Angel Beats! Quotes & Screenshots

Use this thread to share your favourite quotes from Angel Beats!, and help make this thread the definitive collection of Angel Beats quotes! You can post screenshots or text. Only rule is to avoid catch phrases like “Gao”; they’ll be considered spam and you’ll be punished. As a guideline, try to keep the thread in a healthy balance of funny and serious quotes, without drifting too far in one direction. Let’s get started.

“I believe we only get one life, and it’s right here. Only one. This is my life. I won’t hand it over to anyone. It can’t be stolen. I can’t force it on anyone, or forget it, or make it disappear, or trample on it, or laugh it away, or beautify it. I can’t do anything about it! It’s all just what it is. Cruel, but irreplaceable. All we can do is accept our one and only life. That’s why I will fight, and why I will continue fighting. Because a life like that is unacceptable!” - Yuri Nakamura

2 Likes

That’s right. Our weakness is that we’re stupid.
~Yuri Nakamura

Even if you couldn’t stand or walk, even if you couldn’t have kids, even so, I’d still marry you! I want to be with you forever and ever. The Yui I met here wasn’t a fake. You’re Yui. No matter where we met, I would have fallen in love with you. Even though its a 1-in-6 billion chance we’d meet… even if you were already paralyzed when we met… I’d marry you.
~Hideki Hinata

By the way, would TK quotes be considered spam? They all just seem so catchphrase-ish.

2 Likes

The voclas screamed and grivered for me. The ones who put the act of common sense were wrong. Those who cried were right. We, the lonely ones, were more human. They screamed at the absurd, beat it down, and destroyed it. They saved me.
~Masami Iwasawa

Hope this one counts.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if TK quotes are allowed, but I’m gonna sneak one in as a demonstration of the Quote syntax!

> Dancin' in the shadows!
> -- TK

Turns into

Dancin’ in the shadows!
– TK

Even if we forget the faces of our friends, we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls.
~ Otonashi Yuzuru

1 Like

Excuse me, did your brain melt and slip out of your little nose?
~ Yui

2 Likes

If the world’s best selling product is the best thing, then the world’s tastiest food must be instant noodle.
— Shīna

1 Like

I’m sorry for asking, but do you know who said this and when it was used ? And if there’s a picture with that quote on it ? Since it was on the Angel Beats! page, as the first thing I saw

“I believe we only get one life, and it’s right here. Only one. This is my life. I won’t hand it over to anyone. It can’t be stolen. I can’t force it on anyone, or forget it, or make it disappear, or trample on it, or laugh it away, or beautify it. I can’t do anything about it! It’s all just what it is. Cruel, but irreplaceable. All we can do is accept our one and only life. That’s why I will fight, and why I will continue fighting. Because a life like that is unacceptable!”

Check the OP XP

Its from episode 12 of the anime when Yuri is almost turned into an NPC

1 Like

I usually watch anime subbed, but a few years ago I bought the dubbed version of episode 4 of AB! on iTunes. It’s probably one of the funniest episodes (or so I think) and so I have a lot of funny quotes I like from it.

“Is this death metal?” -Fujimaki when Yui hangs herself with the microphone

“This is a normal high school,” -Yuri But clearly it’s not

“Otonashi, I really need you, man,” -Hinata
“Sure you’re not gay?” -Otonashi
“NO! I need you for the team!” -Hinata

“We’re like bosom buddies! Haha, it’s kinda embarassing…” -Hinata about Matsushita

“My, if it isn’t the death metal girl with a killer performance!” -Hinata
“Do I look like I’d perform like that?” -Yui
“You most certainly do”- Hinata

“You sure your brain didn’t melt and ooze outta your nose?” -Yui
“You little! I’m your upperclassmen!” -Hinata
“Excuse me, what I meant to ask was did your brain melt and slip out through your nose?” -Yui

“Ever since that day… I’ve been balancing this stupid broom on the tip of my finger.” -Shiina
“She’s a moron,” -Yui
“Yeah but she’s a powerful moron.” -Hinata

“Strength alone isn’t enough to grab Yurippe’s attention.” -Hinata
“Very well.” -Noda
“The moron! He doesn’t even realize he’s being used.” -Yui

“Way to go TK! It’s a total mystery what you did before you died!” -Fujimaki

“You’re dislocating my joints! I won’t be able to hit a home run!” -Yui
“No-one’s expecting you to!” -Hinata

“Go team!” -Hinata
“Yeah…” -Otonashi
“Yeah…” -the rest of the team
“I kinda think we seriously lack team spirit.” -Hinata

“Don’t play by yourselves!” -Hinata
“Even death can’t cure stupid!” -Yui

“Prepare to get your butts cleaned!” -Yui
“You struck out twice already! You just keep your mouth shut! And it’s ‘prepare to get your butts kicked’! Wiping your butt is a hygiene thing!”

Tl;dr every conversation between Hinata and Yui

“One person needed courage to face the past.
Another person needed effort to make a dream come true.
Yet another person needed time and friends.
What about you?” -Otonashi

Is that quote from the alternate ending?

Yeah. Should it be in spoilers?

I don’t think so. Out of context, it doesn’t really give anything away.

“I want to save someone, just as I was saved. I finally…found it.” - Masami Iwasawa

Wasn’t your life the real deal too? You were the one who worked hard! You were the one who struggled desperately, weren’t you?!” - Yuzuru Otonashi

I only wanted to love you, to make you proud.” - Yuri Nakamura

1 Like

From the very end of the series, a quote by Kanade:

This is the one moment that always gets me–the only part in the entire show where I cried, and I still do cry when I rewatch, always exactly on this line.
Now, I personally don’t like this translation; the version I remember seeing somewhere before stated it a bit more poignantly: “Prove to me that what you said was true–prove to me that life can be worth living.”
Either way though, her apparent need for evidence of Otonashi’s claim that life is beautiful really speaks to just what a tortured character she really is, and when you combine that with the scene’s beautiful visuals, Ichiban no Takaramono playing softly in the background, and a great voice performance from Hanazawa Kana,
you get the only scene that really does get me every time, and it’s always on this very line.

3 Likes

“I’ll keep singing for everyone even when I’m wetting myself.” – Yui

“Your guitar work is killing this band” - Kanade