Anime Expo 2015

I do have a full video of the Itaru Inoue panel though it is very shoddy recording because of my lack of energy to hold up my phone for half an hour straight. Im sad I missed out on getting Itaru Hinoue’s autograph and not being able to get a copy of that shikishi, I did see the booth have a big stack of those shikishi so they might be giving it out or selling them.

4 Likes

Oh now I know who are you…
Too bad we didn’t meet and have a talk together. Hope to see you guys next time!

P.S. First time ever attended this huge event, so many people that makes me lost. xD

I met my twitter friends MDanish, Misuzu & CetraMagic. And met some new key fans too. Great stuff.

1 Like

wow, a perfect coverage.
so excited to visit and meet you guys one day

1 Like

Thank you so much for this excellent coverage of the event, Clannad_Man! You’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty.

2 Likes

You are so unbelievably lucky. I don’t know what I would do if I met Hinoue Itaru IRL. Probably bow down to her like in Wayne’s World and shout “WE’RE NOT WORTHY!!! WE’RE NOT WORTHY!!!”

Did you get to chat with her much?

1 Like

Great coverage @Clannad_Man , thanks for sharing the experience.
Yeah, drink and food prices are funny at conventions. Aren’t they?

So many things to talk about but: Is it me or she’s drawing Nagisa cuter? Her skills seems to have improved in all this time imho.

2 Likes

I do have one question, though. You seem so sure that November was always the scheduled release time, but this is news to everyone else I’ve talked to. The Estimated Delivery on the Kickstarter was October 2015. Was a November release announced elsewhere?

As someone asked & Itaru sensei answered, she does continue learning the new trends and put it to her art style.

1 Like

@Aspirety I’ve found this retweeted by Sekai Project@AX2015

[Clannad-Sekai tweet][1]
Sekai Project@AX2015 retweeted:
Carly B ‏@catgirl147

Free stuff/swag from Sekai proj panel. So like, Clannad question answered. nov 2015, steam too
[1]: https://twitter.com/catgirl147/status/617513341980905473

I know, we wrote an article about it.

I’m asking if it was announced before now, because CM is claiming that it’s always been November.

I see. Well, the estimated date was always October.
This is from an email sent to me (as a backer) on January 9th:

(…) Thanks for your support! You receive our undying gratitude here at Sekai Project and VisualArt’s/Key! Estimated delivery Oct 2015 (…)

Besides that “official” retweet (re November), I couldn’t find any reliable source or announcement yet.
I’ll ask them…

Expanding a little bit: “The precious date was always October, an estimation of course.”
http://sekaiproject.tumblr.com/post/105837622511/hi-there-congrats-on-the-clannad-and-grisaia

I had a few minutes so I figured I’d respond to the comments here.

@Pepe: No problem! I’ve done similar sprints before, so it wasn’t too bad… but it isn’t something I ever look forward to. I had a hunch Baba might stop by, so I’m glad my intuition was correct. As I mentioned, Key’s staff really seems to have a legitimate interest in the people they encountered!

@s0ewhat: I doubt Key will sell the shikishi, but there is a person at Key’s booth who was responsible for passing them out. She may be willing to give you one if you explain why you weren’t able to claim one.

@JimRaynor_2001: Hi Jim! If you happen to be at Ruykishi07’s panel today, perhaps we could meet up and say hi! Lots of Key fans around. Always a joy to see!

@RyuuTamotsu: Thanks for the compliment Ryuu! I’m happy you think highly of it.

@Aspirety: You’re quite welcome! I always try to do my very best.

@supercoobie: There was lots of bowing from people in line. I had a little more time than most people, but only had about 90 to 120 seconds in total. I offered my sincere admiration for her work and wished her well.

@zetaFairlight: I’m glad you enjoyed it! I’ll tell you what, the food and drink prices aren’t making me laugh! -.- And you are correct, Itaru Hinoue has been drawing all of the CLANNAD characters cuter over the past few years. This is simply a result of her evolving style and not something done to change the character’s personalities.

@Aspirety / @zetaFairlight: To be perfectly honest, I don’t pay too much attention to preliminary release dates because more often than not they get changed, especially for Key titles. I’ve always associated the release with Q4 2015, so I probably just screwed up and substituted the months in my mind. Sorry!

2 Likes

I’m glad to have been a part of all this! Looking forward to Sunday’s update =D

1 Like

All updated. I even added you to the coverage @fatblackninja! Glad to see you joined Kazamatsuri.

Awesome write up @Clannad_Man. A live violin performance in the middle of a convention is something I haven’t seen much of in Australia, but is something I wish did happen more! That would’ve been a fun experience.

So, my burning question at the moment is, did any of you mention Kazamatsuri.org to Key? And if so, how did they respond? I’m very eager to build some kind of relationship between Kazamatsuri and Key, so I want to know if our community has reached their ears.

1 Like

oh I for sure met you lol. I had to head out on wedsday (drove to my bros place first) so I didn’t check kaza since then, I tried checking once but it wasn’t loading on my brothers phone, anyways, when I got the signature I was walking away and you asked me if you could see the signature so I showed it to you (Little buster pe) I was that tall skinny white guy… I know I talked to you before that too, you said you were going in a suit so I figured it out but it was after I had already left and I didn’t get a chance to meet you again. That is too bad I wasn’t able to meetup for picture but I didn’t see the post since I wasn’t able to check this when I was there and tbh I was super tired that day and went back to the hotel at like 5 to sleep lol…

1 Like

For the record, your Bond pose was a solid 10/10.

1 Like

Thank you @Aspirety! I couldn’t stay for too long, but it was nice being able to hear Joanna play a few songs.

While it wasn’t the focus of my conversations, you’ll be happy to know that I did mention Kazamatsuri at the Key booth when I was taking pictures of it. That was actually why those manning the booth chose to move off to the side; they wanted to make sure I could get a clear picture to post. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a clear gauge of interest as everyone was busy catering to customers at the booth while I was focused on getting some other questions answered.

I did mention Kazamatsuri to several Key fans I encountered. There are certainly readers out there, even if they haven’t signed up. @fatblackninja signed up after I talked with him about Kaza, so perhaps some others will too!

@Mow: I certainly remember you! That was quite a nice signature Ms. Hinoue gave you; thanks for letting me see it! I was rather eager to get to her table and say hi. Seeing your autograph tided me over a bit, lol… We’ll have to try for another meetup next time! :slight_smile:

@fatblackninja: One’s got to look proper, right? XD

I found it awesome that Hinoue-sensei was still willing to give autographs if you asked politely yesterday, so I got the shikishi signed and even chatted with her a bit. By far one of the best guests at this year’s AX.

1 Like

Can you give us a link?! :smiley: I got a Nagisa shikishi with my ~rindou~ art book by Na-Ga. My friends gifted it to me as a surprise and told me it was a limited time offer when they bought the book for me. This was the last day, so I’m assuming they wanted to give away as much as possible before leaving?