Angel Beats! - Visual Novel Details & Ongoing Speculation

The delay is unfortunate… but we knew they had a lot on their plate. I’d rather purchase a bug-free game than a buggy one, even if a patch would otherwise be released. At least the delay is much shorter than those for prior Key releases!

2 Likes

And now, my ISP block Key’s website. Great, just great. -_-

Are there any other information there? Please summarize for me.

internet positif? =.=
curse them.

delay, huh…
oh well. If that’s what it takes to turn AB into the greatest KEY VN ever, then I’ll wait~

1 Like

Tch! One more month. Then again, May was a complicated month for imports >.<

Yup. It doesn’t appear in the listing anymore. Then again, I still have the preorder in line

You know what else I noticed in the OP- None of the other ‘pulses’ or ripples give this effect. Only the very last one, the one after not-Hatsune.

INTERESTING.

1 Like

Well, the delay works out for me actually. I can properly budget a preorder of AB!-1st- now, heheh. :slight_smile:

(The waiting part is still unfortunate though.)

2 Likes

Found this on tumblr, from Key RADIO Fes!!. If anyone can help translating it would be nice.

6 Likes

I’m excited to see more of the adventures of Lolicon.

3 Likes

I can finally be an official lolicon in a Key VN. Best vn ever

About the [Trial Edition][1], will it available for download or limited physical event-only disc?
[1]: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/special.html#ab_trial_haihu

No announcement yet; I didn’t really follow if they released Rewrite’s trial version online, so I can’t base it off of what they did in the past x.x Maybe somebody else knows?

They indeed released Rewrite’s trial version online, but I didn’t know if that’s from day one. Didn’t pay attention back then.

Few more CGs and dialogues.

Edit: 4gamer ver has more variations.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/244/G024415/20150428183/

4 Likes

So in addition to them posting a lot of CGI online, they also posted a ton of pictures on their twitter.

and my all time favorite out of all these ones

SHIRTLESS HINATA, OOH BABY. Other than that, there are A LOT OF dialogue options, and if they all do have their own independent routes and impact to the story, that would be waaay too awesome.

7 Likes

Oh man. Brilliant. Every time I think “There can’t be even more CGs for that scene” or “I can’t get even more hype for this”, they give just a bit more. And its amazing. Thanks a bunch, @Zak89 and @Shadowhammers!

Btw, @Bizkitdoh, I think that silhouette from the OP that you posted looks to me like just Kanade playing the piano

Ooh yeah, Yui is one lucky girl ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But yeah, all these gameplay screenshots really make me think there was a problem not with the game itself, but perhapse the printing of one of the limited edition items that they planned to include, hmm.

1 Like

No I’m talking about the effect of the ripple. It’s digital and blue and stuff instead of just being a ripple.

So is there a point when you just cannot play the game anymore?

I would imagine that the routes unlock again once you finish all the routes.

1 Like

I’ve played the trial edition, and it’s a bit weird as there are some choices that are greyed-out.

One example is that, on the second day, you cannot reach the Guild (because you end up falling when you try to climb Yuri). At first, I thought it was because it was the trial version, and they locked some scenes, but I suddenly remembered that, as they were approaching the guild, Yuri starting telling Otonashi about her past.

As such, I have a feeling that reaching the guild on the second day might be Yuri-route content, which we won’t see until future beats.

4 Likes