Ask a Key fan!

Aww man. Osaka is sooo far T_T

Why haven’t I heard Key/VA mention this anywhere…?

I was wanting to know what the difference was between these two art books White Clover: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/43631 and White Clover ~Itaru Hinoue Art Works~ http://myfigurecollection.net/item/159751 . I own the second one and I don’t want a repeat of the other so I was just wondering what the heck the difference was? Is there more art in Itaru Hinoue Art Works version?

That’s actually a pretty good question! Though it might be too minor a thing for it’s own topic. Perhaps it could be moved to this topic (along with this post of mine):

To give an answer, I’m not sure myself. The first one was definitely released in Key 10th memorial in 2009, and was also released as a “luxury binding” edition. The second one might be re-release, made in 2013. I can’t confirm whether their contents are exactly the same though

Hi grooven. I’ve been asked this question a few times before, so I’ll provide you with the answer I posted previously so @Aspirety can move the topic if he so chooses.

The releases of ‘White Clover’ were as follows:

1. Limited first edition release, serially numbered hardcover in display packaging
  2. Replacement edition for first edition books with bad binding (First edition books with binding problems could be swapped out for a replacement hardcover book)
  3. Softcover retail edition (w/ Komari on cover)
  4. Name changed to ‘White Clover: Itaru Hinoue Art Works 1’ (white cover background)
  5. Limited ‘Art Studio’ event release of IHAW1 featuring a fully illustrated cover background

The versions you posted to here are the third and fourth releases, respectfully. There is virtually no difference between the books outside of a handful of pages of slightly modified material found in the 4th edition release. For all intents and purposes, they are equivocal. Note that the ‘Itaru Hinoue Art Works’ releases should not be confused with the ‘Itaru Hinoue Art Collection’ book released in 2006.

3 Likes

I have tried so hard to find this figure and I really NEED it!! If anyone has any information as to where I can buy this, please let me know! I saw it 2 years ago at Anime expo 2013 but could not buy it because I was out of cash. I really want this figure please help me, thank you! ( l l )

This is part of the Niitengo Key Memorial set by Chara-Ani. Cheap cute capsule toys. They come in parts and need to be assembled, so the quality of some parts can be worse or better than others.
The series has been discontinued of course.
A bunch of figures show up on Rakuten, although I don’t know how that site handles shipping.

They also released a Litbus and a Litbus EX set.

There are probably more places that have it in stock, but it’ll take some searching.

2 Likes

@AdrianLovesKEY
you can always use a proxy service such as Tenso if you can’t find a shop that ships internationally

1 Like

Thank you so much! I have Mio and Haruka already. I got them from AX. You guys really know you’re stuff I’ve been searching for hours haha thank you!

I was wanting to pick up a copy of Little Busters! Converted Edition for the Vita, is there a way to use an english patch on this version?

Nope!

I don’t believe the Vita has been hacked yet to allow patching at all. The best thing I can think of if you really want to play it on the Vita (besides hoping it gets released here eventually) is to get it on PC or watch a Youtube video while you play and read it through there but unless you just want trophies that defeats the purpose of getting it on Vita.

Question
Itaru Hinoue character designs
Or
Na-Ga character designs ?

Depends on the design. Na-Ga is the better artist, but he hasn’t had much to design.

I’d say depends. Itaru designed most of my favourite Key characters but Na-ga is more consistent.

2 Likes

Na-Ga’s designs are lacking for me. Mio’s, Irie’s, Fujimaki, etc.

How medically accurate is Riki’s narcolepsy in Little Busters? Can people with Narcolepsy really only experience one symptom, and not the others, and can narcolepsy really develop due to trauma.

Na-ga is better; his latest designs are getting stale though
Hinoue Itaru has improved a lot

Air in Summer question

Why do the Buddhist monks curse Kanna? Is it religiously/historically accurate for Buddhist monks to curse similar to how they did in this situation?

Coming from the anime with this question.

Most things presumably can. It’s easy for the brain to be messed with like that. Of course, it’s hard to define the cause, and there isn’t usually a single cause to every subject’s problems, but I think the reasoning for Riki’s is good.
Again, which symptoms a person experiences is up in the air. There are too many different variables. That’s why we just create a tag named “narcolepsy” and throw all fitting cases under it.

I don’t remember much about Buddhism, but they had a lot of curses. To curse a monster who is trying to escape is a good enough reason. The curse actually did stuff, so it’s not realistic, but it was very smart - A curse that keeps the monster away from humanity, no matter how many times they are reborn.
Despite their compassionate teachings, they were still a religion, and they were still facing the unknown.

1 Like