Angel Beats! - Ooyama Character Discussion

Discussion of Ooyama’s character in Angel Beats! and Angel Beats! Heaven’s Door. As of now all known information about the Angel Beats! anime and the Heaven’s Door manga may be discussed without the usage of spoiler tags, so be wary if you’re not familiar with them.

Discuss the extraordinarily ordinary boy.
The Hype Train has a monk on DPS.

2 Likes

Iya iya iya…

3 Likes

Riki?

2 Likes

He is, isn’t he? (Sorry I was having fun for those who saw this when it went up)

On a more serious note- Man I love this guy.

1 Like

Now we all know what Ooyama’s regrets are. :smiley:

naoe ooyama, his regrets are that he (Little Busters!)wasn’t able to save the little busters, so he led a sorrowful life, he dyed his hair and started using lenses after rin left him!!

4 Likes

I love Ooyama because he’s almost like the exact opposite of all the other characters. Like, everyone else is really interesting because of some characteristic that makes them unique, but Ooyama is literally as plain as possible.

And yet we know he had some kind of crazy past, so disturbing he says he never wants to talk about it.

Hype train verdict: INTERESTING

I feel as if his story is deeply routed in romance. I’m pretty pumped to see more of him.

Also, some fun things thrown at us by Jun that isn’t that noticeable. His name is 大山 which is Oo-yama and those kanjis stands for big-mountain. And as we all know, he’s the exact opposite on that. Just a cool easter egg by Jun.

So… Ooyama was a pimp in the real life, yeah? :wink:

5 Likes

How could I not like the only my fav sniper in the SSS ;).
Looks badass with his sniper rifle imo.
Dont know anything what is in HD about him, but I look forward to see if we will get to know him better in the VN :p.
And something tells me as soon as I get more info about Ooyama he would become my fav char.

2 Likes

Bringing this back, I can’t seem to find anything on the Wiki, but wasn’t it established that Ooyama has like… Been in the Afterlife for a very, very long time?

At the start of 1st beat, Hinata says that Shiina and Ooyama have been in the afterlife longer than Yurippe. Don’t remember anything else.