Tomoyo After Bookclub Podcast 1: Tomoya Arc

Welcome to the very first podcast of the Tomoyo After Bookclub! We're very excited for you to join us on this journey. Your hosts for this podcast are Aspirety, Pepe, Karifean, DangoDaikazoku.

A big warm thank you to all the forum members for their discussion of this arc! Shoutouts to

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/tomoyo-after-bookclub-podcast-1-tomoya-arc/

Well that was an outro…

1 Like

A very enjoyable podcast I should say. The beginning was really hilarious and I was laughing so much listening to the podcast, especially with Takafumi talking as a foreigner which got me so good with those statements. There were some valid points I thought were good. I like how it was mentioned about Tomoya’s insecurities that made him feel that he has to fight the thugs so he can be able to protect Tomoyo might have not been the best course if he had told her instead of keeping his pride. On the other hand, he would not be able to grow as a person if he let Tomoyo dealt with the thugs by herself and eventually that would complicate matters leading to the bad end. Tomoya would need that self-confidence and to rely on others, with Kanako teaching him how to fight rather than taking matters in his own hands. Tomoyo is not perfect and she makes mistakes too and Tomoya has his own struggles yet he has a purpose in life which makes him keep going to become strong not just for himself but to progress as an individual.

On a lighter note, I really like the dynamics between the characters themselves and how they have their own unique personality traits despite problems each of them were facing. I have to agree that the music is what really stood out to me. The track “hope” at the beginning was really outstanding and I think it paved the way for introducing the story as it is remarkably beautiful in its own way. I also like the tracks “old summer days”, “worth living”, and “Dear Old Home” (both original & piano version) as well. Anyway, the last song used in the end was worth every moment. :laughing:

1 Like