Angel Beats! - Visual Novel General Discussion

Heh, so I just got all 3 routes, went back to title screen to find that… apparently true route is unbeatable? Mayhap I got to go back and find some flags–if it does work that way. Otherwise this may be intended until future updates.

The former does seem likely, as looking at the music menu, I seem to be missing some tracks. To any who reach this point, let’s compare notes, and hopefully we can get an indication if this is intended or not.

To my knowledge there is no true ending in 1st beat; that won’t be made available until 6th beat.

Tch, seems strange to put a teaser route in there… But, still digging through the game, so I’ll write back if something comes up.

I just finish Matsushita route :’(
Now come to Iwasawa route ~

Minor gripe while I play: why why why didn’t they just have Otonashi be voiced throughout the game (instead of only certain parts)?

what’s true route?

Not true per se, just that after completing all 3 routes, “Next Beat” is unlocked in the title screen, along with the main menu BG changing. The route itself gives off a feeling of a bad end. I’m suspecting it could be a teaser route for until the next installments.

http://220.133.173.197:1120/h/413d44849f99435d990d846bd906d9f1a2fd364f-1054033-1280-720-png/keystamp=1435551900-8358e7648a/evhs_0101.png
I had finished Iwasawa route, however, I can’t unlock this CG???
Anyone unlocked it, please tell me how to unlock :frowning:

an installment to 2nd beat, Or a sequel to three characters in 1st beat since all three characters are there

I think he means that there will be an extra beat - sequel to three characters in 1st beat.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Angel Beats! - Yui Route & Character Discussion

So does it follow one of three characters route?

For one it’s the norm to do that, but it’s also a big investment of resources. In any VN, the MC talks way more than any other character. Those are the biggest reasons I see for not doing it.

I hope a French version of this exist some day… I don’t have Little Busters, Clannad, Tomoyo After… Nobody have info of a french version ?

So far, the game only exists in Japanese, and there have been no announced plans to translate it. Given that before planetarian, no official translations of Key games into other languages have existed, don’t hold your breath. A fan translation may be a possibility, however.

Unfortunately, no. Only Planetarian is translated in French for the moment, and Kanon is currently translated. But the team have trouble to recompile the seen files.

Mission complete! And still 90% CG completion…

@Sakakino_Konomi Nope, still don’t have that too, but it’s just a matter of digging through the common route–most of the alternative sides, for example, occur just before Alive. The choices grow fewer after that episode until you’re railroaded to either a bad end or a route. When replaying, I generally reload after I reach monster stream episode… to my knowledge there’s little divergence at that point.

Will post final thoughts after 100%…

1 Like

I have just finished Next Beat (at 4AM :’( ) and unlock 90% CG same as you
Finishing 3 routes and Next Beat had just unlock 43% of Choice Progress :open_mouth: Such a really long script for this 1st beat. I think I need more 2 non-sleep days to unlock all the choice :’)

Anyway, 1st beat still not answered many secrets in anime, especially thins related to God. Beside Hinata and Matsushita life before death, just only Iwasawa route answers a big question in anime is: “In this world, there’s no love. If the love appeared, this world will become the eternal heaven which doesn’t allowed”

:slight_smile: Btw, my most fav route in 1st Matsushita route :slight_smile: However, Yui route make me cry most, Ichiban no Takaramono is so sad and moved. I can re-experience all feeling I had when I watched anime :slight_smile:

I can’t read for a bit since I’m working but have you talked to Hisako? I think I discarded that playthrough right after, but there is a flashback scene involving her past, and of Otonashi making her realize her feelings for a certain vocalist.

did you buy the full game and just play in Japanese?