Ask a Key fan!

Thank you @Yerian! Nice song, it develops into something quite interesting.

Update:
I’m starting to collect all the KSL items… Since I really enjoy them.
May I ask you all for one that I’m searching and searching without success yet?

Today I was watching Clannad BD, episode #20. And at 21:00+ approximately I’ve found myself enjoying a very good musical arrangement.
Is that track on some official remix or arrange album? If so, I really want to have it. Thanks!

You almost stumped me this time, but I found it!

Its taken from two separate parts of Mabinogi arrange album song: A Small Song Passed from Mother to Child.
The piano part is taken from 2:34-2:53, and then the violin part they seamlessly transitioned into starts at 5:53.

The Mabinogi album was a bonus item included with the limited edition of CLANNAD back in 2004, and was also reward included in many of the tiers and as an addon of the CLANNAD Official English Release Kickstarter :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. It was a hard one, but you did it! Thanks again @Yerian!

Most of Little Busters! soundtracks can be recognized by Shazam (I was surprised). Haven’t tried for other VNs though.

1 Like

Except Shazam would never recognize a BGM of an anime because there are character voices and other sounds and… yeah… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But thanks for sharing, I never knew that!

Umm, I wonder that some of key’s visual novels games has minigames, like Little Busters that have multiple minigames to play it during the story. I never play this game but the one thing that I need to know that Is it connect and cause to the our gameplay? Uhh, That’s all that I want know about the Little Buster Visual Novel.
Alright, so for now, I have planned to play Angel Beats!: 1st beat for now. But wait, I heard that there are 3 routes of the game that consist of Iwasawa, Yui and Matsushita, So what route that I should to go with? :kissing_closed_eyes:

I don’t believe they have a major impact or any impact at all, which is why you have the option to skip them.

Unfortunately I have not played Angel Beats! First Beat yet so I can’t help you there

Depends on what you want out of a first route. I assume you like Yui, and that one didn’t disappoint. Matsushita is probably best if you want an easier time getting used to things. Not sure what to say about Iwasawa. It definitely wasn’t bad, however some parts just weren’t my cup of tea.
I did Yui>Matsushita>Iwasawa, but I also messed around a lot before going in to a route. There are quite a few things to do in the common route, even if you might get a bad ending by doing them.

Bad Ending? So, it will happen if I choose the wrong answer?

You’ll can get Neutral/Bad endings by not earning enough points or making the wrong decision at certain points in the story. Standard stuff.

I want to ask you something might be related to Key Music. (But I’m unsure whether this had been asked or not before)

Does anyone know about the CD 此/彼/方?
It seems that it was doujin project starring Maeda (credited as 准), riya (eufonius) and Izumi Rei (Hibiki no Mahou) but I can hardly get any info of it.

I found a website where they seem to sell both the Doujin and the CD: https://otakurepublic.com/product/tag_page.html?tags=52801&ref=product_page&type=desc_link_circle

However, the doujin is not translated at the moment so it will be in japanese. Also, the copy they sell is a used one.
I cannot find more information, but I hope it will help.

Thanks for the information, but the CD included set doesn’t seem ready stock.

1 Like

I was wondering if anybody has any details on what this artbook included with certain tiers in the CLANNAD Kickstarter is? They say it was an 80-page fanbook included with the First Press release of CLANNAD in Japan, but does anyone have any more details on it? Does it have any relation to the CLANNAD Visual Fan Book that was released the same year? (That has closer to 160 pages)

@Clannad_Man might be the one to ask about this :stuck_out_tongue:

You thought correctly, @Aspirety! ^^

The book included in the first edition release of CLANNAD (the ‘CLANNAD Official Guidebook’) is a fanbook which provides a variety of information on the development of the visual novel and its characters. It contains some artwork and concept sketches from Itaru Hinoue, though many of the images focus on individual character expressions. Information on each of the main characters is provided including impressions from the scenario writers and limited information on their routes.

The single coolest aspect of the book is the lengthy production log co-authored by Jun Maeda and Kai. It covers the many ups and downs of the production process and provides unique insight into the creators’ lives during that period. Well worth a read. The origins of the proposed character ‘Clannad Man’ are also described in this section, so that in itself is worth looking into! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There is some content overlap between the CLANNAD Visual Fan Book and the Official Guidebook, but not too much. There is a stronger focus on art in the former and more of a descriptive focus on the latter.

Let me know if there’s anything specific you wanted to know about the book!

2 Likes

@Clannad_Man is MVP
If you’re interest I can upload some pictures , or were you just interested in what it is?

That’s fine, @Clannad_Man supplied sufficient information. Thanks!

EDIT: Another question. Does anyone know if there are any official Dango plush toys still in circulation? I own a little cospa dango, but I can’t find them sold anywhere anymore. If anybody can find me some more, I’d be very grateful.

I don’t know about officials but I do have one that was made for me by a friend

There are prettt well-done fan-made ones at Keypoints

https://github.com/polaris-/vn_translation_tools/tree/master/rewrite

We have source code here.
I and my friend are compiling and It has error.
Someone is interesting and try this before ?