VisualArt's/Key at AFA SG!

VisualArt’s/ Key will be at one of the largest overseas conventions of the year, Anime Festival Asia in Singapore! For AFA, they have goods made in collaboration with The Anime Man, a popular YouTube streamer who you might know for being one of the first people to play Little Busters! in English! Firstly we have a tapestry and keychain featuring The Anime Man, as well as a towel with characters from Angel Beats! and The Anime Man. Once again we have goods seen in Character1 such as the Little Busters! 10th Anniversary ArtBook, full-graphic t-shirts featuring illustrations from Angel Beats! and planetarian, and they seem to have restocked on planetarian ‘reflection’ art. Key’s gametalk panel with The Anime Man will be held at the SUPER AKIBA STAGE between 12:40 and 13:40. They will be talking about Key’s latest English release, Little Busters! English Edition, followed up with a Q&A session. Last of all, autograph sessions for The Anime Man are available every day from 14:00-14:30. An autograph ticket will be given to those who have bought merchandise from the stall. What are you looking forward to the most from AFA? Let us know in the comments below!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/visualartskey-afa-sg/
1 Like

I don’t really follow The Anime Man or anything but I gotta say, those collaboration goods are totally rad! Wouldn’t mind having that towel thing :yahaha:

Same, it looks like they really put effort into making those, I really wanted to go ;_;

It saddens me how it’s so close, yet far from reach ;_;

1 Like

I know that feeling all too well…

Looks like they did awesome in sales! Almost everything was sold out :slight_smile:

One day I will get a dango pillow.
In the meantime, I will continue to ponder which color is best.

2 Likes

What about a rainbow dango? :chu:

2 Likes

I visited them on the second day and of course, I spent a considerable amount of money there. The Key + THE ANIME MAN GAMETALK was not very interesting as it didn’t have new information on VisualArt’s future plan and was more towards promoting Key as a brand and its titles. Most of it was The Anime Man (Joey) and Baba chit-chatting on Joey’s experiences of Key’s titles. During the Q&A section, someone asked about the release date of Summer Pockets, and as usual, Baba gave the same answer he gave during CharaExpo this year. The date is related to Jun Maeda’s name… Jun… lol. By the way, CharaExpo’s VisualArt’s panel was better as it showed the full colored sprite of the main protagonist and heroines.

There were prizes to be won at the end of the AFA talk, three ~rindou~, a Na-Ga signed illustration and a Itaru Hinoue signed illustration. An example is shown above. The grand prize is the most valuable I think because it’s a signed message from Jun Maeda himself! It also includes a personal figurine from Joey’s collection. On the conditions on how to win these, you just have to raise your hands and pray that your luck is god-sent that day… they randomly chose the winners from the audience |  ̄ヘ ̄|

I also picked up the Key Steam Sofware lineup flyer from the booth and it has updated to a four pages version. You can view the it at https://goo.gl/ijYBcW

3 Likes

Flaming June?

Anyways, what’s with that flyer? Did they forget that the also just released Little Busters on steam? In both English and Japanese?? Well whatever it’s still pretty cool I guess…

2 Likes

Ooh thanks for the upload :smiley: Well, considering the guest line-up, I guess that sort of event was expected. But hey, at least you still enjoyed it :umu: