Ask a Key fan!

How come everyone is saying Na-Ga ? Is it a personal preference, or is it a basic fact ?

Also, I have a Key visual arts question

As we all know, Angel beats is getting 6 visual novels, 1 is out, and 5 are still in the process. We are also getting Harmonia this year. We also have some CG’s Na-Ga did for Charlotte for the market thing, with Yusa in her swim suit, along with the Holy Breaker girls, and Yui. My question is, where is Key’s moe headed ? For Angel Beats, the moe differs little to nothing compared to Rewrite. For Harmonia, we’re getting a new type of moe, that looks nothing like past Key works, and uses the eyes from Holy Breaker (Since, Itaru did both character designs). But for the Charlotte CG’s, we get a moe that differs from both, using A-1 Pictures’s kind of moe, in a way.

Also, another question. Is Itaru helping with the Angel Beats visual novel ? Na-Ga did the character designs, so did Itaru help with CG’s or no ?

I’d say they’re both pretty good it’s just I find Itaru generally makes really good designs (most the Rewrite cast) or mediocre (I personally don’t like the designs for most of Kanon or Air’s characters outside of Mai, Misuzu and Yukito). Na-Ga I find, while not making designs as good as Itaru’s best (although I do think he’s improving) are more consistent.

She doesn’t appear to be credited (at least on Wikipedia) in 1st Beat. I don’t think that means she do CG for future beats though.
You also made me think, with 6 volumes of Angel Beats Key’s staff might get bored of working on the same VN since I think 2012. Does anyone think we might more more mini projects like Harmonia or even stuff unrelated to Key but with their staff like Holy Breaker or Hibike’s Magic? It just seems like an awfully long period of time to work on the same game without anything else.

Relax. Key’s probably gonna get new writers, since Angel beats seems to be one of the most successful shows at Japan. I’m pretty sure everyone wants to be credited in “working on Angel Beats!” But I don’t want mini projects. I want another visual novel by Jun, a new concept, no Charlotte. Or a new visual novel by Itaru, hopefully as good as Rewrite but adaptable.

Not all of Key’s writers were even in 1st Beat. I didn’t mean getting bored as a worrying thing I meant it as “maybe we’ll get planetarian 2” or “maybe Kai and Itaru will go make a cool new manga” type thing.

I’m pretty sure they said something like Charlotte would be hard to make into a VN or something. I’m sure if Food Wars can get one Charlotte can but I agree. I also don’t think it’s likely for Jun Maeda to make a new VN until all of Angel Beats is out.

Do they want that for all 6 volumes though? If I was there I’d probably be fine with one or two but then again, I know nothing about how making a VN works so maybe doing 6 volumes for however many years will be fun.

I think Rewrite would actually be quite easy to adapt if done right.

The Moon route states: all the routes happened in different worlds so if they atleast hinted at that they could even keep the romance .

It would be cool if while working on Angel Beats other Key members worked on another big project but I’m not sure how likely that is.

It’s unlikely that Itaru and Kai would do a manga

I guess Charlotte will. I mean, if they paced it out and everything, it wouldn’t be surprising if there’s only 1 end, making the VN a kinetic, except it won’t be short.

I’m not talking about all 6 volumes. Just being credited to working on something from Angel beats is enough for someone to be happy. One of the most successful anime’s, and working on the visual novel, whether that’s 1 route, a CG, a music piece, etc.

That does make sense, but what would moon do ? Moon can’t be adapted into the linear format that they did for CLANNAD’s anime. I don’t think people would be fans of how (Rewrite spoiler) How Rewrite’s world resets many times and he ends up with each girl. I’m pretty sure people would want to see a linear format, rather than a reset

They were just the first two that popped into my mind that aren’t playing major roles in Angel Beats (I think Kai is directing so maybe I picked the wrong person)

I more meant it could work not that I want one. Most VNs based off anime I’ve seen take place in an alternate universe so it wouldn’t follow the anime’s story anyway.

Then that would fall under my original point of people getting bored of working on it and working on side projects as well.

