Angel Beats! - Visual Novel Details & Ongoing Speculation

In VN terms, usually All-Ages refers to no H-content, and therefore, not 18+. Even VNs like Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua, which censored not only H-content, but also language and violent CGs, was technically 15+.

1 Like

Found CERO Ratings. No way AB! can get all age rating there, so either there’s another rating scheme or there’s another game version.

Personal computer games (including dating sims, dōjin soft, eroge, and visual novels) are rated by a different organization, the Ethics Organization of Computer Software (EOCS).

The EOCS has three levels of ratings for software:
General: All ages.
Restricted: Must be 15 or above.
18+: Must be 18 or above.

Hmm I’d never heard of the restricted rating before… must be because so few VNs would actually fit into that category. Anyways, I guess that means I was probably wrong about F/SN RN /shrug

Heres the EOCS website if you’re interested: http://www.sofurin.org/htm/about/rating.htm

Rewrite Harvest festa has this rating.

1 Like

Yeah Japan generally uses the kanji which means “all ages” to refer to VNs without ero content. However, these things are often rated by CERO or EOCS as well, and they usually classify them as 15+ like harvest festa is

KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hype train has arrived at its first stop!

1 Like

An order of #AB1st awesomeness is coming my way!

MINE TOO MINE TOO.
PEPE HAS IT WOOP WOOP
So exciting!

Do we have any data on who wrote Matsushita and Iwasawa’s routes?

I think I may have heard somewhere that Kai was largely responsible for Iwasawa. Of course that might just be my memory playing tricks with me, so take that with a grain of salt xP

Maeda Jun write for Iwasawa and Kashida Leo write for Matsushita.

1 Like

Do you know who wrote Yui?

I do not know at this time. But anyway, all route was sorted by Maeda Jun, although Kai and Kashida Leo also write some scenarios. That means, Matsushita can be wrote by Kashida, but Maeda also work on it in many ways.

1 Like

I would have guessed Maeda since he wrote it for the anime /shrug

First update we’ve had in a while! On the official Charlotte/AB twitter, they teased the fact that Takamatsu has been moved to the top of their character page…

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/character.html

EDIT: So, does this mean he’s in 2nd beat? And what’s Takajou doing there?

It seems to be just a quick gag with advertisement on the side. I wouldn’t complain about Takamatsu in 2nd beat, he was a boss in a certain scene. As long as I get a route for Irie, Sekine or Yusa I’ll be ecstatic.

1 Like

Also, I didnt see anyone mention it, but back in July there was a -1st beat- 1.01 update. Seems to just have fixed a bug that sometimes broke the “right click to toggle the text window” feature.

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/download.html

I totally missed that earlier.

From my awful knowledge of anime-Japanese:
Takajou goes zooming past and crashes. Takamatsu stops to ask if he’s okay before noticing who he is talking to. Takajou apologizes for the crash, and then stops once he realizes who he is talking to.
“I am you??” They both say.
Takajou quickly shuts the idea down, introduces himself, then runs away, not before they both namedrop what franchise they come from.

So it’s the running joke.

1 Like

Both figuratively and very literally :wink:

2 Likes

I’m speculating Yui’s route having a Good Ending and a True Ending. The good ending looks like it can be the ending we saw in the anime where Hinata tells her he’ll marry her…whereas the True Ending might possibly be Otonashi doing the proposal. She might not be obliterated when that happens and she’ll probably stay around longer but these are just thoughts.
Also there’s a CG where Iwasawa has a wedding veil on like Makoto’s ending in Kanon :’ ( sob…