes

Despite all her cute-loli-ticks (ex. adding de gozaru and nano desu to the end of everything, etc), Ayumi actually seemed a lot more like a really person than I was expecting. Like, she actually seemed like a little sister, not just a kawaiilolimouto. That was a pleasant surprise.

4 Likes

Wow, it’s exactly what I expected.

3 Likes

I wasn’t expecting to like Ayumi as much as I did, and I quite appreciate how they made her. She’s definitely an overtly hyper genki girl, but I don’t see that as a bad thing. As @Yerian said, she really does feel like a little sister.

If anything, they were able to successfully make her cute in my book. I really feel like she’s a small animal sort of cute.

(but I think they just hit my soft point by making her the stargazer)

Also speculation She seems to hide it but Ayumi probably doesn’t have any friends. Woobie factor x 10

1 Like

So, she fell just a tiny bit below my expectations… (re: @Yerian’s “kawaiilolimouto” was about what I thought she’d be.) She’s an okay character so far, but I’d want to see more before deciding. Right now, she seems a bit off to me. (Clannad: Though that Fuko reference was pretty funny. I guess she’s partially modeled after one of the earliest Key imoutos.)

I wonder if the stargazing bit has any backstory to it, tying into (Charlotte’s Beat! -1st ep- the “other person” she saw in a dream, that Yuu subsequently saw in his dream later on.)

Speculation, based on the first episode: If she were to have a power, it might be something along the lines of affecting memories.

Hmm… I don’t know about that. I’d probably say that she doesn’t have any close friends if anything. She seemed to get along with Nao pretty well right off the bat after all. She also had a generally outgoing personality. (I don’t think we really need spoilers here, but I’ll leave it for now.)

I’ll talk about her more as we see more of her. Not much to say right now.

1 Like

I like her already; Key needs to make more imouto characters

I look at your post and I’m like “Sure, that’s cool” then I look at username and…

Haha, no offense, buddy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t get all the Ayumi hate… She’s so cute, she’s the perfect imouto. Who wouldn’t like to have her as your imouto?

My guess would be her manner of speech. I can see people getting annoyed by her screaming most of her lines, and dragging out the last vowel-sound. If it was a tiny bit higher I would be extremely annoyed by that; currently I think it’s just perfect so that it becomes really enjoyable to listen to.
http://puu.sh/iPp7M.ogg

Annoying, I hope she has more character than that imouto act. I could bear with Kud, but this is just taking lolis too far.

I too was ever so slightly annoyed with little sister Ayumi’s puppy-dog like personality and loud, high pitched voice. I don’t completely hate her for it though, because I can see her value as a character and I often find her pretty cute. I think that she is a crucial and essential character for the series because of the effect she has on her brother.

1 Like

I do agree Ayumi isn’t the greatest character in terms of comparison to others, but you have to remember, this is Key’s first douche protagonist from the inside and out. I mean, they have done other douche protagonists, but this one is actually rude by heart. Having a caring sister like her is something you have to think about. How she would affect Yu. I still don’t understand their relationship though. She seems pure and innocent while her brother is rude and arrogant, and they live together and are only 1 year apart.

Wait did they mention this anywhere? We know Ayumi is in middle school, but that could also mean that she’s 3 years younger than Yuu, at the most.

Can’t wait for the Ayumi version of

… As if Ayumi is anywhere near Karen tier…

DESU! DESU? DESUUU? DESU?! DESU!!!?

3 Likes

It’s been stated on the official website that Yu and Nao and those other people are all first years. And it was stated that Ayumi was 14, and in middle school, which means she’s in 8th grade.

I don’t quite remember where Ayumi’s age was stated, honestly x.x

Well if they are one year apart, then that makes Ayumi very much a loli. I just thought she looked young because she was young :stuck_out_tongue:

Sanae-San looks 18 when she’s over 30.

1 Like

Kud’s mom is even worse in the anime