A Kud Wafter Anime is being planned. No, really

Yeah, we're not sure how to react either.

Today, president of VisualArt's Baba Takahiro wrote a start-of-the-year blog outlining VisualArt's plans for 2017. In the blog, he mentions that VisualArt's are in the process of planning to assist in the development of more and more anime series. In particular, the

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/a-kud-wafter-anime-is-being-planned/
1 Like

This entry made me remember something: https://kazamatsuri.org/kud-wafter-anime-confirmed/

Donā€™t tell me itā€™s another April fools, not to mention itā€™s still January.
And no, donā€™t tell me its January fools either (I know itā€™s not funny).

Well, if itā€™s true then Iā€™ll be looking forward to watch it (because thereā€™s no English translation for the VN, so I have no idea whatā€™s Kud Wafter is about).

Also donā€™t tell me that the animation quality will be like Rewrite anime.

This is interesting. Though I havenā€™t played the game yet, and I donā€™t have anything against Kud or what, itā€™s strange that Iā€™m more interested in seeing this anime crash and burn amazingly rather than do well. :yahaha:

In any case, I think this will be an OVA similar to One: True Stories, iykwim.

4 Likes

Reads post
I see, interesting. Hope they make it a good one.
wait a minuteā€¦
Looks at own profile picture
Oh right.
Omg. :kudshock:

I want to read the read the japanese version of Kud Wafter, took me all a day find, install (the VN) and config the PC for playing it but I donā€™t have enought japanese idiomatic level right now.

ć‚ćµć†

I donā€™t really care about Kud but Iā€™d like to see a slice of life show with lots of Riki in it.

1 Like

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

18 Likes

The actual joke would be if they manage to make it into the best Keyā€™ anime adaptation. Just somehow.
With awesome animation, solid budget, powerful seiyuuā€™ workā€¦ seiyuuā€¦
RIGHT! I wonder if they will call Horie Yui-san for Rikiā€™s role :3 Love her voice.

5 Likes

Please keep Haruko Iizuka. Thatā€™s all I ask. I wonā€™t be complaining about more moelicious Riki, thatā€™s for sure.

This is one adaptation I wouldnā€™t mind them taking liberties withā€¦ such as having cameos of other Little Busters members. Even if itā€™s just a bit with them leaving for summer vacationā€¦ please?

4 Likes

You know I was about to say yeah sure why not, it canā€™t be that bad, probably just gonna be a boring show.

Then I remembered there is another Key spinoff that has yet to receive an adaptation, and yet they went with this one. Now Iā€™m salty.

11 Likes

I mean you said best key anime adaptation, and, considering the 15 golden loli sex scenes are probably cut, that leaves us with a rather short VN without any proper branches as far as Iā€™m aware, meaning adapting it faithfully in whatever short amount of time theyā€™ll have should not actually be a bit problem, meaning, quality of the source aside what we can expect is one of, if not the best, key anime adaptations.

ā€¦pfftthahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sure it will probably be boring.
But you know what? It could also adapt all the sex scenes.
Thatā€™d be quite the spectacle.

12 Likes

Kud anime would be baller.

Kud Wafter probably has the sheer hours to make a cour, but of course it would be as extremely uneventful as the VN. I think itā€™s pretty likely that theyā€™re thinking about an ONA like planetarian. Also, I suppose this is a way for Key to actually make money from an anime (RIP Coffee Festa). Either way, Iā€™ll look forward to A-chan senpai and UI while not giving a shit about all the other ā€œdevelopments.ā€

Inb4 kud wafterā€™s plot developments are as big as kudā€™s ā€œplotā€ developments.

8 Likes

I know so little about the game, I honestly donā€™t know what to expect. Iā€™ve heard itā€™s pretty boring, but as someone who can appreciate Oneā€™s Future cuteness when Iā€™m in the right mood, it may not be so bad. Iā€™m not expecting anything good, but if it manages to make me go ā€œdā€™awwā€ from time to time like the OP can, Iā€™ll be satisfied.

Imagine if this becomes the Prisma Ilya of Key and gets 3+ seasons of lolitastic action.

10 Likes

Iā€™m kind of worried though wouldnā€™t be surprised if this ends up having a higher production value than Rewriteā€¦ If they pull it off in that regard with fairly decent animation and whatnot it panders directly to the generic Blu Ray buying community in Japan, so it would honestly be a good move for them.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how to feel about this

I donā€™t think anyone is.

3 Likes

While part of me does wish that Tomoyo After got adapted, I guess weā€™ll see what theyā€™ll do with Kud Wafter. Not to mention anime fans from everywhere will now get to listen to the wonders of Oneā€™s Future. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like