Maybe they can spread the Moon stuff through the whole series like the Illusionary World (that was spread through the whole VN though)? start it with (moon) Kagari under the tree then Kotarou walking up to her and her attacking him then after each route show more and maybe after the second reveal the alternate universe thing .

Having the moon route be like that would kinda be pointless. For CLANNAD’s adaption (CLANNAD spoiler) CLANNAD was its own story, and the illusionary world was its own story, and in the end, it goes together and ties everything up, still keeping that linear format.

While for Rewrite (Rewrite spoiler) Rewrite is filled with separate stories that actually do have to reset, making it impossible to keep in a linear format, and having anime-only viewers understand. Moon does tie it all up, but it won’t have a linear storyline, due to the world resetting each time, Kotarou falling in love with each heroine, etc.

That format is heavenly from the perspective of a VN reader though.

Nah, just start each arc with an animation of Kagari’s blueprint being drawn. Just a quick line that branches out and leads to the start of the episode. Explanations can come after the routes.

1 Like

Look, maybe the OP didnt make it clear enough with its examples, but this topic is mostly supposed to be asking about facts about Key/VA related stuff, not opinions on just random things.

Like, not “What do you think about ____ ?” kind of questions, but “What is the name of ____” and “When did ____ happen?” kind of questions.

[quote=“Kotarou, post:63, topic:131”]
Is Itaru helping with the Angel Beats visual novel ?
[/quote]I havent seen the ending game credits yet, so I dont know for sure. But Na-Ga was listed in the credits as helping with general art/background stuff long before he was ever listed as head artist or character designer, so I think its possible that Hinoue could have helped in some way.

[quote=“Doublethree1, post:66, topic:131”]
I’m pretty sure they said something like Charlotte would be hard to make into a VN or something.
[/quote]Yep. Unlike Angel Beats!, which Maeda had said from the beginning he wanted to make it into a VN, theyve said at least a couple times that Charlotte will almost certainly not be getting a VN.

If you read the OP, I’ve provided numerous examples of the kind of questions that belong in this topic. As Yerian kindly explained, asking for peoples opinions on something is not this topic’s purpose; there’s an entire forum of topics for specific discussions like that.

For arguing with a moderator when asked to stay on topic and questioning his authority, you’ve been issued a strike and a 1-day suspension. This strike is permanent. If you receive three strikes, you will be permanently banned from the forum. Please don’t disregard your moderators when they ask you to do something; they’re here to help keep you from breaking the rules so we can all enjoy the forum together.

Question for the Key fans who live in Japan- Where would be the best location within Akihabara be for looking for SFW Charlotte and/or Angel Beats! merchandise be? (Eg. Posters/Figurines, ideally.) Thanks in advance for an answer, and I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong topic.

I am not from Japan, but since this month there is an event going on I’d recommend checking out what is mentioned in this article about the VA Summer Sale

@EndOfRefrain gave a prett good answer, but that’s only there til the end of August.

Generally, yes, Akihabara is the best place to go for any anime-related merchandise. For Key, specifically, Gamers in Akihabara has the best selections, for posters and tapestries especially.

Figures are a whole different problem because nobody produces Key-related figurines at the moment (until maybe some Charlotte ones are announced). As such, it would be extremely difficult to find them brand new. Thus, you’d be better off checking in secondhand stores such as Mandarake or Liberty13 for figures.

1 Like

as for Charlotte figures, I think they did announce a Nao one at wonfes, not quite sure though.

Naaaah that was a fake

oh, too bad.

I wouldn’t go there if you wanted there to be no NSFW items haha

Does anyone know if there is a way to apply an English patch to the iOS version of Kanon, Air or Holy Breaker?

@Slowdive Apparently there is a way if you Jailbreak your Iphone/ Ipod, but I don’t know exactly how.
This website may give you some explanations: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/531-android-xclannad/

this one is for clannad, but apparently you can do it for kanon too. don’t know for Air though.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Ah yeah I’ve heard of that. I know it works, but I’m unfortunately not in a position to jailbreak my device right now. In my original post, I meant to ask if it is possible to patch the versions available through Visual Art’s on the iOS App Store (the official mobile versions of Kanon, Air and HB)