Angel Beats! - Visual Novel Details & Ongoing Speculation

KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hype train has arrived at its first stop!

1 Like

An order of #AB1st awesomeness is coming my way!

MINE TOO MINE TOO.
PEPE HAS IT WOOP WOOP
So exciting!

Do we have any data on who wrote Matsushita and Iwasawa’s routes?

I think I may have heard somewhere that Kai was largely responsible for Iwasawa. Of course that might just be my memory playing tricks with me, so take that with a grain of salt xP

Maeda Jun write for Iwasawa and Kashida Leo write for Matsushita.

1 Like

Do you know who wrote Yui?

I do not know at this time. But anyway, all route was sorted by Maeda Jun, although Kai and Kashida Leo also write some scenarios. That means, Matsushita can be wrote by Kashida, but Maeda also work on it in many ways.

1 Like

I would have guessed Maeda since he wrote it for the anime /shrug

First update we’ve had in a while! On the official Charlotte/AB twitter, they teased the fact that Takamatsu has been moved to the top of their character page…

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/character.html

EDIT: So, does this mean he’s in 2nd beat? And what’s Takajou doing there?

It seems to be just a quick gag with advertisement on the side. I wouldn’t complain about Takamatsu in 2nd beat, he was a boss in a certain scene. As long as I get a route for Irie, Sekine or Yusa I’ll be ecstatic.

1 Like

Also, I didnt see anyone mention it, but back in July there was a -1st beat- 1.01 update. Seems to just have fixed a bug that sometimes broke the “right click to toggle the text window” feature.

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/download.html

I totally missed that earlier.

From my awful knowledge of anime-Japanese:
Takajou goes zooming past and crashes. Takamatsu stops to ask if he’s okay before noticing who he is talking to. Takajou apologizes for the crash, and then stops once he realizes who he is talking to.
“I am you??” They both say.
Takajou quickly shuts the idea down, introduces himself, then runs away, not before they both namedrop what franchise they come from.

So it’s the running joke.

1 Like

Both figuratively and very literally :wink:

2 Likes

I’m speculating Yui’s route having a Good Ending and a True Ending. The good ending looks like it can be the ending we saw in the anime where Hinata tells her he’ll marry her…whereas the True Ending might possibly be Otonashi doing the proposal. She might not be obliterated when that happens and she’ll probably stay around longer but these are just thoughts.
Also there’s a CG where Iwasawa has a wedding veil on like Makoto’s ending in Kanon :’ ( sob…

The game is out no real need to speculate. I and others can prove or deny your theory if you want. Also, should probably spoiler tag the kanon name.

2 Likes

Key just announced on Twitter that they’ll be selling a downloadable version of 1st beat on DMM! The DL version costs 6,800 yen (excluding tax) while retail copies of 1st beat normally cost 7,500 yen (excluding tax).

I have personally never purchased anything from DMM before, but since they seem to have English support I’m assuming they accept foreign cards as well? If I’m wrong about this, feel free to correct me.

3 Likes

Soooo any news about 2nd beat? Its already been 2 years! Please tell me it didn’t get cancelled… :disappointed:

I don’t think they are going to cancel the whole Angel Beats! project, but with Summer Pockets being their next big VN release right now, expect at least a big delay in the Angel Beats! VNs…

1 Like

Such a shame, but as long as they’re going to release it I’m not gonna complain