A Kud Wafter Anime is being planned. No, really

I wouldn’t mind if it’s J.C Staff again. All they need to do is change the director from the one in the original into someone more competent and with more experience, then we can be assured that it will turn out good.

I actually heard a mixed reception with Kud Wafter but then again I’m not exactly fond with it. I like Kud, since she’s one of my favorites from the entire series… but getting her own spinoff would be nice or not, that depends really.

I started reading Kud Wafter probably 5 months ago and I’m not even halfway through. So that tells you how I feel about it, at least.

Although, who knows? Maybe it could make a decent SOL anime if they trim some of the scenes that drag on far too long, as well as the H scenes. They’d have to cut a lot though, and it’s not SUPER long in the first place as far as I’ve heard. So yeah. Mixed feelings.

give me a Komari cameo or I riot

8 Likes

One leap closer to a Kud Wafter anime adaption. Really happy with this news, even though I already saw it coming. So when I saw the april fools (the Kud Wafter anime adaption) on this site, I was laughing; because I already knew that this april fools might actually become true. Would have been really surprised if they announced Tomoyo After instead.

1 Like

YES! Finally, Kud gets an anime. (Who cares about quality? Kud is luv. Kud is lyf.) It’s been so long since I read the VN. This wets my appetite.

2 Likes

it is a shame that the Little Busters are mostly absent of the VN, I believe. But to replace them, we will to have more of A-chan senpai and Kanata.

When I first heard about Kud Wafter getting an adaptation, I was really surprised about it. I thought they would have done Tomoyo After which probably would have been interesting. I mean I love Kud and she’s really cute too. Since I didn’t play the VN, I’m very hesitant how it’ll proceed. It’s probably not just me but I guess some of us feel that way. I heard about the H-scenes in the VN that was really questionable about Kud’s behavior with Riki and stuff. They might end up taking those parts out and just focus on their love relationship. Who knows.

I listened to One’s Future once and that song was very catchy and it had a really cute vibe that I couldn’t get out of my head. It could turn out to be SoL which maybe considered boring to some. That’s fine and it’s no problem. I would love to see A-chan Senpai and Kanata yet again. Anyway, we’ll just wait and see how see how this adaptation develops.

I don’t know much about Kud Wafter since my only contact with it was a few chapters of the manga, but…

if J.C. is gonna do it, they have my blessings. They will probably get a minuscule budget and will have to make do with a low number of episodes, but I trust them to make an ok adaption regardless.
However. They must not, under any circumstances, allow that horrible, horrible sound director anywhere near the project! Never!

Looking forward to Kud, Kanata and A-chan-senpai!

2 Likes

So apparently it’s a crowd funded project? https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/880065930801184768

Probably saw the success(?) of Nekopara? Or maybe just a trend going around.

I’m not sure about Japan but everyone I’ve seen here that’s read Kud Wafter has called it garbage while Nekopara has a pretty sizable following. Plus if they’re aiming for a theatrical release they can’t have H-scenes. I’m pretty sure Nekopara won’t either but the Steam release of that didn’t and that’s where it’s most popular in the west.

Call me a masochist but I want to see the animated Kud one more time :yahaha:

ぐっどもーにんぐえぶりわんはぶあないすでー

Do not underestimate the marketable Moe Moe Power that is Kud. She may not have the power to stand against Key’s impeccable line of heroines to discerning Key fans, but for the casual Moe-mation consumer you have a character with considerable more depth than many of her peers, and an S-rank character design. This anime will make them money.

2 Likes

I’m hoping that there’s a VN translation stretch goal. I’m staying away from the adaptation until I read it for myself.

That’s going too far. She may have gotten her own spin-off that many seem to hate but that doesn’t make her a bad heroine overall. Actually, I’d have trouble acknowledging someone who looks down on her that much as a “discerning Key fan”.

3 Likes

I am actually a fan of Kud myself, though I suppose I don’t rank her towards the top of my favorites of All of Key. I was mostly being dramatic and poking fun at how serious the hate for Kud Wafter gets :ahaha: Though I stand by the assertion that her marketability goes beyond anything pertaining to Kud’s canon personality and content of stories and her face alone will continue to sell both the good and the bad products alike.

1 Like

I’m reading a spanish report and seems like are going to appear characters like Masato that aren’t in the VN… Now I’m reading JC Staff and seeing the haters incoming :nonono: (I actually liked the JC Staff adaptation but probably I’m going to try reading the Kud Wafter before the anime like I’m planning to do with EX routes :yahaha:)

I feel like @kyuketsukimiyu is our resident moe expert.

Finally more Kud Wafter news; this really made my day and filled the void in my heart a bit again after finishing that SukaSuka anime. Seems they have planned quite something for LB 10th anniversary (and probably hurt my wallet)

Hopefully someone that can understand Japanese better than me can summarize the important points from the video.

According to the video Masato will indeed appear (Jump to 17:13 in the video)

I don’t really mind JC Staff either; I think they did a decent job on LB. KW is a lot easier to adapt than LB and I wouldn’t mind if they took some liberties in the adaption. Also this means at least 8bit will keep their hands off Kud Wafter. I also read somewhere it’s going to be a movie (hopefully at least 2 if that’s the case) but I can’t find a confirmation.

1 Like

The original announcement of the crowdfunding campaign mentions they want to give it a theatrical release but it could be planned as an ONA that will release in theatres too.

1 Like