Angel Beats! - Visual Novel Details & Ongoing Speculation

I don’t think they are going to cancel the whole Angel Beats! project, but with Summer Pockets being their next big VN release right now, expect at least a big delay in the Angel Beats! VNs…

1 Like

Such a shame, but as long as they’re going to release it I’m not gonna complain

Well, the main writer did have a heart attack and is still in no condition to write apparently. All we can do is wait. I imagine it’s going to be a long time before we’ll have all six Beats.

3 Likes

any news on the English translation, or if there is a fan on at all? i haven’t heard anything in forever.

No news yet… VisualArt’s are very secretive about the development of their localisations.

All I can say is, don’t expect it any time soon. I’m gonna take a stab in the dark and say 2018. Late 2017 if we’re especially lucky.

I don’t see it happening until 2019 at least. Weren’t they going to localize Rewrite first?

No guarantee. It’s all pretty vague and mostly based on information that slipped out at that one convention. But there’s no reason they can’t have different groups working on the games at the same time.

Is jun maeda still hospitalized ? I don’t understand how VN companies like key works, but why did they start a new project (summer pockets) while the angel beats VN project is having a hard time?

He’s out of the hospital now. The reason why they couldn’t do that is because AB is totally Maeda’s control, and it’s kind of a bad business decision to have staff in, say, the music or the art department to sit around doing nothing while waiting for the story to be written. So they spread out and got totally different writers for Summer Pockets instead.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, as they say

3 Likes

Oh, I’m glad to hear that. I was worried!

I do love that (true? made up?) story of how Maeda just threw an idea out there during a group meeting (after fruitless deliberation) and boom! everyone loves it, and you have your Summer Pockets plot.

I don’t remember where I heard this story, so maybe it’s false. But it does fit my all too high expectations for his plot writing capabilities.

The truth is that VisualArts held a competition among it’s staff for anybody to come up with a great concept for a Key game, and well, Maeda won ^^;

Makes me wonder what all the non-maeda submissions would’ve been like…

4 Likes

could it be possible they’re working on all of the beats right now, so they can release them with a proper schedule, instead of working one at a time.

and on the chance we do actually get a continuation, do you guys think we’d get more additions to the common route?

I hardly doubt that is the case… even if it were true I doubt another beat of Angel Beats will come out for a very long time…

1 Like

Heh maybe key will release 2nd beat when half life 3 comes out. On the bright side, there’s a new manga coming; maybe that’ll be a substitute to the VN. It really sucks, what would’ve been 6 months until the next beat is now 2 years and we’re still counting :frowning:

I hope at least 1st beat gets translated, the arts are amazing. Maybe we’ll get Charlotte as well at some point, who knows?

1 Like

there’s already a russian patch, you could play the game while translating it with google translate its actually pretty understandable. as for the game you can buy it on amazone for around 70 usd. Charlotte wasted a lot of potential and i would LOVE to see a vn to cover all the flaws. but like you said who knows? it all depends on maeda.

…Or they could just, you know, play the Japanese version and use a text hooker to translate it so that they won’t lose more meaning than there was already lost in the Russian patch? :yahaha:

I can’t russian and I don’t want to machine translate it pfft
It feels like it’s gonna ruin my experience of the game, like that time I played Katawa Shoujo in french and never understood why it was so liked.

true true, i just Want to (1st beat spoilers) romance iwasawa and learn matsushita backstory with cohesive words before i have grand children y’know?

Makes sense