Best Key Opening!

I feel the same for both songs.

Here, in S.America (and in my mind) it is a quite popular song. I believe it is underrated. And I like the fact that while it is a very sweet melody, it also reflects Tomoyo’s “agressive” personality quite good (with its beat and specially those distorted instruments in the background).

There’s a problem with this poll (there’s no way to fix it unless they make a special edition someday with another VN engine). Siglus engine and modern computers allowed way much more fluid and appealing OPs and EDs… I know, we don’t really need “Hi-Tech CG” to create something beautiful and memorable, but… it is a factor.

side note: does anybody remember Monkey Island? Remember the difference between the pixelated VGA intro and the re-make for its special edition? I hope they’ll make something like that someday, at least for the OP/EDs. (Naturally I prefer in many cases the VGA resolution, but that’s because of nostalgia I think).

As Hype as Rewrite is, gonna have to go with Tori no Uta. Lia at her very best.

2 Likes

Taking the words out of my mouth. Sorry, Rewrite, but Lia and Tori no Uta are perfect.

2 Likes

I’ve called a lot of these my favorite at one point or another.

But Mag Mell is the one I’m always happy to see.

The fact it’s not popular in this poll is saddening.

1 Like

Now this is a very difficult question, Key has so much awesome music!
Among my favorites are “Tori no Uta”, “Last Regrets” and of course "Little Busters!"
“Light Colors” I only know the remix but that one is awesome as well.
“Boy’s be Smile” I normally don’t care about the meaning of the vocals in a song; but these ones fit Refrain well so they made my really sad
“One’s Future” is awesome as well because of Kud of course :slight_smile:
I really like “Rewrite” as well; the male vocals are a nice variaton; “Phylosophyz” is not bad either.

The rest I don’t really like or I don’t know them

I’ll go with Tori no Uta on this one <3

This is stupid hard. I can’t choose…

… Little Busters! BUT THE REST UP THERE ARE REALLY REALLY GOOD except tori no uta

3 Likes

aw I personally love tori no uta, but it’s certainly not my fav

Mag Mell > Toki. Come at me haters.

1 Like

I actually think so too.

I love the beginning of mag mell, but once the song becomes a little more fast paced I kind of lose interest, while in toki just I like the end

Totally agreed. The opening is super cool but after “doko ni datte yukeru” it becomes a lot more generic and I lose interest.

1 Like

I was about to put Mag Mell on my list, but it just doesn’t have the same charm for me that, say, Tori no Uta does. It’s still a good song by VN opening standards, but the competition is just too good.

2 Likes

Definitely had to be the planetarian opening. The piano bridge always gives me the chills, and gets me pumped for another speedrun race with @LinkThinks!

3 Likes

Oh huh… I didn’t think of the planetarian opening :frowning:

Does that even qualify as an opening??

I don’t think it does. It’s more like a BGM to me since it has no vocals, there’s not even an ED for Planetarian. It’s more like Planetarian’s theme, like how The Theme Of SSS is Angel Beats’s theme. I honestly have to go with Rewrite, every time I listen and watch the animated video, it just gives me the feeling of how good the anime would be ;D Even if it the anime storyline butchers stuff. I honestly think the “Boys be smile” is the worse song in my opinion. It just doesn’t have that Key “magic” vibe to it. Let’s all be real though. WHY NO LOVE FOR LIGHT COLORS ??? That was such a beautiful song, not to mention the piano version of it is beautiful. Anyways, where’s the ED competition now ? I’m pretty sure Dango would win. Just saying. Seems pretty obvious since everyone fell in love with that song, and DEM PLUSHIES IN THE ANIME :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Also, where’s the Kanon 2002 Op ? (Even though it wasn’t good), it should still be on there.

You would be surprised at how many people here don’t like it that much. It’s difficult to tell what would win in a poll like that though.

1 Like

I moved 10 posts to an existing topic: Best Key Ending!

Wow I love this topic. So many differents points of views and tastes.
Some folks are more interested in Lia, some considers Lia songs boring.
Some people considers that almost “static” EDs are actually BGM.

This is intesresting. So many diverse opinions makes this topic wonderful.

We all feel the same at the core level, but we are very different in the colateral aspects in my opinion. And that is great, specially for VN readers. Because in a VN you choose a lot of things. Like your “heroine”, or perfect ending, and so on… (even if it is not a so-called canon ED)

Great. Thanks to those “conflicts”, something new always comes out. Keep this going. So…

I’ll state my POV :slight_smile:

This is a extremely hard (and wonderful) topic set by Pepe.
Planetarian OP is powerful, and I believe we could call it OP “as is”… I can understand that some of us don’t like the idea. But for me, it is just an opening. I may also add a few introductory lines after you hit the play button, and some image transitions, to create an extended OP.
Just like with Clannad EP1 “I hate this town”… I almost consider that scene part of the OP. I know, it would be a very extended OP, but don’t you feel like it is part of the OP? At least a bit? We saw that same scene oh so many times, even in the anime it is repeated :).

Ergo… talking about almost “static” OP and ED… then Charlotte ED would be like Planetarian OP, in the sense that there’s no movement, but only great slow changes.

I think the word OP and ED shouldn’t be attached with movements and fancy effects. We can enjoy the great Rewrite OP and the Planetarian OP aswell, they are diferrent in pace, and in the amout of content, that’s all.-
One key point -for me- to consider something something an OP or an ED is the music. And… we have plenty of great emotional music out there in the Key universe.

I don’t really care about fancy powerful OP (I love them too but…) semi-static OP and ED are not BGM imho.

2 Likes

I was actually just trying to be funny guys ._.
planetarian doesn’t have an op song, which is very much primarily what this poll is about…

1 Like