Who is your favorite girl in Little Busters! and why?

That one’s going on the ‘shit taka says’ wall.

2 Likes

If you were so proud of all that, then why would you be embarrassed to do the “YOSH!” out loud when people are around?

my vote goes for komari!! because YOOOOSHI!!! and all about her, she’s utterly kawaii, I mean, her voice, her hair, her face, I really love her and her worldview is the best, the spiral of happines, her enthusiasm, her overwhelming optimism!!! everytime Im on a though situation I yell YOSHIII and everithing goes better!!!
On the other hand, everybody talks about kurugaya when it comes to the best lb! girl… I got to say that I didn’t like her in the vn, I mean, she was so mature for riki and coudn’t bring myself to like them as a coupe. In general, her characater did not convince me at all in the vn, but I got to say that I really loved her in the anime, for me it was the best heroine route in the anime.

1 Like

Actually, I’d say Haruka had the best arc in the anime. Also, the first time I watched Refrain, I was actually very disappointed with how it ended for a handful of reasons, but that might change as I rewatch it (only at ep 12 of season 1 now)

Gimme images, music, voices, and an option to skip large portions of text without missing something visibly important and I’m sold. Remove all that and all you have is some pointless ink on a page.

Plus she reads in public, which just feels wrong to me. It’s as bad as people who look at their phone all day. You’re in a social environment. Make use of it or get out.

2 Likes

That’s pretty harsh, don’t you think? Not to mention that she does leave the social part of the environment and goes to her tree to read. It’s not like just being at school demands that you be social.

3 Likes

My high school life in a nut shell.

2 Likes

the first time I watched the anime, I said that as well, and I tought about her as the best girl on lb!, I loved her mischeviousness and her route almost made me shed tears but when refrain’s animation came out I actually shed tears with kurugaya’s route, so for me her route got the first place in regarts to anime adaptation.

I’m a harsh person when it comes to judging characters. The Litbus cast is incredibly flawed, so I don’t have a positive outlook on it.

She sits in the courtyard, right? Near to the vending machine. Where Kud plays with her dogs. Where people sit at benches in summer. Where people walk to get from one building to the other. She’s not an Akane who goes out into the freezing cold when no sane person would. She’s no Mai+Sayuri who go to the top of a staircase that no one is likely to go up.

If you aren’t at school to be social, then I don’t understand why you’d even be at school honestly. If you aren’t talking to people then you are just… sitting… and wasting time.

I’m very passionate about how people waste their time, OKAY!? cries

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tomoyo After: ~It’s a Wonderful Life~ Discussion dfkajs;

That must be a nice fantasy world you live in where going to school isn’t mandatory and enforced by the law. I envy you.

That aside, Rin is my favorite girl. She’s cute and funny and has some of the best interaction with Riki, although I don’t ship them together. I can really empathize with her shyness and awkwardness too.

5 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, with whom do you ship Riki?

I passed the education age a couple years ago =w=

They are good friends, but Rin just isn’t at the stage where she understands that stuff.

1 Like

Guess it’s argue-with-taka night!

People who like reading good stories? If you like good stories and a good has a book story then why not read books? Sure, I can get that you hate bookworms, but put a little rationality into statements like that

I totally get that from Haruka since it’s part of her inner struggles during her route but really, Komari? I try to not be biased when I say this, but how is Komari trying too hard? How is she trying in order to be happy? She kind of wears her heart on her sleeve and you can pretty much figure out if she’s sad or happy. The only exception is her trauma which is simply too subconscious for it to be something she lies about.

Now there’s something I can agree with :stuck_out_tongue:

Simply because she likes the environment. While I do agree that reading in a place where you are expected to be socializing is extremely rude (e.g. at a dinner table or a party), I don’t see how she must be compelled to socialize by being in a public place…

5 Likes

And the format of a book instantly makes any story less than good for me. It just feels lifeless and dull.

She feels fake. It’s annoying. You can subconsciously lie, and it doesn’t make it any better.

Oh, she shouldn’t. She should be herself. I just don’t like herself.

A note: While everyone may have their views- Please do be kind enough to not stamp out another opinion if you have your own view of, say, life. Kindly disagree and share thoughts, sure, but do your best to not refute someone else’s honest beliefs. <3

ALSO STAY WITHIN ARM’S REACH OF THE ROOT TOPIC- NOT GIVE OR TAKE A FEW ASTRONOMICAL UNITS.

Carry on~ Luh you. Stay classy.

Also Kurugaya da bes still.

7 Likes

Best girl is Riki.

7 Likes

Haruka for being an insane and hilarious character even when she literally has so much shit going on. Seriously, I’m jealous that she can put on a happy mood so not to worry anyone.

Best girl best route.

2 Likes

Can’t decide between Kanata and Saya, it’s basically choosing between cute and funny. Why can’t Kotori be in all games so I don’t have to think.

2 Likes

I’m so conflicted on this topic, honestly I’m finding it hard to vote :z

SO lets just go some of through them:

Haruka - I actually really liked Haruka. And her route was a great story, also being pretty much the only one that didn’t have direct references to the over-arcing story line. But I just can’t call her best girl. I don’t know, maybe she’s just not my type.

Komari - she’s really nice… and thats all I can really say about her. Her route was on the lower end of things, and I just didn’t feel like I could connect to her. Honestly, my favorite part with her, and where I feel she had the most development, was in Refrain. Thats not a good thing for only showing up for one or two scenes at the end. Like I explained in her discussion thread, if what we saw in Refrain had been expanded on throughout the whole story, she could have been one of my favorites.

Yuiko - Sorry Yuiko fans, but I just did not understand her. Why is she super smart? Why is she super strong? Why can’t she understand feelings very well, which pretty much is the reason behind her character and everything she did as a whole?(<-This one was the real kicker) I kept waiting for the moment where they explained why she was the way she was, and it just didn’t ever come. And she certainly didn’t seem to me like a good fit for Riki (Although ironically I do think that Riki was a good fit for her). Here route was interesting though, albeit confusing~

Mio - Here’s where it starts to get hard for me. Mio was probably my favorite character route. I hit me extremely hard, and I related with it on so many levels, over and over again. Every single line had meaning by itself, and then another meaning later in the route, which was amazing. But Mio as a character… eh. She was written really well, and only she could have fulfilled her role in the story. But I just don’t really… like her? I connected with her a ton, sure, but I don’t know. I guess I’m not really into the shy, quiet type in the “best girl” sort of sense.

Saya - I’ve always liked Saya for some reason. Who knows, maybe I won’t like her when I actually meet her. But I haven’t read her route, so I can’t call her my favorite yet

So that leaves Rin. Yes the oh so controversial childhood friend. I honestly think she’s the best pair with Riki, while other people say she’s the worst. To those people I say: If If you chose its enough, then you all lose anyway because she’s literally the only one left for Riki and he for her. If you chose its not enough, then theres not way you can tell me both the redo of the The Last Dream scene, and the scene in the clubroom with all the girls don’t show that Rin has grown strong: strong enough to understand, and strong enough to even be on her own maybe.

Sure, I will agree that she was childish, and underdeveloped to the point where it seemed like they forgot to add a bunch of her “growing stronger” and “becoming friends with Komari” stuff in. If there had been a little more of that, then there wouldn’t be any contest for me. But I’ve always just liked her. I liked her long before I had ever read LB. And the 3 ends of her route(s) were three of my favorite moments of the whole story. So now that I’ve used this huge wall of text to straighten out my own thoughts, I’m gonna have to choose Rin.

1 Like