Super Mario Maker - Share your Levels!

Hey all! Since Super Mario Maker just came out for the Wii U, I thought I’d give it a topic so all out community’s makers have a place to share their level creations! I still haven’t had a lot of time to tinker with it yet, but once I have a level I’m confident enough to share, I’ll be sure to post it here! In the meantime, would you like to share any of your own levels? Or just share your thoughts on the game!

1 Like

Really enjoying the game so far.
Haven’t made a level since I unlocked everything, but here’s a level that I made that I liked enough to upload:
A0EB-0000-0015-6D5B
It’s called Leaky Castle, and it is immediately apparent that there are hundreds of pipes in the ceiling dripping fireballs.
This is present throughout the whole level and you have to dodge the fireballs and the enemies and stuff at the same time. It’s probably easier than you think!

I’m pretty excited to try and make some puzzle levels, and maybe some shoot 'em up levels too, although I saw pretty decent one of those already.

1 Like

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJokDQAw Here’s my first level. Starting off with something brutal, the Wall Jump Challenge! If any of you consider yourself a Mario expert, try taking it on.

1 Like

Can you beat the 20 Second Sprint Challenge!!

level Title: 20 Second Sprint Challenge
ID: 3786-0000-0022-98E4
Description of Gameplay Elements:Sprint to the flag in 20 seconds or less.
Images / Video: http://i.imgur.com/0y8ka16.jpg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhnpdC_TQ

This is what I came up with with the default tools. The real stuff needs to unlock faster so I cna do things.

I just finished exploiting the system to unlock everything. All you really need to do is use every new block once, and then spam blocks everywhere for a while. Make the map max size, grab a block and scribble across the screen while scrolling, clearing whenever you reach the block limit. Do this for under an hour and you’ll have everything unlocked.

1 Like

Oh my god this game is so good.

I have just spent the better half of two hours trying to upload my first real level, my ass is firmly blasted, it was a great experience! I’m super satisfied with this level.

D151-0000-0026-F451

Don’t read this until you beat it!

The best part of my level is how utterly FLAWED it is, in my clear runs I was doing almost nothing as I intended, my level is a piece of shit and I left all those flaws in on purpose.
The first jump is fine, that’s unchanged from the second it was put down. The Koopa hop was orginally one block higher and was stupid hard to do, so I lowered the block and in the process, made it possible to jump up there without the Koopa hop, which also lets you bring his shell with you, not huge, but makes it a bit easier.

The spike clusterfuck went from ‘eh’ to super cool when I unlocked Mario World and the breakable bricks became spinny and made the timing an actual thing, I used to have Bowser there and he was a really good obstacle…who unfortunately was a bit too RNG, if he shot his fire int othe air too early, you were fairly screwed. It’s also here that I learned that it’s really easy to make Mario jump higher. Originally the platform the Koopa land on was supposed to be impossible to return too, but I was mistaken. Another ‘flaw’ that that brings is that you can bring a shell with you to the next section, not intended, and frankly, I found it to make the next obstacle so much harder that it wasn’t worth it for the hammer bros.

The skull raft and flamethrowers isn’t supposed to be hard, but it ended up being a pretty nasty gate to bringing a shell with you accidentally, so that’s super fucking cool.

The hammer bro room is wack, I placed those two spiny as the very first thing and never moved them, they really seem to be in the worst places at the worst times. Other than that, this part is fairly solid, barring some bringing shell with you shenanigans.

The spike room at the end can fuck off. What’s wrong with me.

Solid experience, better than anything MGSV would give me, I made the right choice.

1 Like

Mmmmm, this game. Made a few levels, mostly puzzle ones that are less reaction-based and more thinking.

My most recent: 73D3-0000-0023-B78A - @Bonecuss beat it but nobody else I’ve had play it has been able to do the slightly more challenging platforming bits.

A fun one that I made when I only had trampolines to play with: E851-0000-0015-0A4D

EDIT: @Kanon, I beat your level you disgusting sack of shit.

1 Like

Good job!

Beat it, I spent more time blowing the koopa hopping than I did figuring things out, was neat.

Level Title: Treadmill Trouble

ID: (Basic) 3365-0000-002F-ADA2 (Speed-run) B8C7-0000-002F-B6D0

Description of Gameplay Elements: I wanted this to feel like a very nintendo level, I put in lots of conveyer belts, with a few basic enemies. There’s a pipe that takes you to a section with a fun conveyer belt challenge that rewards you with an extra life if you can do it fast enough. Throughout the level there are generally two paths, with the higher path having fewer enemies and powerups but requiring more platforming skills to not fall down.

The level is specifically designed to be a speed run course, and can be completed in under 20 seconds with practice.

Images / Video: Image gallery

Playtest video of my roommate - I wouldn’t exactly call my roommate an “expert” mario player. This is an uncut playtest of him with the regular version of the level. He goes more for the bottom path, only moving up to the upper route for short periods of times. He has some difficulties with a few of the enemies, but he doesn’t die a whole lot.

(Spoilers) Speedrun by myself - If you would like to speed run the course, I recommend trying it yourself to find the perfect route. If not, you can watch my speed run that finished with 1 second left on the clock.

I actually enjoy building courses like this. The goal is really to build two separate levels that are intertwined. The first is the speed run course, which requires precision jumping, air stalling, and intelligent choice of routes. If you do the speed run right, you maintain momentum throughout, but a small mistake can kill you or make you miss the time limit. The second level is more of a slow paced exploration with enemies and powerups (you don’t have time for powerups in the speed run).

To build the speed run course I made liberal use of the mario trail tool in the course builder. When I made long leaps I would decide if I wanted them to be max distance, air stalled, or short hops, then I would make that jump and use the mario trail to place the next platform or obstacle appropriately along the trail. This allowed me to make a very smooth course with a lot of momentum if done perfectly. To set the time of the course I simply ran through it as fast as I could, and when I got a “perfect time” I used that to set the course time limit.

To build the “basic” course, I again used the mario trails, but this time I used them to find the “gaps” in the speed run route. These are the large sections of the level that you are jumping over or running under that the speedrunning player isn’t going to interact with. This is where I placed things like enemies, powerups, and secret pipes. This serves three purposes. For the non-speed runners this route is the more accessible one that they will probably take. For the speed runner, filling in these areas keeps the level from feeling too “sparse,” and they also add multiple routes that the speed runner can explore while trying to find that perfect path through the level.

I hope you guys enjoy playing this level in whatever way you like!

1 Like

Beat it and loved it. Too easy, more please!

I made another one, based around spin jumping on spinies, it’s rather easy but it was neat to think of ways to incorporate the gimmick.

63BB-0000-0031-40F5

Fun fact, started as ‘a ghost house where the floor is all ice’.

Man did that ever go off track.