Angel Beats! - Heaven's Door Discussion

Well at least the school buildings have to be self sustained in some way since some characters have been there for a very long time and the damn thing looks like it was build yesterday. The food is also reappears in some way so the wild life should run by the same rules right?

Seven Seas Licensed Heaven’s Door. 1st Volume releases Feb. 9 2016 http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-03/seven-seas-licenses-angel-beats-heaven-door-manga/.90052

4 Likes

Yes! Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Hey guys I’m new, I have just finished angle beats so obliviously I’m an a emotional wreck, but could someone explain what Heaven’s Door is actually about, does it carry on from where the series ends and does it feature the same characters?

Also, welcome to Kazamatsuri, @CoffeeAndAngleBeats

cheers its a shame that there isn’t one continuing from the end of the anime I would have loved to see what happened to them all a bit like in clannad after story.

In case anyone missed it, Seven Seas Entertainment released the first volume of the Heaven’s Door manga in English last week on the 9th.

1 Like

I absolutely love how much dialogue Shiina has gotten so far, one of my favorite characters in the Angel Beats series.

“If popularity were a sign of quality, instant noodles must be the best noodles in the world” or something something

1 Like

I couldn’t get myself to commit to reading the manga. So I just skipped to the parts where Yusa was introduced.

My gosh ! This was great ! This gets me excited for Yusa’s backstory ! Poor Yusa… I can’t imagine what she might have gone through when she was alive… The very fact that Ooyama even acknowledged that she might have had a horrible past sets up a lot.

Yusa - Best girl

But I did love the Shiina scenes too. Her senseless lines gets me laughing everytime :slight_smile:

What a great prequel to Angel Beats! Does Yui get introduced in the prequel ?

Wow what a casual :michioh:

Considering that Yui really only becomes involved with the main SSS in the anime, I am guessing not; but hey, I could be wrong! Heaven’s Door is still ongoing, up to now

2 Likes

Firstly, fuck you.

No you haven’t even read it yet, you can’t say that…

Sure, Yusa is a great character and it was a great arc, but no, I can’t agree with your approach here!

1 Like

Eheh… Sorry :yahaha:. I’m not exactly a fan of their slice-of-life activities in manga form. I’d rather have it in VN form or anime form since you can actually hear their voices (which makes it better because the casts of Angel Beats is very great !)

And okay, I’ll change that then… What a great prequel to Yusa’s backstory for Angel Beats! :smiley:

I’m convinced that the plot of Heaven’s Door is being laid out in a way the maximizes the number of pretty drawings of Yurippe in different outfits. Definitely not complaining, and other characters do get some attention, but there’s an overwhelming amount of Yurippe.

EDIT: orz I went and caught up on the manga and am now stuck in the miserable state of having to wait for new releases.

1 Like

The next release is the 27th of this month but we’re waiting for artwork…

The release on the 27th is just a collection of already released chapters; each new chapter only comes out once a month from the Dengeki Comics magazine

Yeah. That’s what I mean. >.>

Has all the SSS members been introduced by now, or are there some still missing ?

Even in the Japanese releases, there are quite a few still missing. IIRC TK hasn’t been introduced yet, neither has Fujimaki (but he has apparently appeared sneakily in the background or something like that). Also Irie and Sekine haven’t appeared yet either.

1 Like

Eh? I thought both TK and Fujimaki had been introduced by now

1 Like