Tomoyo After - Tomo Arc Discussion

She came to a similar conclusion at one point in her own route when Tomoya was in emotional duress. But… I think having them do it literally on the spot outdoors was over-the-top. There’s also the uncomfortable implication that Kanako might have seen them, hence why she left early.

I wouldn’t put it past them, s’all. I mentioned in the coming podcast that maybe it’d be more believable if we read the H-scene-filled prologue instead of the one shown on Steam

Fair enough. Though, this version does mention from time to time Tomoya and Tomoyo have done the deed.

1 Like

This is a bit of an old post, but I kinda reread the Yuuko backstory part of this arc not too long ago, so I felt like talking about this. I totally buy the possibility that she may have been a hostess, largely due to how her and Tomo were being ostracized when others found out about her job.

As for her disease, I’m a little iffy about the possibility that she contracted HIV. The VN was extremely vague about it; there’s not much details about it other than that it was terminal and she was feeling fatigued. Amusingly, she mentioned how it was the kind of disease seen on TV dramas.

The only J-drama I remembered actually watching was, like, 1 Litre no Namida, so I don’t think I’ll be entirely sure of what she could have meant. If it helps, most of the soaps I’ve seen loves using traffic accidents cancer as their biggest plot twist, but again, I’m not sure if that’s the case for J-dramas.

Well anyway she could have simply meant she got the exact Soap Opera Disease trope haha.

What I really liked about this arc was how Kanako and Tomoya were able to give a goal to the villagers who had lost their meaning in life and the conflict between Tomoya and Tomoyo. The final scene was great and emotional too.

3 Likes

There’s something about that scene, it’s timing, the dialogue between Tomoya and Tomo and the use of the main menu theme (it’s name escapes me at this time) that pushed me to tears, it’s not necessarily one of the saddest scenes in key works… but the way it combined and executed all of those things did well to illicit an emotional reaction from me.

Truly a masterpiece of a scene.

2 Likes

For me what hit me the most was the fact that Tomo still considers Tomoyo as her mother thanks to all she did for her. I’m pretty sensitive about that and the musics were well used too.

I think you are talking about " Hope " ?

2 Likes

Ah cheers

2 Likes