Taka's community event! Rap Cypher

Hopefully this doesn’t become as inactive as Kanon’s event

Hey guys! Here’s a bit of fun for everyone with a microphone. A rap cypher!
Now if you don’t know what a cypher is, it’s traditionally a type of group freestyle rap that follows an order. One person will begin the rap, send it to another person to continue, and so on.
I say “traditionally” because this is a little different. Due to the small size of our community right now, passing the rap onto a specific person is both limiting participation, and pressure for the person called out. In this event, any passers by will be able to chip in. Another difference from the ‘traditional’ cypher format is that instead of using the same beat for all our raps, each of us is allowed to choose our favorite key song/cover and use that as the backing track. This adds a nice personal touch.

So rules:

• The rap must be primarily about Key, and must be backed by a Key Sounds Label track (or a re-arrangement or cover of KSL’s tracks.) You can reference Kazamatsuri in-jokes, and poke fun at specific members as long as you aren’t offensive… Everyone should know what each person accepts as a joke by now anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
  • You CAN call out someone to continue the cypher, but other people can join in without being called out.
  • Raps should be uploaded to somewhere easily accessible such as Vocaroo or Youtube
  • No spoilers. Don’t ruin any of Key’s stories for others. We all know how it feels.

I think that’s everything. I hope everyone joins in! If we get enough people, they should totally go on the Kazamatsuri Youtube Channel. It’s pretty empty right now…

Here’s my entry to kick everything off! I chose my own personal cover of Mai’s Theme - Shoujo no Ori (from Kanon) as a backing track… and it was hard to follow ^^;
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0wUicDrGPa9

Here she is
so listen up
Imma tell you about best girl
Huh?

Quiet, shy, and she barely speaks
but secretly a living miracle

Breaks out into a sprint
ahead of any competiton

Fight back, prepare to get wrecked
Oh!
Your age of death is her decision.

Key writes their next big VN
and time quickly passes us by

But alas, it doesn’t matter
none will be quite as good as Mai
so Key can go on and keep wasting their time.

'Cause she fights
at night
You should know my opinion is right
Oh!
But you waste
your time
fawning over girls from Litbus or Rewrite

No way, you actually like
girls from something like Clannad?
Sorry to say, but you need to know
that trash was as bad as some Sonic fanart.

Air? As if!
A story so bad it flew into the garbage.
Speaking of flying, or failing to do…
And yeah, we know Yurippe jumped.
But Angel beats fell flat much faster than her