Best Key Opening!

I feel this has been expressed alot, I’ve certainly mentioned this, but there isn’t really anything universal about what this poll is about. For some the choice of song will be the primary reason for liking an OP. But that isn’t necessitated by this poll, the animation, it’s framing… literally anything and everything could be a reason to think one OP is better than another. It isn’t a ‘primarily song’ thing at all.

1 Like

Don’t worry. I haven’t liked Tori no Uta for years nod nod Kanon’s OP is great though. Arigaaatoooouuu… Iwanaaaai yoooou

1 Like

We came all this way without addressing this very important question?!?

@Pepe. Is this poll about OP songs, or OP videos with songs?

2 Likes

I was under the impression the answer to that was: Follow your heart. It wasn’t answered because it wasn’t interested in being answered.

Yeah… there doesnt really need to be a distinction. Its about both together I guess? Its whatever’s “best” to you, so you each person will value all parts of each OP differently.

But the method of judging which is best is vastly different. I could say I love the Charlotte ED but since it’s just a bunch of stills I can’t say much about it being a good ED.

An OP is judged by everything that comes with it. Some like that one Rewrite OP because it’s drawn animation, whereas others have a taste in music.
I go purely by music, because I rarely actually watch them after seeing it the first time, but I listen to the songs.

I do think this is an important question, because I’d have a different answer based solely on the song, that is: Toki wo Kizamu Uta.

But, I think he meant the videos, because there’s no sense in taking out the visual aspect, it matters a lot. Charlotte’s OP, for example, wouldn’t be half of what it is without the visuals imo…

It was addressed in the opening post. It’s all just up to you, you decide for yourself what makes the best opening the best opening.

Either of them! As I said:

As such, it’s totally up to the voter to decide. If you are on-the-fence because you love one song, whereas on the other hand, you love another’s video, well… Time to decide, I guess :wink: You can even take into account the kind of emotional context that it brings to you, which would be a more personal thing altogether. Just strictly separating it into “opening song” and “opening movie” I think limits how people can factor in what makes it the best for them.

Or you can be crazy like me and list down all the possible criteria, and give grades best on the criteria, heh.

I voted for MSYB, though I can’t say that’s necessarily my favorite because I don’t even know if I have a favorite. I love all of them except One’s Future.
I have to make a best to least list to organize my thoughts (I do this a lot)
1a. My Soul Your Beats
1b. Last Regrets
1c. Tori no Uta
1d. Heartily Song
1e. Little Busters!
1f. Toki wo Kizamu Uta
2a. Rewrite
2b. Bravely You
2c. Mag Mell
2d. Boys Be Smile
3a. Todoketai Melody
3b. Light Colors
4. Philosophyz
5. Harvest
6. One’s Future (do not like Kud’s voice at all)

okay this didn’t help at all

2 Likes

All of the songs are great, but Toki wo Kizamu Uta is timeless

3 Likes

I know that Harmonia hasn’t released yet and not everybody can understand japanese, but why Harmonia song doesn’t have a single vote?

PS: I didn’t expect that Rewrite Moon opening having so much votes, I thought that most people prefered the first opening.

I quite like todoketai melody, and would probably place it in my top 5… but alas, I can only choose one :stuck_out_tongue:

And it looks like, after a few months, Little Busters has indeed dominated the polls xP

1 Like

Eh. Rewrite’s OP1&2 are both epic, and true, the first OP is catchy, but let’s be honest, the second OP blows the first OP away. Also, eh, Harmonia’s OP is okay. I like the chorus, but I’m not a fan of the false accusation of the first part in the Harmonia OP. The transition from that to the first verse wasn’t as good. And the chorus and verses seem like they’re from different songs. But I like both of them separately :slight_smile:

1 Like

You sound like an expert.
But there is something that I don’t like about the second OP, maybe it’s just my tastes, or maybe is that Philosophyz just stuck in my mind after the epic scenes.

Philosophyz is great ! Honestly, it’ll probably be one of the best anime OP’s of 2016, when its released. And yeah, it does have to do with interest, like for example, I’m not really a fan of the LB op, because of the instruments used. But a lot of people like the OP.

1 Like

Assuming they use it. All the Grisaia OPs were new and I think the Walkure Romanze was too but I’m not entirely sure.

1 Like

What’s so wrong about using new OPs?
They should make another opening for Rewerite, or like in Clanand, using a character’s BGM to make a song, although it was an ending song.

I don’t have an issue with it I was just pointing out Philosophyz isn’t even guaranteed to be used in the anime never mind be one of the best of 2016.

1 Like