Anime Expo 2015

Hey guys! Is anybody here going to be attending Anime Expo in Los Angeles on the 2nd - 5th July?

Anime Expo is in July, so my guess is no =P

Ummmm… Really?
Yeah I’m a month early, whoops XP

Well, regardless, are any of our members planning on attending? haha…

I’ve never been. I actually might be free this year, so i’ll have to consider. I’ve been to Dragon*Con before (once; the abundance of risque cos-play scared me away, and I have yet to muster the courage to go back).

I dream to go to dragon-con…

On another note- I WAS going to go to this but #rip.

Please someone go for me. ;_;

I could… But I haven’t been able to properly go visit family since Christmas due to work, and I have that week off to go stay at a place we have on a river with them.

If something else pops up during Q3/Q4 I might try to take time off and go however.

Hmm… It’s relatively close, compared to other conventions/expos. No idea if I’ll be able to go, but I’d like to. We’ll see what happens I suppose.

Main reason I ask is that, Key will be there, so it’d be great if we could send someone from Kaza over there to REPRESENT. hahaha.

I fully intend to attend Anime Expo. I am just waiting for a final piece of confirmation before saying for certain as I already received the necessary time off of work. I intend to follow all KEY/VisualArt’s events at the convention closely, taking photos, videos, and notes along the way. If you would like me to cover the convention for Kazamatsuri, I’d be happy to do so.

I received the confirmation I needed, so I will be at Anime Expo this year. (Hooray!) @Aspirety, if you’re still loking for someone to cover the convention for Kazamatsuri, I’d be happy to assist.

Also, VisualArt’s and Anime Expo both confirmed that Itaru Hinoue will be at Anime Expo for a Q&A panel as well as an autograph session! Huzzah!

3 Likes

@Clannad_Man, I’ll let you know if we need you.

I’m actually starting to consider attending this event myself. It’d cost me +$3000 for the trip, but I feel like it’d be worth it. I just find it absurd that so few of our community will be in attendance! We have so many members in the US who could fly there for only a couple hundred dollars, yet nobody is seeming to budge. This is a chance to meet not only Key and Itaru Hinoue, but people like Ryukishi07 as well! This may be a once-in-a-lifetime event. I’d probably be a lot more willing if I knew my friends were going to be there as well.

@NotKyon, @Suda21, @Gnashes, @Bowiie, @LinkThinks, @rune_devros are a few that come to mind. Are none of you interested in attending?

1 Like

I’d go but its to close of a time to make room and get a cosplay done Xd if it was in August I would but I work my last days on the 2nd to 3rd XD sorry! Besides I’ve never been to one so I’d be totally lost!

I’m on the other side of the country and also have stuff for school that weekend so I wouldn’t be able to make it.

It’s not that I’m not interested, I just can’t attend. Keep in mind that time constraints are a big factor, and shelling out money to fly out there as well as funds needed for the convention can get steep pretty quickly. If it was as easy as saying “I want to go” and going I’d be goin’ there.

1 Like

I’ve taken some vacation time to go spend with family that week. Unfortunately, my family means too much for me to ditch suddenly for something else.

I’m 100% interested in attending. I’ve just been trying to work out getting there. xP

[quote=“Aspirety, post:11, topic:1269”]
This is a chance to meet not only Key and Itaru Hinoue, but people like Ryukishi07 as well!
[/quote]Guwahwahwah! Dx The salt: It’s in the wounds.

Anyway, will let you guys know if I can make it. (I hope to, but it’s just hope right now. xP)

I wish it were being held in Sacramento. I could literally just walk there then and wouldn’t have to worry about any of the issues associated with traveling. Though that’s just me.

Ill be at AX. I plan to hit the key booth on day 1 hopefully I can get there without getting mob rushed.

4 Likes

And therein lies the root of the problem for me…

[quote=“Aspirety, post:11, topic:1269”]
This is a chance to meet not only Key and Itaru Hinoue, but people like Ryukishi07 as well!
[/quote]Yeah thanks for reminding me.

We’ve got our local con in two weeks and I just spent the last week working a side job to get funds for it so unfortunately AX isn’t really in the cards.

So I discovered it’s probably possible for me to go; in fact, I might be able to get free housing only three blocks away from the convention center, haha. But, to be honest, i’ve only watched a handful of anime and I was never into 18+, so I don’t know many people who would be interested in Anime Expo. (I’ve never seen half the anime they’re promoting…) And it’d suck to go alone.

Who else is going? Are y’all going to group up or do your own thing?

1 Like

As far as I’ve read from Kaza’s members, only you, I, @s0ewhat, and possibly @NotKyon will be attending. I happen to know a number of other Key fans who will be there and will be spending time with them, though I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to a Kaza member meet-up. Heck, we’ll probably be going to many of the same events anyways! ^^