Angel Beats! - Miyuki Irie Character Discussion

Discussion of Irie’s character in Angel Beats!, Angel Beats! Track Zero and Angel Beats! Heaven’s Door. As of now all known information about the Angel Beats! anime, light novel and the Heaven’s Door manga may be discussed without the usage of spoiler tags, so be wary if you’re not familiar with them.

Let’s all talk about the ‘Miss Thang’ of Angel Beats!
The Hype Train is indeed phat.

MY ANACONDA DON’T WANT NONE UNLESS YOU GOT BUNS HUN.

Damn it Kaza let me post in all caps.

So what is there to know about this girl? I haven’t seen her in the manga and she had like 2 lines in the anime. I feel like everything I know about her personality is from preview screenshots.

4Koma and Track Zero bonus chapters has a pretty good amount of Irie. She’s a cutie and all about da boyz. There’s also the twitter conversations. She’s MIZZ THAAAAANG and it’s pretty amusing.

B-but muh perfect vision of a shy girl who’s gay with Sekine

1 Like

She’s still that, just she get’s a bit jealous and things at times.

“Iya iya iya” - Irie in the VN

CONFIRMED FOR RIKI WHO DIED AFTER BECOMING A TRAP.

1 Like

Really, the most characterization I’ve gotten from Irie is her discussions with Sekine on Key’s official twitter. And yeah, she is preeeetty much an attention whore. See, when they were announcing the winners of the character poll, Irie was just depressed that she was only 6th place in the character polls.

Which is why, on April 1st, they granted her wish and made her top 1 in the character polls! Which of course came with the bonus of having Na-ga draw her naked :stuck_out_tongue:

This girl is a bowl of contradictions, is she shy or an attention whore? Does she like boys or is she gay with Sekine? Is she small and petite as she seems or is her ass really that phat?

2 Likes

I’m kinda curious to see what Key is gonna do with Irie’s character in the vn since she seems to be getting a lot more popular and with the type of character she is (kawai shy girl) Key can make a lot out of this for sure. Also I’m all in favor of more Irie since she is indeed such a QT.

I still like Sekine a lot more but Irie is a fun kind of character with all her quirks. Should be a really fun one.

I don’t quite sure if Sekine’s description is supposed to be taken seriously.

Sekine’s description isn’t fully accurate, HOWEVER it’s a guideline. From Twitter and 4Koma I can assure you that she’s not exactly wrong, otherwise those chapters would be pointless. Just like how Masami is insane and Hisako is a dirty cheat. All true.

1 Like

Hmm, to me, it seems that Sekine’s and Irie’s personality in Track Zero is reversed. But, yeah, that’s only my prejudice based on the leaked CGs and scenes. It just doesn’t fit.

Sekine isn’t miss thing, she’s just a prankster, is mega overdramatic genki and loves messing with Irie.

Finaly Irie appear in Heaven’s Door ? Nobody have the link of the scan ?

Only rumored to be one girl who MIGHT be Irie who asks out Mitsumura, and the drum girl who has appeared looks -nothing- like Irie and looks more like a Yui. Like, incredibly so. My money is on another temporary girl who will probably get obliterated to be honest. If it is Irie, then I’ll be impressed. Very not-Irie looking- HOWEVER she does look QUITE Mizz Thang, so that’d be one wicked twist.

Several Iries?
Clearly they both combine into the true Irie and that’s why her personality is so conflicting across sources, it’s several people as one gril.

Currently going through the common route to do Iwasawa’s route, and I can’t get over how nosebleeds-inductively cute Irie is. Irie replacing Ooyama in episode 5 was marvelous. Her story can not come soon enough.
http://puu.sh/jB3rr.ogg
z0400_004829

With Miyuki making her appearance in HD #71 and 72 which just released yesterday, we have some stuff worth talking about. In 1st beat Irie is just a side character for Iwasawa’s story, but I got the impression that she is someone who wants people to like her. In 72, she mentions being made fun of because of her personality, and she uses very different language when she’s alone. I’m pretty sure what they’re going for is something about her acting very nice and ladylike while she’s actually more girly. So her story might be that she wanted to have lots of friends but was bullied instead. She often mentions not wanting to be a bother to people, so I’m looking forward to seeing what that’s about.

2 Likes