A Kud Wafter Anime is being planned. No, really

I really don’t see why if Key/VA can crowdfund an anime for a Kud Adaption, even a theatrical release (as implied), why they couldn’t crowdfund movies/ONA’s/OVA’s for the Rewrite heroine routes, nor Tomoyo After.

Little Busters! isn’t even that popular or known in the west, and Kud is the only VN that hadn’t been (fan)translated to be released, and also has only a small fraction of Little Busters!’ popularity. I don’t see how they could get enough money overseas to help.

Of course it may be popular in Japan for all I know. They definitely won’t get much overseas though. Any of their other titles would get more funding overseas, and that’s a fact.

1 Like

With how much attention we’ve been getting lately (official translations, Harmonia being released in English first) its easy to forget that VA’s number one priority will always be Japan. And that’s OK. Even if we have to grin and bear Kud Wafter.

I noticed that on the banner for the LB! tenth anniversary, it says “Mission 01”. Could this mean they have more things in store for LB Tenth anniversary?!

I’m just a girl, on a journey to see all beauty and cute this world has to offer me.

Yes you can check the video I posted above or the LB 10th aniversary poster. So far they have planned:

Mission 1: Kud Wafter anime adaption project
Mission 2: Little Busters shikishi present
Mission 3: LB birthday mission twitter campaign
Mission 4: Merchandise sale
Mission 5: LB English version project

This is just my opinion but i think it probably because this is an experiment to see if this will be more successful than tv broadcast.
One of the reason they choose it to be a theatrical release was because they saw how much success/popularity movie like your name got and realize it might get much broader reach and profit that way. KW is a prefect candidate for the experiment for various reasons and J.C already said they wanted to make KW anime waaaay back.
And for all we know they probably using this to announce KW english edition afterward(that would explain why they waited this long to make KW anime instead of just do it after LB anime is finished)

Well I’m not interested in KW but I want to see how this whole thing went.

Are we sure about this being a theatrical release? As far as I can tell, VA has only referred to this as being an anime adaptation so far. The recent Kazamatsuri article doesn’t mention anything like that either.

I didn’t watch the stream so I don’t know what was said there but from what I read in the japanese report,it said that there will be several stretch goals and the final goal is for a theatrical release. I supposed nothing is set in stone yet and they might change it to something else if it doesn’t reach that goal so everything is vague for now.

And please correct me if I’m wrong about this.

They definitely mentioned something about a theatrical release in the stream, I guess we forgot to include that or decided against it for some reason. @Pepe @HeliosAlpha

They don’t make anything definite because they obviously don’t have the money for it yet. They emphasize like three times that the kickstarter has to succeed before anything. Even the Moetron picture says that a theatrical release would be a like final stretchgoal.

So it’s a possibility. We should report that in the article

Seems like the crowdfunding has already started https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/36314?token=9z1gn33a

so the first goal is a 30 million yen goal for a 20 min OVA.

Nice to see though that the 400k yen rewards sold out instantly and 20 percent is already funded (edit 33 percent now)

I heard they still doing crowfunding for Kud Wafter OVA…but someone in twitter upload this picture…looks like an official pv to me…

Here’s the link https://twitter.com/higanbana07/status/887634184784584705

And gladly I can see Rin and Kyousuke right there

2 Likes

Yes, a PV was shown during the livestream.

EDIT: Official PV from VA channel.

I am so happy to see Kyousuke. :heart: And the other Little Busters as well!

9 Likes

Whoa the pv actually seems pretty cool, it shows kengo and masato as roomates then kyosuke and rin as roomates and of course kud and riki. This seems very different from what kud wafter was doesn’t it? It seems like it is going to show the rest of the cast way more which imo is very very good. I was very skeptical at first but I think I will actually like this.

4 Likes

and funded :slight_smile:

I’m a little bit concerned that one OVA won’t be quite enough to tell a complete story (though, considering how much of the visual novel was apparently filler, when you condense the plot down to its essentials, perhaps it wouldn’t be so hard to tell :stuck_out_tongue: )

Although I internally griped that J.C. Staff’s artistic work on Little Busters just didn’t have the nuanced body language and well-crafted vistas of Kyoani, I’ve come to hold a greater respect for them after seeing how visually mediocre the Rewrite anime was. The colors are really vibrant and upbeat, complementing the light hearted, energized nature of the core cast, and considering it’s an OVA, I imagine the character designs will stay consistently on model thanks to the more manageable release deadline. I know OVAs are difficult to license, but I could see Sentai picking this up when it comes out if they had the resources to do so.

3 Likes