Angel Beats! - Visual Novel General Discussion

Here is walkthrough for anyone strucked in the complexity of choices :slight_smile:
I think we should use walkthrough to unlock all of the key of AB!, if you choose 1 wrong choice, the story will go to another route => (fail)
http://seiya-saiga.com/game/key/ab1st.html

Huh? Are choices that specific in this game? There’s way too many choices for it to not use some kind of point system like in every other Key game.

Hello, I believe the writer of that walkthrough’s still experimenting like me. I’m done with two routes, but I have the feeling there’s yet more to uncover from the game, be it a secret muscle/oppai route, a true ending of sorts, or something like Clannad’s baseball route. The thing to emphasize is the novel is crammed with choices, some of which I believe to be kind of inconsequential.

Will report back if the game runs on a strict point system or not.

People have already determined that the name choices in the beginning, for example, actually impact things that happen much, much later.

So, it’s like we’ve gone back to the classic era of Tactics/Key VNs where choices are concerned?

I moved 2 posts to an existing topic: Key Game Tech Support Topic

I just got a bad end :frowning:

Hey, did you have any problem opening the program with AlphaROMDie?

yes I had one! but it was just that I simply copied the data on a wrong folder.
…are u having trubles?

I’ve a question regarding somewhat minor spoilers. Is it a rule of thumb that minor differences between “common route” and the anime episode flow (i.e. events during the Guild Descent, etc.) need to be spoilered in this thread?

You’ll have to confirm with Biz, but my understanding is that the common route is free game, but route spoilers should be posted elsewhere. Still, even for the common route, if you feel like it’s a spoiler then you should tag it just to be safe.

Is there a way to find it translated?

No translation exists right now. Refer to our Angel Beats! Information Page on how to read it: http://kazamatsuri.org/angel-beats/

Heh, so I just got all 3 routes, went back to title screen to find that… apparently true route is unbeatable? Mayhap I got to go back and find some flags–if it does work that way. Otherwise this may be intended until future updates.

The former does seem likely, as looking at the music menu, I seem to be missing some tracks. To any who reach this point, let’s compare notes, and hopefully we can get an indication if this is intended or not.

To my knowledge there is no true ending in 1st beat; that won’t be made available until 6th beat.

Tch, seems strange to put a teaser route in there… But, still digging through the game, so I’ll write back if something comes up.

I just finish Matsushita route :’(
Now come to Iwasawa route ~

Minor gripe while I play: why why why didn’t they just have Otonashi be voiced throughout the game (instead of only certain parts)?

what’s true route?

Not true per se, just that after completing all 3 routes, “Next Beat” is unlocked in the title screen, along with the main menu BG changing. The route itself gives off a feeling of a bad end. I’m suspecting it could be a teaser route for until the next installments.